Chapter 10

Clutter & Douchebag

I fluttered my eyes open at the sound of the birds chirping. I rubbed my eyes and slowly brought my body upward. When I looked at my side, Jiyeon unnie was gone. I saw a note on the coffee table and it said,

 

Thanks for your time, cupcake. I’ll see you again soon! Saranghae~

 

I giggled at her short but cute note. She never fails to make me smile just by doing small things. I put it back on the table and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

I was surprised to see a letter inside my locker. It’s not even White Day today. I opened it and read it on my head.

 

Choi ~~~~~, let’s meet at the school’s garden at dismissal. Let’s finish our project! ^^

-Mr. Lee Byunghun

 

I giggled once again. Why do I receive such sweet and amusing messages today? I placed it back on its place and grabbed my books for today’s classes. My first subject is History, a class with Kim Myungsoo. Eugh, I hope he won’t piss me off. Today’s a great day and I don’t want him to ruin it.

 

Just as I open the door of the classroom, Jieun ran to me.

“Yah! Good morning!” she gave me a tight hug and pinched my cheeks.

“Good morning! Uhm, what are you doin’ here?” I asked her and pouted my lips.

“Nothing, I just came to see you. Maybe I got earlier.” She giggled. I ruffled her hair but then something caught my eyes.

Suzy was there, sitting on L’s desk. Both of them are tickling each other and some other stuff. Oh please, why here?

“Yah, ~~~~~-ah, aren’t you going in?” Jieun shook me lightly. I blinked and turned to look at her.

“Of course I am going in!” I beamed. I made my way to my chair with Jieun tugged on my arm. I was glancing at L but instead, Suzy and I met eyes. She rolled her eyes and continued on with her work (?) with L. I looked away and chatted with Jieun instead.

 

 I finished my class and head to my locker. I opened it and saw another letter.

*Again? Who could this be from?*

 

I’m warning you, Choi ~~~~~. Don’t mess with Myungsoo oppa.

 

I chuckled and crumpled the paper. You’re just wasting your time, Suzy. I don’t care if you will do something scandalous to me. It’s your entire fault anyway. I want to destroy your oppa, all he did were meant to have revenge.

 

I haven’t talk to Infinite members except for Sungjong. It’s like they are avoiding me?

Sungjong and I have the same class. Our teacher hasn’t arrived yet so I decided to talk to Sungjong.

 

“Sungjong-sshi.” I nudged him. He turned from the book he was reading and smiled at me.

“Neh?” he asked.

“Why does the other Infinite member’s avoiding me? I mean they’re acting weird. Do you know why? Did I do something wrong?” I asked. There was a moment of silence but then, he spoke up.

“It’s because of Bae Sooji. She threatened them that if they will talk to you, she will do something ‘deadly’.” Sungjong sighed. I frowned and my shoulders deflated.

“Then you shouldn’t be talking to me right now.”

“No! I won’t. She doesn’t know and she’s not here anyway. I also miss talking to you. I don’t care about her threats.” he pouted. A smile then crept up my face. I ruffled his hair and giggled.

“You don’t know about the whole story last school year. But she means it when she threatens somebody. She’s a creep.” Sungjong whispered.

“Oh and yeah, she got suspended for 5 days because of that.” He quickly added. I was getting curious at ‘that story’ thing.

“Can you tell me a portion of that story?” I pleaded.

“Sure, but it’s lame and makes no sense.” He replied.

“I don’t care. I’m getting curious, you know?” I chuckled. He just nodded and continued.

“Last school year, some fangirls of L hyung started to flirt with him. Suzy and L aren’t together yet in that time, but she acts like she owns hyung. One time she threatened a girl. When she caught the girl she threatened flirting with L hyung, she slapped her hard and commotion started. It makes no sense, right?” he ended. I hung my head low and bit my lip. She’s that sensitive? That is so not acceptable. Why does she act like that? And, I’m kind of disappointed with Infinite. They’re not going to die because of Suzy. They are 7, Suzy’s only 1. More of, she’s a girl. They’re stronger than her. They mustn’t be afraid of a girl.

 

“Ohh, so that’s why. And, you mean they’re just a new couple right now?” I asked him. Sungjong nodded. ‘Ohh’ was the only word that came out from my mouth. Just then, our teacher came in and all of us settled in our seats.

 

Dismissal is here. I was waiting for Byunghun at the garden. I inhaled the fresh air and watched the trees sway and birds fly.

Someone then tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw a smiling L.joe.

“Hey there!” he beamed.

“Hi.” I replied. My heart is beating furiously. Butterflies are getting inside my stomach whenever I see Byunghun. I couldn’t face and talk to him without blushing and grinning widely.

 

Am I...

...

falling for him?

 

“Come, I’ll take you to somewhere.” He told me and grabbed my hand. My chest is getting heavy right now. We walked together, hands in hands. My mind was blocked and I exactly don’t really know what to do.

 

 

L’s POV

 

I hid from Suzy after classes. My day didn’t turn out good. Classes are boring as usual. Suzy won’t let me stay away from her sight. I’m getting stressed with all of her whining. I feel like breaking up with her anytime soon.

 

The hallways are empty and all of the students are downstairs. My hands are in my pockets as I was humming my favourite song. I stopped for a moment and leaned on the railings. I could see the view of the school’s garden. I really like this kind of scenery. When you are all alone and you feel like you own the world.

 

Something then caught my attention. I couldn’t see it clearly so I blinked my eyes. I groaned as I recognize the person.

“The clutter. It’s making my day worse. Why does she need to ruin the scene?” I mumbled.

She was facing the big fountain in the middle. Her hair sways whenever the wind blows. Honestly speaking, she has a long hair, my major turn on to girls. Why did I just realize it now? A small smile then formed on my face……No, Kim Myungsoo! You won’t fall for that clutter.

 

A guy figure stood behind ~~~~~. I squinted my eyes and recognized the guy. Lee Byunghun.

I saw ~~~~~’s face lit up when she turned around. So it’s true that she likes him. It’s obvious because of her reaction.

They were just standing there, not caring to say a word. But then, L.joe held her hand. He dragged her to some place and they walked hands in hands. I can feel a lump forming on my throat. I swallowed it and I can feel shivers going down my spine. Why am I even feeling this thing? What’s the meaning of this?