His Past, the truth

Addicted to you

KAI'S POV 

You opened your eyes and found yourself in a pitch black room. You scoured the walls for the the light switch but you couldn't find one.

*Where am I?*

You were frustrated that you couldn't see anything in front of you so you let out a scream in agony.

"LET ME OUT!" you yelled. 

Then suddenly everything went white. You covered your eyes from the brightness and then reopened them when the light died down. In front of you was a little boy in a large, luxurious room. The boy was around 7 years old. Next to the boy was an middle aged woman sitting straight up with her legs crossed.

*Why is this so familiar?*

You squatted next to the boy and then looked at what he was doing. 

"Little boy what are you doing?" you asked.

The boy did not reply.

"Helloooo?" you asked again.

Once more, there was no reply. You swung your hands in front of the boy to try to get his attention. However, it was as if your presence was completely oblivious to him. 

*Okay this is weird*

You walked over to the middle aged woman and the waved your hands in front of her face as well. She didn't budge from her spot. 

*What the hell is with this place?*

Then suddenly the woman began to talk.

"Let's start with the word ajax. Tell me the origin, definition, part of speech, and put the word in a sentence." the woman said in a stern voice.

The boy mindlessly did everything that he was told with a straight face. His voice was monotone and much more mature than it should be. It was like seeing someone being brainwashed right in front of you.

*I feel sorry for the kid*

Your shrugged and left the room. You found yourself in a large office that was pretty much the size of a house. It took up at least a whole floor. A woman was in the large black chair behind the desk. You didn't know who she was since she had her back turned to you. The little boy you had seen a few seconds before was sitting in a small chair, poised for perfection. 

"How is your learning coming along?" the woman said.

"It's coming on very well mother," the boy replied.

"Good. You'll take over the company any second now." the woman said.

"Mother, I want to play outside to . . . " the boy started to say.

"You will stay inside and study." the woman said cutting the boy off.

"Excuse me lady? Your kid wants to play so let him play." you said pointing at the boy.

No one responded. 

"You'll get 5 beatings for this." the woman said.

"I'll return to my studies then." the boy said leaving the room. 

While the boy was leaving the room, you swore you heard him grumble something.

"I bet you don't even know my name . . . mother." the boy growled quietly. 

*The boy must have a tough life*

A bright light illuminated from the room once more and you found the boy in the same room as you once more. However, the boy was much more grown up. He looked around 15 years old and had matured. 

"Son! How's the private tutor? Hows the business lessons?" the woman said.

You didn't know what to call the boy so you just decided to dub him as "Jake". 

"I didn't go to tutor for the past week. I cancelled business lessons two months ago." Jake said.

"HOW DARE YOU?" the woman yelled. "What about the COMPANY?"

"Is that all you care about?" Jake said with piercing eyes.

"OF COURSE NOT. I love my son." the woman said.

"I'll ask you one question. Answer me in five seconds correctly. If you answer me correctly I'll do whatever you want. I'll be the slave that you always wanted me to be." Jake said.

"Go on." the woman said getting interested in the bet.

"What's my name," Jake said.

*Is this kid retarded? Why would he ask such a stupid question?*

"I- I know your name. I don't see how that relates to the current topic," the woman said.

"ANSWER ME," Jake boomed. "See you don't even know. You're such a pathetic woman. I don't even consider you my mother. You're just a cheating that married a man for his money."

"Raising your tone with me. Get out and think about what you have done." the woman said.

Jake stormed out of the room with tears glistening in his eyes. He slammed the door shut as hard as he could . 

*What a horrible mother . . . *

You followed Jake outside and then found yourself in a school environment. You followed Jake and he stopped in front of a boy.

"Be my friend." Jake said.

"What?" the boy he was talking to said.

"Be my friend. You'd be the perfect friend for me." Jake said outstretching his hand.

