Good to Worse

Addicted to you

SOOHYUN'S POV

You woke up today feeling better than ever. The sun shined just the right amount of sunshine through your blinds, radiating its warmth against your skin. You took a deep stretch before hopping out of bed. You walked over to the window and opened it widely. Outside, it was a perfect sunny day and everything just seemed happy. 

*Ahh today just feels so fresh* you thought taking in a deep breathe. 

You got ready for school and slung your backpack over your shoulder. With a piece of buttered toast in one hand, you exited your house with a cheerful attitude. When you got to school Hailee greeted you like always.

"Soohyun!" she called waving to you.

"Hellooooo Hailee!" you said with a bright smile.

Hailee stopped dead in her tracks and gave you the weirdest look possible. She continued to walk towards you and then opened your eyes widely with her fingers. She inspected both of your eyes a couple of times and then stepped back.

"You're not on drugs . . . that's one thing," she mumbled to herself.

"Hailee!" you exclaimed playfully hitting her on her arm.

"I was just joking," she said laughing,"besides, why are you so happy today?" 

"Today just seems like a perfect day you know? I even have my lucky pencil with me," you said holding up a regular #2 pencil.

"But . . . Never mind, I don't want to know," she said. "And did you check your grade online for science? I completely bombed the test,"

"What did you get?" you asked curiously.

"42 . . . " Hailee said quietly.

"Aigoo," you said shaking your head. "I told you to study!" 

"But I was busy the day before," Hailee whined.

"Doing?" you asked skeptically.

"Sleeping," she said with a guilty smile.

"HAILEE!" you yelled.

"I'm sorry, I guess I kinda deserved this grade haha," Hailee said scratching her head. "But whatever, I'm just excited for this month,"

"Why?" you asked.

"Uhm hello Valentine's day festival and the MT trip!" Hailee said.

*The festival right . . . Tomorrow I have to practice with Kai.*

"Soohyun? Soohyun? Helloo?" Hailee said waving her hands in front of you. 

"I said, we should perform together for the Valentine's day festival. Omg I heard SM high and this other school called SME high are coming," Hailee said.

"O yeah about that, I think I'm going to run a stand that day so no can do!" you lied.

*I'm sorry I had to lie to you Hailee. I just don't want people making a big deal out of it.*

"Bummer," Hailee said with a sorrowful expression.

"Next year okay?" you said reassuringly.

"You promised." Hailee said smiling. "I need to go to class I'll see you later!!" she said running off.

*That was a close one*  you thought walking upstairs. 

You arrived at the very top floor of your school and swung the door open to the ok-sang (kind of like an attic but its in the open air). You sat down on a chair that you had placed upstairs and opened up your notebook. On the front cover was the photo of you, your mother, and your father. Even though they left you, you always suspected that there would be a good reason behind it.

*They're going to come back for me. I know it . . . *

With a weak smile on your face, you picked some flowers that were growing in the cement crevices and placed it inside your notebook. You jot down a few notes to go along with the flowers as well. This notebook was like a journal to you and you wrote down everything about your family there.

Bonica Roses - Delicate pink petals that remind me of spring and summer. It's like that time mother and I went to the backyard to garden. hehe ^^ 

With a satisfied look on your face, you closed your notebook and walked back into the school. There you met Hailee to walk to your locker. With your notebook in one hand you went outside. 

"I hate math and anything related to numbers. Why do they have to combine the alphabet with the freaking number system?" Hailee complained.

"Silly Hailee," you said with a smile. "School is over so let's go get some ice cream. I'll pay."

"DAEKBAK!" Hailee yelled giving you a high five. 

You walked outside and found girls flocking quickly out. 

"That's guy was so hot and soo tall." one of the girls said.

"I wonder what all the hype is?" Hailee said hurrying outside.

"O? Soohyun-ah!" a familiar voice called you. 

A tall figure split the crowd and walked towards you. 

"Kris oppa?" you called.

"That's me." he said ruffling your hair.

"Hailee this is Kris. He's from SME high, the other school that's coming with us to the MT trip." you said.

"Nice to meet you," Kris said shaking Hailee's hand.

Hailee blushed a bit in his presence. 

"She knows another hot guy. What does she do to get such guys?" one girl whispered. 

"I thought she had Kai, what a ." another one said.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't call her that," Kris said standing in front of the girl. 

She cringed back at Kris's overwhelming charisma and quickly scurried away. 

"I'm sorry for that," you said.

"They're just jealous that you're so pretty and nice," Kris said reassuring you.

"Uhh thanks." you said getting a bit red."What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to take you out." Kris said with a smile.

"Take me out?" you asked.

"I'll explain later. Let's get out of here." he said motioning to his car.

You looked back to Hailee and then back at Kris.

"I just found out that I have to meet my mom at that place to do something . . . " Hailee said giving you a wink.

"It's not like t. . . . " you tried to say.

"Let's go," Kris said pointing to his car. "Give me your bag I'll hold it for you,"

"No it's fine," you said.

Disregarding what you had said, he grabbed your bag and slug the backpack over his shoulder. He escorted you to his car and helped but your seatbelt on. 

"Where are we going to go?" you asked. 

"It's a surprise." he said.

You patiently sat throughout the whole car ride, staring at the building move rapidly past you. You had opened the window, allowing the warm air to brush against your face. 

"We're here." he said parking. 

You placed your head out of the window, and saw a huge sign in front of you. It read, "Annual Zoo Exhibition!". 

"Oppa you took me to the zoo?" you asked. "I haven't been here in forever." 

"There was a 3 day traveling zoo, so I thought I'd take you," he said.

