Cafe Royal

Addicted to you

 

As you were changing, your phone blinked. A message popped open onto your screen so you unlocked your phone.

xxx-xxx-xxxx: Save this number! I’ll be mad if you don’t!!

You automatically knew it was Kai.

You: I will don’t worry

Kai: Good! And where are you going for your job interview?

You: Hailee said she’s going to give me the information tomorrow.

Kai: Ahh I see . . . Text me after your done, I’ll pick you up.

You: Okay.

And that was the end of you and Kai’s first text message conversation.

HAILEE POV

“Time to get Soohyun a job” you said stretching out on your bed.

You quickly dialed a number on your phone and waited for the other end to pickup.

?????: Hello?

You: Oppa! Long time no talk!

?????: O? Hailee how are you?

You: I’m good. And are you still looking for a worker for your café?

?????: Yeah. Why?

You: I have the perfect person.

?????: Please say it’s a girl. With the guys I have now, we hardly attract any males.

You: Just your luck. She’s the prettiest, smartest, nicest girl I know.

?????: Really? Well that sounds pleasant.

You: When should I tell her to come tomorrow?

?????: I have school until 3 so hmm tell her to come right after her school ends. Are you sure she’s going to be a decent girl? Last time you invited a girl to have a blind date with me and she was ugly.

You: All right. And trust me on this one. I never showed her to you, because she was to precious to me. Haha.

?????: Fine. I trust you with this Hailee. Hyung won’t be here tomorrow so I’ll decide whether or not she qualifies.

You: Yeah yeah yeah.

You hung up the phone and called Soohyun.

You: I got you a job!

Soohyun: Really? Thank you so much. If there is anything I can . . .

You: Shhhh! I already owe you so much. This is the least I can do.

Soohyun: Ahh thank you thank you thank you.

You: I’ll walk with you to the bakery tomorrow afterschool.

Soohyun: I can’t wait!

You hung up the phone and lied down on your bed.

*Tomorrow’s going to a hectic day*

NEXT DAY

YOUR POV

“Ahh I’m so nervous about this job thing.” you said burying your face into your hands.

You and Hailee were walking towards the café and every step you took made you feel uneasy. You had changed out of your uniform afterschool and put on a simple turquoise t-shirt, black jeans, and black combat boots.

“I am 100% no 200% sure you’re going to get this job.” Hailee said pinching your cheeks.

“Are you sure?” you asked in an uneasy tone.

“Yes I’m sure!” Hailee said in a reassuring tone.

“Okay good.” you said calming yourself down.

“Here we are!” Hailee said pointing at the café.

It was a little bit bigger than the Starbucks a couple doors down and the words “Café Royal” was plastered on the front.

“I should’ve worn something different.” you said.

“Shut up and let’s go!” she said dragging you inside.

The inside of the care was painted light brown and a two big trees were painted on one of the walls. A white line of paint connected the trees together and Polaroid pictures were pasted onto it. (Kinda like a clothesline with pictures hanging from it rather than clothes)

“Oppa!” Hailee waved.

“O? Hailee you came!” a boy said walking up to you.

He was a little bit taller than you and had jet-black hair.

“Anneonghaseyo.” you said bowing “I’m Soohyun.”

“So you must be the girl Hailee was talking about. I’m Tao.” the boy said.

“Uhm about the job interview. . . “ you started to say.

“You’re hired!” Tao replied.

“Neh?” you asked confused.

“I said you’re hired.” he said smiling.

“Soohyun wait right here. Let me talk to him for a second.” Hailee said dragging Tao somewhere.

You sat down at an empty table and looked out the window.

“Excuse me would you like to order something?” someone said tapping your shoulder.

You turned around and your eyes met with a boy with brown hair. The boy had plump cheeks and had a smile on his face.

“I’m fine thank you. I was just waiting to apply for a job.” you said smiling.

“You’re going to work here?!” the boy said smiling ear to ear. “I’m by Xiumin the way.”

He sat down in front of you casually.

“I’m not sure yet. My friend is asking the owner right now.” you said pointing at Hailee and Tao.

“O? Tao isn’t the owner. The owner is Kris. Hul . . . It’s Hailee.” the boy said with a worried look on his face.

“Is there something wrong?” you asked.

“She’s always manages to boss around everyone. Even Kris!” he said with a concerned look on his face.

You smiled at Xuimin’s response and looked back over to Hailee. She walked back up to you with Tao following her closely behind.

Tao's POV

You were cleaning the tables when a familiar voice called your name.

“Oppa!” Hailee called.

“O? Hailee you came!” you said walking over to her.

Next to her was one of the prettiest girls you had ever seen. She had long, wavy brown hair and had a nice figure. She was perfect for the job.

“You’re hired!” you said abruptly.

Before you knew it Hailee was dragging you to the other side of the café.

