Meeting the Boss

Addicted to you

Story Recap

The relationship b/w Soohyun (you) and Kai is mutual

Seobin (Kai’s crazy ex) is back trying to sabotage the relationship

Soohyun owes $100,000 in debt and she must pay it by this year (Chapter 4 reference)

Seobin hired a specific gang to hold Seobin hostage while she tries to win Kai back

Soohyun (you) are about to die

Have you, you, you lost your way again
The night air is still cold, get up
So, baby, hold on I’m worried of leaving you alone
I leave the road and follow behind you

EXO- Moonlight

Kai's POV

*Am I really a failure? Is this how everything is going to end?*

You had been running for what it seemed like an hour and although you had good physique, the fact that it was pouring and you had no shoes on made everything worse. Your pace began to slow down and began to have trouble breathing without coughing in intervals.

“Oy Kai!” a familiar voice yelled out.

You turned around and saw Kris pulling up his car beside you.

“What are you doing here?” you managed to say.

“Get in,” Kris said opening the door for you.

You left your hatred for his aside and got in as he told you to.

“I know what happened to Soohyun so buckle up,” Kris said quickly reversing the car.

“How?” you growled.

It pissed you off that Kris, someone totally unrelated to Soohyun, would know where she was rather than you.

“I found out the gang that Seobin hired had something to do with Soohyun’s past.” Kris said.

“Her past? What do you mean?” you replied.

To come to think of it, you didn’t really know much about what Soohyun had gone through. It was always you who ed about his problems and it was always Soohyun who would listen.

“Her father and mother abandoned her when she was a child leaving her to pay off all the debt of by herself. The gang apparently contacted a couple months back telling her to pay $100,000 by the end of this year. I’m guessing Seobin found that out and personally contacted the gang to deal with the situation,” Kris said.

Your mind was lost in its own black holes of chaos.

*Debt? Gangs? Abandonment? I didn’t know this at all. I never bothered to ask her.*

Soohyun had always been the cheerful one to help you up in times of need. She listened your problems, brought you happiness and most importatly, understood your convoluted sense of thinking. The last thing you would assume was that she was troubled and that she had failed mentioning it to you. She had hid her pain to bring you joy and the guilt overwhelmed you.

“Don’t beat yourself over the head with it. I don’t think she told anyone about her situation and I don’t think she was ever planning to. In fact, I doubt she even knows the gang that kidnapped her,” Kris said.

“Why are you helping me?” you asked looking at him.

“I know we have a history together and I know it ed both us up pretty badly but I’m ready to put it all aside for Soohyun’s sake. Seobin two timed not only us but many other people at the same time and we just took it out on each other,” Kris said in a heavy tone.

*When did this guy grow up?*

“We’re almost here so get ready,” Kris said as he pulled into an abandoned warehouse.

You and Kris both got out of the car and carefully made your way into the building. You thought the building would be bustling with gang members but all was quiet.

“What the hell?” you said confusingly as you opened the door to the building.

The building was large and musty with barely any light coming from the windows. Your eyes immediately diverged to Soohyun who was on the floor unconscious. Unlike her usual bubbly self, Soohyun was bruised and covered with cuts. Subconsciously tears began to stream down your face again.

“Soohyun-ah . . . “ you managed to utter.

You immediately told Kris to call 911 and rushed next to Soohyun. As you her hair, you noticed a note lying next to her.

Boss said not to kill her

Have 100,000 ready by tomorrow night or we’ll finish the job.

Come to the address we’re sending you ALONE.

“These ers . . .” you said under your breath.

___________________________________________________________

You sat next to her hospital bed with your head in your hands. Your mind automatically went back to the times when you had shared with Soohyun. The first time you met her: her blue sleeveless dress with the white buttons going all the way down and her boots that had slight scruff on the side. The time where you gazed at her in the library, the time when you went shopping, the time when she smiled at you. Now it was all gone. She had barely been alive a couple hours before and it pained you to think about how she had to go through surgery alone. 

"Soohyun . . ." you whispered her name.

You looked down at her lying ever so peacefully in her hospital bed. You blamed yourself because if you weren’t able to protect her. You blamed yourself for your own ignorance and vowed to make things right. You looked at your phone and the time read 11:19PM. That meant you had less than an hour to save her and to end her suffering. That was the least you could do for someone who had changed your life for the better.

"Some friends are waiting downstairs but I restricted them seeing that they are not next of kin," one of the nurses said.

You didn't respond. The nurses voice was irrelevant all that was in your mind was Soohyun. 

“I’ll be back,” you said kissing Soohyun’s forehead.

________________________________________________________________________________

It was 11:40PM when you arrived at your given address. You walked into the abandoned compound and listened to the echo of your shoes as you walked. A duffel bag with the promised money was slung over your right shoulder and you continuously fidgeted with it out of nervousness.

“You’re here!” a voice said.

You turned around and it was an older man with glasses. He walked up to you and extended a hand out for you to shake.

“People call me LSM. I assume you have the money I asked for?” LSM said.

“How can I trust that you’ll leave Soohyun alone? I could you up right now if I wanted to” you asked.

"That is an unwise decision Kai. I have my men stationed all around the area so it'll be unwise to do anything foolish. I thought you were smarter than that," LSM said.

You looked around and saw a couple of boys emerge from the shadows. They had baseball bats and cigarette smoke filled the air. 

"You don't know me," you said scowling at him.

"O but I do Kai. You see with my position, I know everything there is to know about you." LSM said in confidence. 

The way he thought he was superior to you angered you. However, you knew that he wasn't someone to mess with.

“Look, her debt is paid so I have no more use for her. Business is all about money Kai. Yes, you lose a couple people along the way but its all for the greater good. As a matter of fact I will tell you my full name and source of residence as collateral since it seems like you don’t believe me,” LSM said coming closer to you. He whispered his information into the year and immediately returned to his previous position.

“People like your are disgusting,” you said spitting at the ground in front of you.

“Hand me the money and we can both go our separate ways,” LSM said handing you a business card.

You were reluctant to make the trade, but for Soohyun's sake, you tossed the duffel bag over. LSM tossed it to one of his underling to look into the bag to see if the money that was promised was in the bag. The boy counting the money nodded his head and exited the compound with the other men.

“Good bye Kai. Take good care of her,” LSM said as you left.

It was over. It was finally over.