Chapter 36

Clutter & Douchebag

Your POV

What am I even doing? As if he's going to acknowledge my presence. He's been ignoring for almost a week that feels like eternity! I thought and scoffed. I've been following his figure that was wandering around the busy street for a while now and yet again, I'm too tensed to call his attention. We haven't talked for ages and now meeting him on the street was just oddly awkward.

I stopped my tracks as he halted as well, him still oblivious that I've been secretly trailing behind him. I kept a semi-long distance away from him and pretended to be waiting for someone. I then glanced at him; He was standing in front of a huge glass window and was looking at the adorable and colorful display of a small village, filled with colorful lanterns, houses and cottages with Christmas decorations, and all the other things you will see every Christmas. I looked inside the shop and it was filled with different gifts, toys, everything that kids would love to receive on the special season. You would definitely feel the Christmas spirit when you get inside the shop. Snapping out of my deep trances, I slowly walked up to him, gathering up my courage. I cleared my throat and halted just a few steps away from him.

"Myungsoo!" I called, a bit of surprise and anxiety evident in my voice. He straightened his body, but did not look directly at the source of the voice. I creased my eyebrows as I waited for a minute for his response. I walked closer and peeked at his blank face, only to get disappointed and shocked at the same time when he turned his heels and walked away as fast as he could. I stood there astounded as my eyes follow his retreating figure on the crowd. He didn't say anything nor look at me...aish! What's wrong with that L Kim? Really?! I huffed and followed him after. I just can't let him go away like that without even greeting me back. It wasn't right. I have to know why he was giving me his cold-shoulder treatment.

"Myungsoo! Kim Myungsoo! L! Myungsoo Kim! Hey!" I continually called after him. He wasn't running, but hell he was a fast walker. And not to forget, a great jerk and ignorer as well. "Yah!!" I grabbed him by the shoulders to stop him and turned him to face me. I panted and breathed deeply for air. I stood straightly as I diverted my gaze on him, meeting again his blank and dull expression. "Why weren't you stopping? Why were you ignoring me?" I asked him with curiousity and disappointment in my eyes. I was way beyond my limits on why he's acting as if he's deaf and as if my voice was just a wind blowing through his ears. I need to know what was up. Am I the reason why he was acting like this? Not being able to endure the freezing weather any longer, I had to drag Myungsoo to a small restaurant for warmth. I rubbed my hands together and blew on it as I once again looked at Myungsoo. "Are you really intentionally not answering?" I hissed in impatience. Not long after that I had to blink twice to make sure that he did not smirk at me. A smirk that was almost as if he was telling 'I am'.

"Isn't it too bland to be noticing you?" ....What? "I mean, we're not close so it's not really necessary for us to communicate." Myungsoo said bluntly.

"What are you saying??"

"I'm not in the mood to talk. I'm going." With that he left the place, leaving me bewildered. I have been furrowing my eyebrows the whole night, thinking why and how Myungsoo acted like that. We're not even close. It's true that we weren't, but I have this part of me that made me feel sad and mad at him. I was just trying to keep up a nice relation with him because I have this urge to know him better. Not that I like him in that way, but I just wanted to be a friend. A friend that'll at least ease up his mood when the rest of his closest friends aren't around.

I sighed and rolled to the other side of my bed. I went home directly after the little encounter with Myungsoo earlier, all the while thinking about jumping to conclusions about him. I sighed for the umpteenth time and closed my eyes, only to make me open them up again when my phone vibrated on the bedside table. I grabbed it and tapped it open. 2 New Messages I opened the first one; it was from appa.

We arrived safely at Daegu, ~~~~~-ah. The weather isn't that cold here, but I bet it is in there. Don't stay too long outside so you won't catch a bad cold! Wear warm clothes too, neh? I'm missing you already. ㅜㅜ Hope you'll seep well tonight! Saranghae ^^

A chuckle came out from my mouth. How I wanted to receive a text from him everyday. Even just a simple 'Take care' and 'I miss you' from him automatically cheers me up. The fact that his presence wasn't here anymore just saddened me. But then, his simple actions such as calling and exchanging message would make me feel as if he's always here with me, always looking after his princess. I tapped my reply to him and I opened my second message and happily read it.

From: Byunghun oppa

I promise I'll make it up to you on the next days. Mianhae! T_T How did you go home though? Just by yourself? Aigoo, I feel so guilty. A guy shouldn't let a girl go home by herself...Ahh. T_T

I quietly laughed at his message. He sounded so sincere and concerned, almost as if I'm his wife. As much as I'm not in the right moment to think about marriage yet, I couldn't help but think how my life would be being with Byunghun until our death.

To: Byunghun oppa

Aigo oppa, I'm fine! See, I can still text you~ Don't feel too sorry. You're forgiven, I understand your situation right now. ^^

After a while, I received a reply from him.

