5 Second Rule

Addicted to you

You were still at your local library, studying materials for tomorrow's test. Textbooks were strewn all over the desk and your hair was tied up messily into a bun. In front of you was your best friend Hailee, who had already fallen asleep an hour ago. No matter how many times you told her the importance of next week's chemistry exam, she shooed the idea of studying away. Biting on the end of your pencil, you quickly solved three more problems regarding stoichiometric calculation. 

"Convert this to moles and the you get . . . " you said circling your final answer. "I'm done!"

You had some trouble unlocking your phone since it was your first time getting one. You decided to buy yourself a phone, for easier access of information during school. It was a white iphone with a pale blue case. 

"Hailee wake up." you said gently tapping her shoulder.

"Huh? wuh? Wuh you say?" Hailee said wiping her drool with her sleeve.

"I'm done. We can go home now." you said smiling.

"Well someone takes forever." Hailee said helping you organize your books. 

"You should've studied with me." you said pouting.

"I'll just wing it. It's Sunday, I don't work on the weekends." she replied giving you a thumbs up.

"I'll finish cleaning up my stuff and then we can go eat at a street vendor across from here." you said organizing your notes.

"O? You got a phone?!" Hailee said immediately lunging herself at your iphone.

You quickly grabbed onto it before she did.

"Yeah . . . I finally decided to get one to help me with schoolwork." you said.

"What's your number?!" Hailee exclaimed whipping out her phone.

"SHHHHHH" the librarian said.

"I'll tell you later. Let's first pack up." you said putting your books away.

"Aren't you going to be cold?" Hailee said looking at the outfit you were wearing.

You were wearing a blue sleeveless dress with white buttons going down the front. You were also wearing black combat boots to finish your look.

L_p0020521404.jpg

"Look whose talking!" you said looking at Hailee's clothes.

She was wearing a simple white V-neck with black jeans and black converse.

"I'm fine. Just organize your stuff at home! I'm starving let's go!" she said stuffing your bag carelessly. 

Hailee zipped up your bag and ran out the library doors, grasping onto your hand.

*That girl and her food* you thought smiling to yourself.

________________________________________________________________

At around the same time . . . 

"Someone's cocky" Chanyeol said stuffing two odengs into his mouth.

Exo-K was sitting at one of those street vendors eating everything in sight. They had mounds of kimbab, soondae, odeng, and ddukboki laid out before them.

"You know it's true." Kai said smiling.

"Your five second rule is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of." D.O. said munching on a kimbab.

"I can't help that the ladies love me. I haven't met any one who doesn't know me." Kai said flipping his hair.

"I love you oppa~ Marry me~" Baekhyun said cuddling Kai. 

"Hyung!" Kai yelled pushing him away.

"Oppa you're so mean." Baekhyun said pretending to cry.

Exo-K burst out laughing at Baekhyun's funny antics.

"Hyung! I dare you to try it out." Se hun said to Kai.

"Try what out?" Kai replied.

"You're five second rule." Se hun said.

"We have a smart maknae over here." Baekhyun said high-fiving Se hun.

"If you can get a girl's phone number I'll pay for all of the food." Su ho said.

"Choose a girl for me." Kai said leisurely.

"Hmm the one sitting over there." Chanyeol said pointing at a random girl.

"Watch the master." Kai said standing up. 

He walked over to the girl and sat down across from her.

"Hello pretty lady." Kai said winking.

"H . . . hello." the girl said.

"I couldn't help but notice your beauty from over there. Can I have your number?" Kai said smoothly. 

"Ah yes. It's xxx-xxx-xxxx." the girl replied.

"I'll call you." Kai said standing up.

He walked back over to the rest of Exo-k and showed them the girl's number.

"I told you~" Kai said.

"Hul. Hyung, you're really good at this." Se hun said marveling at the phone number.

"Ehh she wasn't pretty. She's probably desperate for a guy." Su ho said unwavering. "So, it doesn't count."

"Someone can't accept their defeat." Kai said teasingly. 

"I just think that one was no fair." Su ho replied.

"Fine choose another one for me." Kai said.

Just then you and Hailee ran up to the pojangmacha (street vendor) that Exo-K was coincidentally at. 

"Hailee slow down." you said.

"Ajumma two odengs please."  Hailee asked the ajumma ignoring what you said. 

Hailee handed over the money and handed you one odeng.

"Let's go sit." she said walking towards a nearby bench.

"Oi." Baekhyun said nudging Kai.

"What?" Kai said annoyed.

"Did you see that pretty girl?" Baekhyun asked.

"Who?" Kai asked back

"The one in the blue." Su ho said.

"What about her?" Kai replied.

"That's your target. If you get her number I'll acknowledge your five second rule." Suho said with his mouth full of kimbab.

"This time shake on it." Kai said holding out his hand.

"Deal." Su ho said shaking Kai's hand.

"Now watch the master do his job." Kai said standing up once more.

__________________

YOUR POV.

"This odeng is really good isn't it?" Hailee said munching on hers.

"Mhm." you replied taking a bite out of yours.

"Ya by the way did you see those guys over there?" Hailee said nudging you.

"What about them?" you replied uninterested.

"They look SOOOOO hot. They're the king-ka group at SM high. That guy, Kai, he's everyone's number one!" Hailee said squealing.

"I dont really pay attention to tho . . . " you started to speak.

"HE'S COMING." Hailee said cutting you off.

"Hello ladies." Kai said smiling at you and Hailee.

"Hi Kai" Hailee said waving.

"Ah you know me?" Kai said. *Obviously she knows me.*

"You go to SM high right?" Hailee asked.

"I do actually." Kai said smiling. "What's your name?"

"I'm Hailee and this is my best friend Soohyun." Hailee said putting her arm around you.

"If you don't mind can I have your numbers?" Kai asked.

"Uh, Hailee I'll go home first. I have to get some sleep for the test." you said avoiding Kai's question.

You quickly got up from your seat and walked towards the opposite direction. 

"I'm sorry for my friend. My number is . . . " Hailee began to say.

"Nevermind." Kai said turning around. 

"SO YOU DON'T WANT MY NUMBER?" Hailee called out after Kai.

Kai walked back to s and sulked down into his seat. Baekhyun and Suho couldn't stop laughing at Kai's failed attempt.

"She totally CURVED you. " Suho said wiping away tears from his eyes.

"Ladies and gentlemen I present you the first girl that EVER dumped Kai." Baekhyun announced. 

"Shut up." Kai said extremely pissed.

*How can that girl avoid my question? I'm THE Kai. Number one King-ka at SM high. I'm rich, good looking, and popular so why wouldn't she want to give me her number?* Kai thought.

"Looking from their age, they look like high schoolers." D.O. remarked.

"I think they go to Hope. It was written on one of the girl's bag." Se hun said.

"Boys, let's go on a little hunt tomorrow shall we?" Kai said.

"You're not going to go find her are you?" Chanyeol asked.

"We'll see about that." Kai said smiling mischievously.  

___________________

 

Ahh so how was the first chapter?

Pretty short yeah >3< (me so sorry)

I don't want to go to school tomorrow T-T