Handkerchief

Addicted to you

KAI'S POINT OF VIEW

"Here let me help" you said bending down to pick up Soohyun's things.

"It's fine." she said bending down as well.

She curled her hair behind her ears and picked up all the items off of the floor. 

"Ow." you said dropping the box cutter knife that you had picked up. 

Somehow it wasn't "closed" properly and it had managed to form a cut on your index finger.

"O? Here let me see." Soohyun said holding your hand.

She quickly took out her handkerchief and wrapped it carefully around your finger. As her fingers mended yours, you smiled seeing how concentrated she was. 

*She has such delicate fingers. Wow . . . WAIT WHAT? Kai focusss*

"I didn't have a bandaid on me so this is the best I have." she said looking at you.

"Huh? O it's fine." you said looking away.

*Kai what's wrong with you. You don't usually get embarassed in front of girls*

"Uhm I don't mean to be rude but what are you doing here?" she asked you.

"Me? O uhh I was looking for a book! Yeah a book." you said pointing at the book shelves

"Ahh I see. Is there a specific book that you were looking for?" she asked.

"Moby ." you bluntly replied. *Way to go Kai. She asks you about a book and you say the one with the word "" in it.*

"That's actually a great piece of literature." Soohyun said smiling.

"Uhm so what are you doing here?" you asked Soohyun quickly changing the subject.

"I usually come here after school to study." she replied.

*SCORE ONE FOR ME! I found out what she does after school. Now I don't need Sehun* 

"Uhm what are you studying for?" you asked her trying to keep the conversation going.

"Statistics." she said pointing at the problems in her notebook.

*Statistics? What the hell is that? That's not the point here. Now time to bring out my smooth moves*

"Isn't it a little late for you to be staying at the library?" you asked her.

"You're right. I should go now." she said, starting to pack up her things. 

After she packed her things inside her bag, she bowed and headed for the door.

"Uhh isn't it a little dangerous for you to be walking by yourself?" you said stopping her.

"I'm okay." she replied.

*You're supposed to say yes and then I'm supposed to WALK YOU HOME*

"I'll walk you home since I don't have anything to do." you said walking up to her.

"I'm fine really." she said continuing to reject your offer.

"I insist." you said heading out the door before she did.

_______________________________

YOUR POV

Kai went ahead of you and walked outside of the library building. You didn't want to keep him waiting so you quickly trailed along behind him. 

"So where do you live?" he asked casually.

"A couple of blocks from here." you replied quietly.

"Then let's go." Kai said starting to walk towards the left.

"Actually my house is on the right." you said correcting him.

"I knew that." he said quickly turning around.

You smiled at his funny response and followed him. You didn't know why, but every time you slowed down Kai slowed down his pace as if trying to walk in sync with you. Whenever you looked at Kai, he would suddenly turn his head around as if trying to ignore you. You sulked your shoulders and grabbed closely onto your books.

"I realized I haven't formally introduced myself. My name is Soohyun." you said giving Kai a gentle smile.

_________________________________

KAI POV

*She s m i l e d at me.* you quickly turned your head the other way to prevent her from seeing your smile. 

Normally you weren't like this. If a girl smiled at you or winked in your direction, you should casually accept it as if it was no big deal. But when Soohyun did it, you got butterflies inside your stomach and your face turned bright red. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Soohyun asked you confused.

"No. Nothing." you said turning back to her.

"Ah, this is my house." Soohyun said stopping in front of her black gates. "Thank you." 

"It was nothing." you replied.

You watched her enter her house and then you let out a deep breath. 

"You did good Kai." you said to yourself as you walked back home.

________________

AT HOME (still Kai's POV)

You punched in the code to get into your house and scanned your thumbprint against the security system. The door unlocked itself and automatically opened. You kicked off your shoes and made your way to the bathroom to wash your hands. 

"O? Isn't this Soohyun's handkerchief?" you realized looking at your finger. 

You unraveled the handkerchief and ran your finger under some water. You placed a bandaid on the cut and then closed your medicine cabinet. 

"She'll probably want this back right?" you said looking at the bloody piece of cloth.

You some hot water and started to scrub furiously at the handkerchief. 

"Come on blood, please don't make a stain." you said now putting soap onto it.

After about an hour of scrubbing, all the stains on the handkerchief had disappeared. You proudly smiled at your "accomplishment" and hung the piece of cloth on a chair. 

*I guess this give me another reason to see her tomorrow.*

_______________

I'm sorry for this chapter's shortness T-T 

Still packed with tests so I promise to update either tomorrow or Friday :3