Thank you for understanding me, jagi-ya. You're the best~ We should rest now. I wouldn't want my princess to get dark circles under her eyes~ Good night! ♥♥

I giggled and replied, 'Sure thing, oppa. You're right. You've had a long day and in fact, you need more sleep than me~ Good night to you, too. ♥' After exchanging texts, a deep sleep blanketed my soul, completely forgetting about the complication happening between Myungsoo and I.

-----

I woke up to the cold and gentle breeze brushing on my skin. My eyes fluttered open but then I just snuggled my body under my warm covers. I felt like staying in bed since I have no plans for this month. Appa isn't with me and the whole house is definitely boring without him. I threw my blanket away from my face when my phone rang. I picked it up without knowing who the caller was. "Yobeoseyo?"

"Good morning, ~~~~~-ah!" A high voice came from the opposite line. A smile formed on my lips as I said,

"Good morning, Jieun-ah! What made you call this early in the morning?"

"Well, oppa told me to call you and tell you that he'll pick you up for brunch today after his work at the company. You don't know how eager he was to finish the works appa was bringing to him so he won't be late to pick you up." Both of us chuckled. At the same time, I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach, Byunghun would really do anything to make what he'd done right again. The rest of my morning was filled with wit and laughter as I talked to Jieun, at the same time preparing to meet Byunghun again.

At eleven thirty in the morning, the house's doorbell rang. I perked up from the couch and headed to the front door. Once I swung it open, there stood a guy just about my height, smiling brightly at me. I smiled back, feeling yet another butterflies in my tummy.

"Hey." Byunghun greeted, his charming smile never leaving his face.

"Hi oppa." I beamed, making a way for him so he could come in.

"I missed you." He said with a pout as soon as he sat down on the couch in the living room. I laughed and ruffled his hair, sitting beside him.

"We were just together yesterday! You silly." I said, still chuckling. Just then, Byunghun rested his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms on my waist. I looked down his right hand which was now in front of me, a freshly-picked red rose on its grip. I felt my cheeks tinted pink as I took the rose from Byunghun's hand.

"Thank you, Byunghun-ah." I said, amazed by the stunning rose which was now beautifully blending with the flowers on a glass vase at the top of the table. "Anything that cheers my girl up. Hm, shall we go now?" He winked and stood up, offering his hand at me. I nodded and took his hand as we headed to the front door.


The bus dropped us near the biggest mall in the city and we walked towards a restaurant just beside it, WooSung Galbi. I stopped my tracks as I grabbed Byunghun by his arm. He looked at me in shock as he followed where my gaze was landing.

"Are we really going to eat here? We could just eat somewhere else, y'know!" I said, still looking up the signage. It is the most popular restaurant in the city, the one with the expensive meals as well. Judging from the autographs and photos of a lot of artists and idols on the interior, this has been already visited by many of them.

Byunghun laughed and patted my head as I frowned a bit. "It's my treat anyway! I also wanted our second date to be extra special." He winked and interlaced our fingers together, making my heart raced as if it was a race car. He started to drag me inside and I just followed him. I couldn't insist him to eat somewhere else anymore. It's Lee Byunghun; my persistent boyfriend. And true to say that....this is our second date....or could be....

Once we got inside, we went to a table good for two persons. He pulled out a chair for me as I sat down and thanked him. He sat down across me and handed me the menu. "You could pick anything you want." Byunghun said with a smile, looking through his own menu. I slowly nodded, my eyes going down through the number of meals and their prices. I pouted. They're so expensive! I wouldn't want Byunghun oppa to spend a lot just for our breakfast and lunch. As if Byunghun read my mind, he spoke up, "Jagi-ya, didn't I tell you that I wanted our second date to be extra special? Don't worry about the prices, neh?" He reached out for my hand that was on the table as I nodded in understanding, sighing at the same time.

In the middle of our meal and conversation, a voice called out for Byunghun. "L.Joe!" We both turned our heads to the source of the voice and found a girl around our age waving at Byunghun. The girl stood up from her place in the restaurant and approached our table. Once she was in front of us, I saw how flawless she looks like. I was mesmerized. She has her reddish hair tied on a side ponytail, her wearing a cream coloured coat and a brown muffler wrapped around her neck. Byunghun stood up from his chair with a smile as he asked her, "Tiffany! What are you doing here? I thought you were still in New York?"

The girl whose name is Tiffany giggled and replied to him, "I was! I just got back a few days ago. Why do you sound so surprised though? By the way, I really missed you!" she threw her arms around him that got me taken aback. Byunghun looked at me as I just nodded my head a bit, telling him that it's fine for me. I wasn't really bothered by the sudden contact. In fact, I just thought that both of them were just really that close; childhood friends, maybe?

Tiffany pulled away from Byunghun and diverted her gaze to me. "Oh, who's your friend here?" She asked. Friend..