"I've never gotten such a direct offer from a person before." the boy said. "I'll happy to be your friend"

When you blinked your eyes everything fast forwarded itself. Now in front of you was well you . . . It was as if you were looking in a mirror. The "Kai" in front of you seemed younger than you about three years. He was happier, more alive than you were.

"You're me." you managed to utter. 

You watched yourself walk up to a house with flowers and a box of chocolates. The younger you rang the doorbell of the house and then a girl opened up the door. That girl was none other than Seobin.

"Hey baby" the younger you said.

(From now on everything is said by the younger you)

"Hey sweetie," she said giving you a kiss.

You handed her the chocolates and sweets and gave her a big hug. 

"Happy one year anniversary babe," you said.

Seobin led you inside of the house and then closed the door.

*But that's me*

A few minutes later a familiar face stepped in front of the house. This person was Kris. The younger you opened the door and exchanged a few words with him and it looked pretty heated. Kris threw his flowers onto the floor and stormed back to his car. Then everything began to make sense.

*That little boy was me . . . Jake . . . that was me.*

Now you remembered everything. (POV of the current you)

*I lived in the evil clutches of my mother for 15 years. I was a mindless zombie doing whatever I was told.*

Your mother only focused on trying to make you a heir for the company that her and her husband were doing. Your dad had left after the divorce with your mother long ago. All your mother cared about was money. To come to think of it, she wasn't even your mother. She was just a woman that you knew. Her name was Haesoo so you referred to her as that. When you were 15 you finally rebelled against her. You didn't want to continue living the life you were living. You found a place of your own and took 1/2 of your mother's fortune with you. She was too rich to care about how much you took. 

You enrolled yourself in SM high to make friends. The first person you approached was Baekhyun and you were able to spill everything to him. He was the only one that knew of your whole situation, the living nightmare you had to go through. 

About Seobin . . . she was the first girlfriend you ever had. You were in love with her. Everything about her made you happy and the thought of her made you smile. You bought her everything she wanted and took her places where only the richest of the rich could go. You had gone over to her house to celebrate your 1 year anniversary and had brought her numerous presents for her.

(the POV of the younger Kai)

You were eating dinner with her that day and then you accidentally knocked down your soda, causing it to spill all over you.

"Omo oppa here I'll get you new clothes. Go take a shower first. I'll come back with a surprise." Seobin said running up the stairs.

After you finished your short shower, you walked outside with no shirt.

*I wonder what's taking so long?*

You sat at the living room couch and flipped through the channels. Then suddenly someone knocked at the door. You sauntered over and opened it up. In front of you was a tall boy with golden hair. 

"Yo," you said opening the door.

You recognized the flowers in his hand and knew exactly what was going on. You read the card that was in his hand and saw that it read "Happy 6 months <3"

"You must be Seobin's relative." the man said.

*Relative? So she cheated on me and then lied to the guy she was cheating on*

You didn't want anything to get out of hand so you lied to the man.

"Relative? If buddy means relative then sure." you said.

 

Soohyun came down the stairs with nothing but her undergarments and a revealing nightgown.

"Kris . . . " she said alarmed. 

The man threw his flowers onto the floor and then stormed out. You closed the door behind him and then faced Seobin.

"You cheated on me." you said.

You didn't want to show it, but you were torn up. You felt like your whole world was falling apart.

"Oppa I'm sorry. Please don't go," Seobin said clutching onto you.

"You cheated on me for 6 months . . . I can't believe you." you said with tears coming down your face.

"OPPA I LOVE YOU." Seobin said pinning you down to the wall.

"Don't call me that. Pretend that you don't even know me from now on." you said pushing her away.

You grabbed your things and left Seobin. From that day on you never saw her again.

PRESENT TIME

You woke up and looked around. You were still in your house and the rest of Exo-K surrounded you. 

*It was all a dream . . . *

You looked at the clock and it read 3 AM. You wiped the beads of sweat off your forehead and then lied back down.

*A . . . Now I really don't want to face that Kris guy.*