Chapter 2

Clutter & Douchebag

The school’s bell rang, signalling the students that it’s lunch break. I fixed my books and brought it with me. The principal said that they provide students their own lockers for free. This school must be really rich. I started looking for my locker at the hallway. *Where, where, oh there!* I approached my locker and looked at the name to make sure if it’s really mine. I smiled and opened it. (You know the password because it’s written on your schedule paper) I started putting my books in it. I closed and locked it and decided to go to the cafeteria.

 

“~~~~~!” someone shouted from the crowd. I looked at the person’s direction and noticed it was Sungjong.

“Oh, Sungjong-sshi. What’s up?” I waved at him. He waved in reply and grabbed my wrist.

“Come with me!” he beamed.

“W-where are we going?” I asked him and furrowed my eyebrows.

“Just wait and see.” He winked and both of us stopped in front of a table.

“Sungjong, have you seen my—wow.” A guy from the table spoke up but was cut off when he saw me. He looked at me from top to bottom. I just kept my head low, but I can still see him staring at me from the corner of my eyes.

“Yah, Woohyun hyung. You got carried away by ~~~~~’s beauty?” Sungjong teased. So that guy’s name is Woohyun. And what did Sungjong said? My beauty? I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. He looked back at me and laughed.

“Of course! I’m Nam Woohyun. Nice to meet you, ~~~~~.” He winked at me and took my hand. He kissed it and my cheeks flushed in pink. I pulled my hand away and heard him chuckle.

“I’m Dongwoo! Hello there ~~~~~!” the other guy said. I waved at him and flashed a smile.

“My name is Sunggyu! I’m the leader of this kingka group.  Nice to meet you!” another guy beamed. He grinned and his eyes formed like a crescent moon.

“I’m Howon! But you can call me Hoya.” Hoya waved and I waved in response.

“Lee Sungyeol imnida! This boy beside me is L. His real name is Kim Myungsoo.” Sungyeol gladly introduced himself and that L guy.

“Ah, yes. I’ve met L-sshi a while ago. Anyway, nice to meet all of you!” I grinned and bowed.

“No need to be so formal, jagiya.” Woohyun cooed. The other members rolled their eyes in disgust. I just laughed and started to walk away when Sungjong pulled me.

“Where are you going? You’re gonna eat lunch with us!” he exclaimed and jumped.

“M-m-mwoh?! No need. I can eat by myself—“

“Ah, don’t worry! We’re not going to leave a girl by herself, especially when she’s our friend and new school mate.” Sunggyu said. Friend? They consider me as their friend? I thought for a while and I nodded in agreement. They cheered and students are now looking at me with death glares. I just kept my head down and eat my lunch.

I somehow can’t concentrate because of their loud chatting. Whenever I look up, I would catch L looking at me, and then he will quickly look away. My heart then started to beat fast. What is this feeling? Oh no, maybe I have a heart disease!—nah, it’s not that. Maybe, it’s because of L’s gaze? I don’t know. My thoughts are cut off when the school’s bell rang again. All of us went back to our own classes.

 

After classes, I decided to hide from Sungjong and that kingka group. I wanted to be alone for a while and have a short trip around the campus.

I went inside a huge stadium and was astonished.

“Wow, this is much bigger than my old school’s stadium.” I mumbled. I went on the stage and saw a piano.

“It’s been a long time since I didn’t play the piano. Hmm, should I?” I spoke to myself.

“No, not now. Others might hear me and scold me. Especially teachers. I’ll play you someday.” I smiled and lightly run my fingers to its keys.

 

After ‘travelling’, I sat on one of the benches in the school’s garden. There’s only a few students staying there and reading some books. Others are blabbering and sleeping under a shady tree.

I then felt a tap on my shoulder. I was a little startled because I was closing my eyes. I looked at the person and smiled.

“Hey, this is the first time I saw you. Are you new here?” the person asked me. She was wearing a light make up and she looks stunning.

“Neh, I’m a new student. My name’s ~~~~~.” I held my hand out. She sat down beside me and shook my hand.

“I’m Lee Jieun!” She beamed. Yay! Another friend!

“So, would you like to be my friend?” she asked me. I nodded without any hesitation. Of course I would accept it. I have a habit of meeting new people, well; it depends on what I’m feeling. I have no mood to talk a while ago that’s why I wasn’t able to make friends to my other classmates.

 

Me and Jieun chatted and even exchanged numbers. She also belongs to a queenka group. Really, I must be the luckiest new student here.

“I’m going now. My boyfriend’s waiting for me. Annyeong!” she stood up and waved goodbye. I waved in reply and gave her a sweet smile.

 

I got home and plopped myself on the couch. My dad came out from the dining area and sat down beside me.

“~~~~~-ah! How’s your first day at school?” he asked me while sipping his coffee.

“It’s fun. Appa, Seoul University is amazing! I already met 8 students! They are really friendly.” I replied and tugged on his arm like a kid. He smiled and pinched my cheeks.

“Oh, and ~~~~~-ah, I need to tell you something.” he said. I tilted my head and kept silent, giving him a signal to speak.

“I’m going to a trip to Malaysia for 5 months. I know you will be disappointed but, my boss is begging me to come with him.” he sighed and my shoulders deflated.

“Are you okay with it?” he asked me. I thought for a while and spoke up,

“Of course, appa! It’s okay. 5 months is not that long, right?” I grinned. His face lit up and he gave me a tight hug.

“So, when is your flight?” I pulled away and asked him.

“Next week.” He replied firmly.

“WHAT?! That fast?? We should hold a party for you!” I said with a shocked face.

“Aigoo, it’s okay. Let’s just spend this week by going out. Just like a couple! I also missed seeing you play at the playground while you were still a kid.” He said and chuckled.

“Yah, appa! Are you saying that we’re going to go to a playground?” I asked him in disbelief.

“Just because I said that I missed seeing you play already means we’re going to a playground?” he chuckled. Well, yes, what he said was true.

“Don’t worry, I’m just going to buy anything you want!” he added with a glee.

“Hmm, let’s just go to an amusement park!” I exclaimed. Oh how I miss going to an amusement park.

“Sure, when do you like to go there?” appa asked.

“Maybe on Saturday. I have classes, right?” I giggled. He nodded and both of us continued chatting.

*So, I’m going to be alone for 5 months. It’s not that long. But I’m gonna miss him. I’m gonna miss his bright personality and laugh. It’s not like he is going to leave me like what umma did. I trust him. I trust my appa.*

 


 

A/N: Hey new subs! Thanks for subscribing! Do leave a comment. :)

ANDDDD, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO INFINITE's DANCING MACHINE, LEE HOWON! /pops confetti/  \:D/