"Traveling zoo? Well that's a first." you said with a smile. 

"I thought it was a bit weird when I first heard about it too, but hey at least it's here," he said enthusiastically. 

You nodded your head in satisfaction and started to make your way to the entrance of the zoo.

"Tickets please," the guard said. 

You were a bit flustered since you didn't have any sort of admission ticket and or money. However, Kris handed over the guard two tickets and quickly motioned you to follow him.

"You already ordered the tickets?" you asked.

"Mmhmm," he said. "Here let's get some food." 

You got a little distracted, since it was the first time you had been to the zoo in so long. The fascination of the idiosyncratic creatures allowed your mind to run wild and open up from happiness. Seeing that you were so engrossed in the things around you, Kris grabbed onto your hand to prevent you from walking into anything.

"Are you that excited about this?" he asked.

You nodded your head like a little child and pointing at all the things you wanted to do and see. 

KRIS'S POV

You couldn't help but smile at the amount of energy Soohyun had. With some cotton candy in one hand she grabbed onto your hand, leading you to the different animals that she wanted to see. While you two were walking, a small dog managed to tail behind you two. It started to tug onto your jeans, as if trying to lead you somewhere.

"Do you want to follow it?" Soohyun asked.

"I don't think it would hurt." you said. 

You followed the dog and it eventually led to a small petting ground. Inside the fenced area were goats, puppies, rabbits, and ponies that were all separated. The dog happily wagged its tail and the ran off to join its friends. After spending some time at the petting grounds you decided to walk somewhere else. While you were walking, Soohyun's eyes lit up with amazement when you reached the elephant riding station. 

"Do you want to ride it?" you asked her.

"Really?!" she said. 

You walked up the stairs still holding onto her hand and then waited on line for your turn. 

"Two people?" the zoo-keeper asked. 

You nodded your head and he let you and Soohyun climb on top of the elephant. You grabbed onto the small railing that were on your side, but the zoo keeper quickly replaced your hands.

"Since it's the two of you, you need to be holding onto her. Pretend your riding on a motorcycle." the zoo keeper said.

You wrapped you arms comfortably around Soohyun's waist and shifted into a more comfortable position. You were a bit worried about what Soohyun would think about your actions, but she was too preoccupied with the elephant. 

"Are you alright?" you asked.

"Yeah," she said looking back to you. 

You locked eyes with her for a brief second, but she turned around quickly in embarrassment. When the elephant started to move, it seemed as if Soohyun was a bit startled seeing that she grabbed onto your arms tightly. However, as she got used to it her grip gradually relaxed and she began to enjoy the ride. After the ride, it was getting late so you decided to drive her home.

Soohyun's POV

*This day couldn't get any better*

"Thank you so much for today." you said.

"No problem. It's my pleasure" Kris replied. 

You arrived at your house and thanked Kris once more. He offered to walk you to your front steps and you gladly accepted his offer. As you walked to your house you realized that something was off.

*I thought I left the lights off before I left home this morning.*

You approached your house and found an envelope on the front door. It read "We've found you". You quickly ripped it off the door and hid it behind your back.

"Is there something wrong?" Kris asked looking a bit concerned.

"Nothing. Uhm thanks for taking me home. I'll see you tomorrow bye!" you said quickly entering your house, not even giving him the chance to reply. You locked the door and then took out the envelope. You ripped it open and read the contents of the note that was inside.

Hello Soohyun,

I hoped you didn't miss us too much. We've visited your grandmother's house and took care of things. Seeing that you weren't there, we decided to find you. I guess we were pretty successful ey? I expect my money by the end of this year. My men will start to check on you to make sure you're doing your job. I hope you like our warning/ redecoration. If you need to make money faster, don't hesitate to call. xxx-xxx-xxxx.

-LSM

*Just when I thought everything was going good . . . *

You crumpled up the paper with one hand and threw it across the room. You hesitantly lifted your head up and found that your house was in a complete mess. Things were knocked over, and items were broken. Your school papers were scattered carelessly onto the floor and your flower pot was spilt all over the place. You heart slumped and the color drained from your face. You dragged your feet to the different rooms of your house and found most of your possessions destroyed. You made your way back to your living room and sat down helplessly onto the floor. Everything around you, all your senses, seemed to become numb and you mind became cluttered. 

*LSM . . . Whoever you are, I will make enough money and I WILL avenge what you did to my family. . . *

Kris's POV 

Soohyun quickly locked the door, not even giving you the chance to say goodbye. However, something just didn't seem to be right. There was something that was bothering you. Just to make sure Soohyun was okay, you knocked on her door a few times. However, there was no reply. 

"Soohyun? Soohyun?" you asked.

You looked around and saw some light coming from the window. You quietly made your way to the window and peeked inside of her house. 

*This is not creepy at all. It's to make sure Soohyun is okay. That is all.*

As you looked inside, you managed to make out Soohyun sitting helplessly in the middle of her living room. Everything around her was broken and or damaged. 

*What the hell is going on?*

You were about to knock on the door once more to help Soohyun, but her neighbor prevented you.

"Oi young man what do you think you're doing peeping through someone's window. ." the old man said waving a brrom up into the air.

*I'll ask her about it next time. . . *

You hesitantly walked back to your car and sat down in the driver's seat. You didn't know why, but you knew that you weren't going to get any sleep tonight . . . 

______________________________

I'm going to a church retreat until wednesday so updates will follow after that ^^

This includes a new chap for addicted to you and a new chap for my other fanfic hehe :3 

Bought the 1Q48 trilogy ~ Time to start reading hehe