Chapter 23

Clutter & Douchebag

"I'll live in Daegu and you will stay here in Seoul to pursue your college and work. I also wanted you to live by your own now." appa said with a gentle smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"  I asked in disbelief. Thoughts about living without him bothered me. Why would he want to leave all of a sudden?

"Well, I thought that I'm being a burden and your focus is only on me all the time. And I can also see that you have no time in making friends."

"But, appa, you're not a burden to me. I could multitask and--"

"That's the point; I don't want to tire you. Don't worry, I'll be absolutely fine in Daegu. You can visit there during holidays. ~~~~~-ah, I trust you. You're a lady now!"

"But I'm still in my senior year."

"Senior in highschool going on college is considered being a lady, ~~~~~-ah."

"I still don't like your idea of letting me live by myself." I crossed my arms.

Appa sighed and nodded. "Alright. I'll let you think at the time being." he patted my back. I slowly nodded and straightened myself as the doctor came towards us.

End of Flashback

 

I tossed on my bed and shot my eyes open. I looked at my clock and muttered,

"5:50AM. Might as well as take another nap." I snuggled under my covers and still shivered at how cold my room is. The temperature rose down compared to last night.

I glanced once again at the clock. 5:55AM. I have 20 minutes to prepare and I need to get starting now. I feel like going to school early; I don't know, but I think I really should.

 

I did my daily routines and head to the school. I was greeted by my teachers and of course, Jieun.

"Looks like someone is super happy today. What's up?" Jieun asked as she tug on my arm.

"Nothing much. I just feel like this is going to be a great day for me." I smiled and put my freezing hands in my pocket.

As we were walking, we heard discussions among a group of people, saying,

"Isn't that Lee Jieun? Why is she still talking to her?"

"So that's why Suzy broke their friendship. Suzy doesn't like the fact that Jieun's friends with ~~~~."

I glanced at Jieun who was just casually walking. I slightly frowned as her face fell. I squeezed her hand and mouthed a, "Don't mind them!" She smiled and both of us attended our class together.

-----

Your classes went by slowly but you tried your best to pay a lot of attention to the teachers.

You dragged yourself to your next class and was greeted by your close classmates. You greeted back and sat on your usual seat.

"Hopefully this class will be--" you mumbled but stopped as your teacher went inside the classroom. All of you bowed and settled down. Just then someone swung the door wide open. Myungsoo came into the scene, panting as he slightly bowed to the teacher for apology.

"It's okay, Myungsoo-yah. You just came on time." the teacher smiled at him. Myungsoo bowed again and sat down behind your chair. You took a quick glance at him and glued your eyes in front.

 

"So class, we will have another project. It's a group project and everyone must participate. I will pick the members, arasso?" the teacher explained and roamed around the room. All of your classmates groaned including you. *Another group project. If it's an individual work instead, it would be fine for me.*

"Since there are 4 students left, Choi ~~~~~, Byun Baekhyun, Ryu Hwayoung, and Kim Myungsoo for the last group." (2 idols as cameos~) the teacher said and motioned all of you to group yourselves. You stood up and sat beside Hwayoung with the rest. Myungsoo glanced at you while you were listening to the teacher.

*How can I thank her? Aish.* Myungsoo thought and went back to reality.

-----

"So Myungsoo-sshi, could you go to the store with ~~~~~ to buy stuffs for our project?" asked Baekhyun. My eyes widened at what he said. But what I liked is that he could speak to the kingka casually, without being frightened. Myungsoo shot a pokerface but then merely nodded.

"Here's the list, ~~~~-ah." Hwayoung handed me a paper which contains the stuffs we have to buy.

"Don't worry! We will just pay you after that." Baekhyun beamed and all of us gave our suggestions for this project.

 

It was dismissal and Jieun was already waiting for me in the school's garden. I rushed to her side and flashed a crooked smile.

"~~~~-ah, you ready?" she asked me while rubbing her hands because of the cold breeze.

"Jieun-ah, I'm sorry. I won't be able to walk home with you today. I have to go to the store with..........Myungsoo." I awkwardly rubbed my temples. Jieun's eyes widened and scanned my face.

"I thought you're not in good terms with him? Are you okay?"

I chuckled at her innocent face and shook my head. "I'm fine! I'm going to the store with him to buy stuffs for our so-called "project". I repeat, it's for our project."

"Ohh. I thought something's going on now between you two." she laughed but stopped when I playfully glared at her.

"I was just joking! Anyway, I'm going now. Take care, arasso? See you tomorrow!" she hugged me and skipped towards the gate. I waved goodbye to her and started looking for Myungsoo.

-----

Myungsoo and I were scanning the mall and were looking for gift wrappers.

Our project is to buy and wrap gifts; toys and other useful things for kids in the orphanage located at Busan. We were informed that we would be visiting that orphanage to celebrate Children's Day.

We both stopped at a gift store and looked for giftwraps.

"Ah, this is cute." I grabbed a roll of pink giftwrapper and let him scan it.

"This one's better." he handed me a gold one and continued on searching for stuffs.

"Do you think so? Here's a blue wrapper. The design is cuter than the pink and gold one."

"That's cool but I like the gold wrapper more."

"So, which one will we buy then?" I'm starting to get annoyed because he can't even decide which one he likes.

"The blue wrapper."

"Alright." I was about to go towards the counter when Myungsoo grabbed my wrist.

"Wait, buy the pink one. It's simple and the color is light. Or you could pick this yellow wrapper." he shoved the wrapper in front of my face. I groaned in frustration and grabbed the yellow wrapper.

"Chill, I was just suggesting." he calmly said but I can sense a teasing manner in his voice. I paid for the wrappers and went out of the store without calling Myungsoo. I would rather shop by myself than with someone who I'm not yet in a good relationship with.

 

Both of us will end up arguing because he won't accept my suggestion. Then in the end we would buy the first thing that we saw. I was already in the verge of kicking him and leaving him like a lost kid.

 

"Is this tape really necessary? We could just use stapler to clinch the wrapper." said the "genius" Myungsoo. I clenched my fist and glared at him.

"There are boxes, you idiot." I picked the tape and ribbons and went to the counter to pay for those.

"Says the one who kept on nagging." Myungsoo scoffed. I turned to look at him and handed him the stuffs.

"What's the connection with that, douchebag?" I crossed my arms and laughed as he struggled on keeping his posture despite the loads of stuff I handed him.

"Yah! Help me with these stuff so we could go home or we'll end up breaking these." he blurted and shot a glare at me. I glared back and took the light things from him.

"Nagging clutter." he muttered when he passed by me. I huffed at how annoying he is. I swear I wouldn't let him go with us in Busan. He will just start a commotion with me. Why on earth am I partnered up with him?

 


First of all, I'm so sorry this chapter is so damn delayed.

Second, I am very frustrated because my brain is not functioning well. You know, freaking writer's block.

Third, I'm back to school next week. So this week, I would be spending my time wrapping my books and notebooks.

What a life. ;________________; I hope you liked this chapter though. /bawls like a kid/

Don't worry, I won't give up on this story. It's just that I'm so depressed. I need to focus more on school.

Enough with my shameless message. Do comment, subscribe, suggest anything! :)