“What was that?!” Hailee said.

“What was what?” you asked confused.

“When I applied for the job you made me do all sorts of tests to see if I was qualified! Where’s Kris oppa? Isn’t he the owner?” you said throwing her hands up in the air.

“I did? Kris hyung had some business to take care of so I’m filling in for him.” you responded.

“Yes you did! Anyways, if anything happens to Soohyun, I’m blaming you.” Hailee said.

“Nothing is going to happen to her!” you replied.

“I know what kind of person you are oppa and I know you like to go far with girls in a really fast time period.” Hailee said.

She was right. For every girl you had ever dated (which was a countless amount), you were able to get to home base within a week.

“I won’t do ANYTHING to her.” you said.

“Good.” Hailee said before walking away.

YOUR POV

“You got the job!” Hailee said smiling.

“Really? Thank you so much.” you said hugging her.

“O? Xiumin oppa you’re working today?” Hailee said focusing her attention on Xiumin.

“Mhm.” Xiumin replied.

“I see you two have met.” Tao said looking at you and Xiumin

 “Anyways let’s go over there to talk about your shifts.” Tao said pointing to a room.

You nodded your head and followed him inside. When you walked inside, you found out that it was a small office/ hangout area. A desk, soda machine, flat screen T.V., sofa, and video game consoles occupied the room.

“Here sit down.” he said directing you to a chair. “Is there any particular time slot that you want?”

“I’ll take anything and I can work till late at night.” you replied.

“Okay then. Hmm how about Monday to Friday from 4 to 8? Of course there will be brakes in-between.” he said. “I’ll message Kris telling him about you.”

“That’s perfect,” you said smiling.

“Let me show you around.” Tao said leading you out the door.

He explained how all the machines worked, how to take order, and how to serve properly.

“Is this how you work the coffee machine?” you asked with a confused look on your face.

“Here, I’ll teach you.” Tao said walking up to you.

He went from behind you and placed his hand on top of yours. His body was almost touching your back, which made you blush.

“You push this and then turn this.” He said.

He leaned his body a little further, which caused his body to touch your back. His face was inches away from your right cheek as he explained the procedures to you. You quickly copied what he did and got the machine to work.

“You learn pretty fast.” Tao said smiling at you.

The two of you sat down at a nearby table with two lattes and some pastries.

“Haha thank you.” you smiled back.

“Hmm so tell me about yourself.” Tao asked you.

“Excuse me?” you asked.

“Fine I’ll ask you questions and you answer deal?” he asked again.

“Uhm sure.” you said.

“Who do you live with?” he asked.

“For now my grandmother, but I’m looking for a house.” you replied.

“What school do you go to?” he asked.

“Hope. It’s an all girl’s school.” you responded.

“O? I go to SME high it’s pretty close to SM high and your school.” Tao said.

“Do you know Exo-K?,” you said.

Tao’s expression grew dark.

“Our schools are close but we don’t interact with each other. They have there fans and we have ours,” he replied.

*Maybe I shouldn’t have asked.*

“Anyways, do you have a boyfriend?” he asked.

You were unprepared for this question and was taken by surprise.

“Neh?” you asked.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” he asked again.

“I don’t have one. Well I never really did.” you replied.

“A girl like you has NEVER had a boyfriend before?” Tao said in disbelief.

“I’ve been confessed to, but I’ve never accepted.” you said quietly sipping on your coffee.

“I see. It’s getting late, do you have a ride home?” Tao asked you.

*Text me after you’re done. I’ll pick you up.*

“I do actually.” you replied. “Let me call them now.”

You walked outside and quickly dialed Kai’s number.

Kai: So now you decide to call.

You: Uhm my job interview ended.

Kai: Really? Did you get the job?

You: Mhm!

Kai: Where are you working at?

You: Royal Café

The other end of the phone grew silent.

You: Hello? Kai?

Kai: O? Stay right where you are. I’ll be there as fast as I can.

You placed your phone back into your pocket and walked back inside.

“Everything okay?” Tao asked you.

“Everything’s fine.” you replied with a gentle smile.

Your phone vibrated in your pocket so you took it out.

Kai: Come outside. Now.

The text seemed more demanding than inviting.

“Tao-sshi my ride is here.” you said gathering your things.

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow” Tao said waving at you.

You left the café and stood outside looking for Kai.

“Ya what are you doing? Get inside!” Kai yelled.

You looked in his direction and found him sitting in a shiny black Ferrari. Even though it was dark outside, he was wearing sunglasses. You hopped into the car and then put your seatbelt on.

“Did anyone named Kris greet you?” Kai said.

“No. Well not today he didn’t” you replied.

“Good and before we leave there’s something I need to tell you.” Kai said.

“What is it?” you asked.

“I don’t know what speed limits are.” he smirked.

Before you could reply Kai sped down the street, with his destination set for you