Chapter 14

Clutter & Douchebag

I quickly fixed my things while Jieun talking to me. I attended classes this week and at the same time, I would call the hospital where appa is staying to get some information about appa’s condition.

“~~~~~-ah, why are you in a rush?” Jieun asked me.

“Someone called me and told me that appa is now here! I have to visit him as soon as possible.” I replied.

At the moment, Jieun is the only one who knows what happened to appa. She stayed by my side and whenever I need some encouraging messages, she will be there. Thank God I met this girl.

“Jinjjah?! Do you want me to come with you?” her eyes grew wide and helped me fix my stuffs.

“Sure! Who says you can’t?” I chuckled and both of us walked out of the school.

 

I approached the front desk of Seoul Hospital and asked for the room number of appa. The nurse typed something in the computer and told me the room number. I thanked him and went to the elevator with Jieun.

We were holding hands and she gave me a light squeeze. She smiled and I smiled back.

 

I stood in front of appa’s room door. I heaved a deep sigh and twisted the doorknob open.

As soon as I got in, appa was sleeping peacefully. His upper head was bandaged and his right arm was protected by an arm sling. I softened and slowly went beside his bed.

 

I brushed his hair with my hand and stared at his features.

*I got his eyelashes. Long and shiny.* I chuckled.

Just then, the doctor who was in his early 30s on the other side of the bed spoke up.

“Fortunately, he survived. We had successfully operated his head. But there’s something more than this…” he stopped for a moment and scanned through his tests.

“The left part of his body is…paralyzed.” said the doctor sympathetically. I gasped and can feel a heavy burden on my chest. I also heard a faint gasp from Jieun. She’s worried too.

“B-but, he can still talk, right?” I asked him. He nodded and I exhaled the air I’ve been holding since a while ago after I got in.

 “I’m leaving now. Take care of your appa, arasso?” the doctor said and made his way to the door. Both Jieun and I bowed at him and turned to look at each other.

“Are you alright?” she lightly patted my back.

“Neh. As long as appa’s alive, I’m fine.” I replied with a slight but assuring smile.

 

It was 7 in the evening and Jieun stayed by my side for hours. Appa wasn’t awake yet so Jieun chatted with me.

Her phone rang and she quickly answered it.

“Neh, umma?” said Jieun. Her parents just came back home from their long travel. But Jieun, on the other hand, doesn’t like it a little. She liked being alone at home.

“Jieun-ah, where are you? It’s already dark and you might get into an accident—“ her mom said on the phone but Jieun cut her off.

“I’m here with ~~~~~ in the hospital.”

“Hospital? Why??”

“Chill, umma! ~~~~~’s appa is here. Her appa got into an accident back in Malaysia and they transferred him here in Korea. I just accompanied ~~~~~. There’s nothing to worry about me!” Jieun chuckled and reassured her mom. I smiled at Jieun and she smiled back.

“Oh, is that it? I’m sorry to hear that. Well, please come back now. Your appa is gonna be mad again. Hug ~~~~~ for me, arasso?”

“Arasso, umma. Annyeong!” Jieun giggled and hung up.

“I need to go now. Appa’s getting furious.” She chuckled.

“Arasso. I’ll just prepare and accompany you to the bus stop.” I replied and stood up from my seat but she stopped me.

“Kwaenchana! I can do it by myself. Just stay here.” I frowned a little and sat back down.

“Oh and yes, umma said I must hug you for her.” She said and gave me a bones crushing hug.

Jieun introduced me to her parents the first thing at the airport. Yes, she insisted me to go with her. Her parents are kind and gentle. Jieun is so lucky to have them both.

“Anyway, annyeong! Take care, alright? See you tomorrow!” she beamed and went out of the room. I chuckled and went beside appa’s bed.

 

Just then, his hand began to move. After a while, he fluttered his eyes open.

“A-a-appa. Appa? You’re awake!” my face lit up and I leaned closer to him. He looked around the room and then to me. He tried sitting up so I helped him straighten his body. He really can’t move his other part. I softened when I saw him wince.

“~~~~~-a-a-ah.” He stuttered and looked directly at my eyes.

“Appa.” I caressed his cheek. I can feel tears forming in my eyes. Just then, a big hot tear escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it away so appa won’t feel uneasy.

“Appa, you can talk, right?” I asked him while sitting on the chair beside his bed.

“Y-y-yes.” He simply said. He’s still stuttering and he sound like he’s just trying.

“It’s okay, appa. It’s okay if you can’t talk clearly right now.” I his hair and gave him a small smile.

 

All this night I was taking care of appa. I didn’t go home nor changed my clothes. There are no homeworks or projects though.

Although appa’s voice sounds shaky and soft, I can still understand him. At least he can speak, right?

 

It was almost 12 o’ clock midnight yet I’m still awake.

“~~~~~-ah, s-sleep n-n-now.” appa held my hands. I was resting my head on his bed and looked up at him.

“Arasso. But, how about you?” I replied. As if on cue, he slowly rested his head on his pillow and gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and told him goodnight. I went to get a blanket and pillows. I fixed the couch and snuggled under the covers.

“Good night, ~~~~~.” I whispered before a thick blanket of sleep covered my soul.

 

 


A/N: ~~~~~'s appa survived! /clap clap/ ^^*

And oh, do any of you know EXO? I'm so freaking in love with them. *o*

For my last message, I know that some of you miss Myungsoo in this fic. I promise to put him on the next chap. :) Sooo, do wait for it!