Second "Date"

Addicted to you

I finally have wifi after 5 days <3 Now let the updates begin!

 

You walked to school and entered your homeroom. Like usual, Hailee greeted you with her bright smile.

“Ya, did you study for the chemistry exam for today?” she asked you.

“Yeah why?” you replied.

“Let me sit next to you during the test.” Hailee said smiling.

“Okay.” you replied.

You could never reject anyone no matter how absurd their request was. You were just too nice that was all.

“Uhm Hailee?” you asked her.

“Yeah?” she replied taking her ear buds out of her ear.

“Do you know where I can find a job?” you asked her quietly.

“A job? A DUHH! I can hook you up at a bakery my brother’s friend owns. I work there sometime too.” Hailee replied.

“Really?” you said with big smile on your face.

“Yup. That’s the least I can do for my best friend.” she replied.

“Thank you so much” you said hugging her.

“I’ll text or call you later today with the detail.” Hailee said.

“That’s fine with me.” you said.

Your classes went by pretty quickly, seeing that you had mostly free periods throughout the day. However, instead of enjoying it like a normal high school teenager, you were multitasking with trying to find house as well as writing a scholarship application. You weren’t the “richest” girl out there, so going to college would have been impossible for you if it weren’t for scholarships. This year the scholarship money was $50,000 dollars so you didn’t want to miss this chance. In the blink of an eye the bell rang signaling the end of the school day. You packed up your bags and exited the school building. Your eyes were glued on the phone since you were still browsing for houses. Being the careless girl you were, you accidentally bumped into someone, causing you to drop your phone.

“I’m sorry.” you said picking your phone up.

When you looked up you saw Kai’s face.

“O? Aren’t you K . . . “ you started to say.

Kai immediately put his hand over your mouth and shook his head.

“I don’t want fan girls chasing me so shhh.” he said.

You innocently nodded your head up and down.

“Good.” Kai said putting his hand away from your mouth.

“What are you doing here again? Where are the others?” you asked.

“I came alone today.” Kai said scratching his head. “Here”

He pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and placed it into your hands. You recognized that it was yours and found out that it had been scrubbed clean.

“I forgot about this.” you said placing the handkerchief in your bag. “You came all the way to give this to me?” you said impressed.

“Well it would be a waste of time if I just left now right?” he asked.

“I suppose you can conclude that.” you replied.

“Let’s go eat somewhere.” he said putting his hands inside his pocket.

“Uhm. . . “ you said realizing that you didn’t have any money.

“I’ll pay don’t worry. Think of it as a thank you for treating my finger.” he said showing you the bandaged cut. “Follow me.”

KAI’S POV

*Kai you’re officially a genius. You managed to get a SECOND date with this girl. Pwahaha! She’s still playing a bit hard to get but I’ll crush those boundaries. THEN I WILL HAVE FUN TIME WITH HER.*

You carefully lead Soohyun through a secret shortcut out of the school. Since the area was a small forest, Soohyun was having a little bit of trouble going over the broken branches on the ground. So, to help her you reached out your hand. She looked at your hand and then looked back up at your face.

“Hold onto me. This way you won’t fall” you said.

She grabbed onto your hand without hesitation and relied on you for the rest of the trip out of the forest.

*Her hands are so soft* you thought smiling to yourself.

Thank God Soohyun had her eyes glued to the floor or she would’ve seen you blush.

“We’re out!” you said. “I’m in the mood for some soondae. Let’s go!”

The both of you walked to a nearby street vendor and asked for a large order of soondae.

“What a cute couple you are.” the lady said to you.

“We’re not a couple.” Soohyun said quickly.

“Then why are you two holding hands?” the lady replied smiling.

You and Soohyun looked down at your hands at the same time and found them still latched onto each other. She broke away first, putting her hand behind her back.

*W e w e r e h o l d i n g h a n d s. . . This is like step 4 in prude world. If Soohyun were some other girl I would have . . . . let’s not go into detail. But strangely I don’t hate this feeling either. Just keep your cool Kai.*

“It’s fine. This ajumma won’t say anything.” the lady said winking at Soohyun.

YOUR POV

You felt a little uncomfortable seeing how the ajumma kept assuming that you and Kai were a couple. Just the thought of having a boyfriend made your face grow bright red. You looked over to Kai and found out that his expression was unchanged. As your order of Soondae came out, you said a little prayer and began to dig in.

“Wow this is really good.” you said putting another piece of Soondae into your mouth.

In a matter of minutes you and Kai finished the delicious dish and got up.

“Where do you want to go?” Kai asked you.

“I don’t have any where in particular.” you shrugged.

“I think I might know a place.” Kai said smiling at you.

He walked ahead and you trailed along behind him. After a couple minutes of walking you arrived at a huge park. It had a small pond, a couple of statues, as well as a small playground for the little kids. Everything seemed too familiar.

“Wow. I haven’t been here ever since I was a little girl” you said. “Everything still looks the same. . . “

FLASHBACK

“Umma take me to the swings!” you said running towards the large red swing set.

You were around 7 years old at this time and was completely oblivious to the world around you. The only people you really cared about, or paid attention to were you parents.

“Honey slow down!” your mom said chasing after you.

You plopped yourself onto one of the swings and wiggled around.

“Umma push me!” you said giggling.

“You better grab on tight.” your mom said smiling at you.

She pulled you back and then let you go, allowing you to soar through the sky.

“Higher! Higher!” you demanded.

“Mommy needs to take an important phone call so wait right here.” she said leaving.

You waited and waited. However, she never returned . . . 

END FLASHBACK

“Soohyun? Soohyun?” Kai called waving his hands in front of you.

“O?” you said snapping out of your trance.

“Are you okay? I called your name for a good minute.” Kai said with a worried look on his face.

“I’m fine.” you said quietly. “Is it okay if we leave?”

“Uh sure.” Kai said.

KAI POV

*Okay something is definitely not right here. Come on Kai use your genius brain to make some sort of connection. Yeah I got nothing*

Soohyun checked her phone and gasped at the time.

“It’s really late.” Soohyun said showing you her phone.

The time read 9:32 PM. You hadn’t realized that time was going by so fast. Hell with that, you didn’t even realize that it was getting dark.

“I’ll walk you home again.” you said.

She nodded her head and walked quickly away from the park. It seemed as if she wanted to keep her distance from this area. You were about to ask her what was wrong, but you held back your question. The two of you walked to Soohyun’s house in silence.

“Thank you.” Soohyun said bowing slightly.

“No problem” you said.

Soohyun was about to walk into her house, but then you grabbed onto her arm.

“Uhm can we do this again tomorrow?” you asked.

“I might have a job interview tomorrow, but I’ll see what happens.” Soohyun said giving you another warm smile.

*I’m melting. This girl really needs to stop smiling at me like that*

“One more thing.” you said.

“Mhm?” she replied.

“Can I have your phone number? Uhm you know to text and stuff.” you asked her in a shy tone.

“Uh I guess so . . . It’s xxx-xxx-xxxx.” she said.

“I’ll text you later.” you said stuffing your phone into your pocket.

Soohyun gave you a small wave and entered her house. As soon as she closed her gate, you whipped out your phone and scrolled through your contacts.

“Where is it?” you said to yourself impatiently.

You abruptly stopped at one name and smiled.

Park Soohyun  xxx-xxx-xxxx.

*You’re different Park Soohyun and I don’t mean that in a bad way . . . * 

--------------

adofihasodfia 

I feel so alive having wifi again :')

I usually update my status everyday/ every other day telling you when the updates are going to come out so keep that in mind!