Byunghun rubbed the nape of his neck and looked at me. "Tiffany, this is ~~~~~. ~~~~~, this is Tiffany, my friend back from America since my freshmen year." He introduced as I stood up to slightly bow my head and shook her hand. She did the same with a smile plastered on her face, her eyes turning to small, crescent shapes.

"It's nice to meet you, ~~~~~. Do you know that I still had to blink twice at this guy? It's just that it's rare for him to have a friend that's a girl." Tiffany said with a chuckle as I just chuckled awkwardly, not knowing what to say in response. Byunghun cleared his throat and spoke up, "She's actually my girlfriend, Fany."

Tiffany made an 'oh' sound as she slowly nodded. I couldn't actually guess what her reaction meant. Was she surprised? Was she happy for Byunghun? Was she actually hinting us that she disapproved, as if she was his mother? Before I knew it she had gotten her caramel frappe on her previous place and grabbed a chair to sit down beside us. Byunghun and I met gazes as he gave me an apologetic look. I gave him a small smile, telling him that it was fine. I didn't even know that Byunghun asked me to let her sit down our table, the two close friends chatting happily, while I on the other hand was drowning in my own pool of thoughts. I could only play with my food and eat it slowly. The sight before me was as if Byunghun had forgotten that I was there; waiting for them to finish their endless exchanging of stories, and eating what we have ordered while letting them chat as much as they want. But on my part, I knew that Byunghun wasn't like that.


Myungsoo's POV

Our driver stopped in front of WooSung Galbi as I got out of the car. I thanked him before he drove to the parking lot. I looked up the sky and could tell that it's going to snow again. All of a sudden my encounter with ~~~~~ last night came back to my mind. It wasn't my intention to act like that in front of her. I just wanted to get my mind off her and get rid of her for a while. As childish as it may seemed, I won't involve myself in any love or relationships in the meantime. I'm tired and sick of girls leaving me without any reason. Not to mention, I'm tired of loving someone who I know won't love me back.

I pushed open the glass door of the restaurant as the delicious, mouth-watering aroma of various meals soared in the place, my nose taking in the smell. I was going to meet umma for lunch today for her and appa's 20th year anniversary. I was about to make my way to the next floor where my mother was when a familiar voice called out for me.

"L?" The voice was somehow raised and I presume that the source was just a few walks behind me. I stopped my tracks, turned my body and looked at the direction of it, my eyes diverting to a table with three people. Tiffany, a friend of mine, was standing up on the place and waving at me. I couldn't see who the two people were because Tiffany's figure was blocking them. I approached their table, both to greet her and know who the other two people were. With a small smile, I waved at Tiffany.

"L! I know you wouldn't forget me. It's nice to see you again!"

"How could I forget the one who saved my dog which was up on a tree for hours back when we were seven?" I replied and chuckled. She giggled and shook her head in amusement.

"Yah L.Joe, won't you greet our friend here? You're unbelievable." She said through gritted teeth as she pulled him up....It was really L.Joe.

The three of us knew each other back in our first year in highschool. The only difference was that Tiffany and I met when we were 7, for both our parents were great friends. When I was sent to America, I attended the same school Tiffany got to and found out about L.Joe. We hadn't gotten really close at that time. I didn't know why Tiffany was that eager to make L.Joe and I too close, though she knew that both of us actually liked the same girl...and it ended up that the girl liked him back. Tiffany knew how jealous I was. She knew how hurt I was. I couldn't just steal the girl away from him. That'd be an immature thing to do. In the end, I was able to let go of my feelings for the girl, and have her live her 'royal-like' life with L.Joe.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I spoke up almost immediately. "It's okay, Tiffany. We always see each other at school anyway." She looked at me with furrowed eyebrows but nodded then. She let go of L.Joe as she stood beside the person who just stood up from her seat....~~~~~?

"She seems like she's too preoccupied by her own thoughts so I had to drag her here with us. You both know each other as well, don't you?" Tiffany let out a giggle and held ~~~~~ by the shoulders as if they already have known each other for a long time. I nodded my head, avoiding to make an eye contact with ~~~~~. That'd just build a stony tension between us.

"I-I have to go now. Umma is in the second floor and I have to meet her up." I spoke up almost flatly, too eager to leave their presence. I couldn't take ~~~~~'s gaze at me any longer, and all I could do was just shrug it off. It was just as if....deep down inside her, she was cursing every bits of my soul, starting from the top of Kim Myungsoo being a horrible, insensitive jerk. What have I gotten myself into?



-------------

Uhm....hi there.

Right now, I feel like I'm a very bad author. I've been semi-procrastinating on writing this. Since I'm having a long, Christmas break, it can't be helped for me to get lazy-er.....huhu. Also, it's been hard for me to write bcs I couldn't get any happier and satisfied with the delivery of words so....yeah. Sorry for another yet boring chapter.


Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! Enjoy and make 2013 your year. Cheers~