Chapter 43

Clutter & Douchebag

It was then that the afternoon was already blanketed by evening. Mrs. Kim had insisted on inviting me over for dinner, but I refused. Jieun did the same, but I refused as well, knowing that Mr. Lee...well, you know what would occur.

I plopped myself to my couch and heaved a sigh. I've decided to make a call to appa before showering and stuffing myself with dinner.

Appa picked the phone up in the second ring. "~~~~~-ah!" He beamed.

"Hello, appa." I said softly. Hell, I was tired to the maximum effect. I didn't expect this whole date with Jieun to be this tiring. Sometimes I think if Jieun even gets hella tired. After school, even walking from school to home isn't a matter to her at all. She literally won't mind doing it.

"You sound so worn out, oh?"

"I just went out with Jieun today and shopped. Nothing serious to worry about."

"Hm. Have you already eaten dinner?"

"Not yet. I will after this call. I'm just missing you so much..."

I was serious when I said that. Being alone in this house isn't a good thing at all. Being miles away from my dad is such a torture. I wanted so badly to see him again.

"I know. I miss you a lot, too. Don't worry! You'll see me again at your graduation day. Just wait for more days to pass, ne?"

I sighed. "Yes, appa."


After my call to my dad I headed for shower. I slipped in to my shorts and over-sized sweater after that and went down to the kitchen to cook dinner for myself.

I went to the living room to check on my phone but not long after I've moved that I've heard a faint noise in the kitchen. Feeling a bit strange and curious, I slowly spun around and tip-toed towards the kitchen. I rather shakily grabbed a broom, just in case a thief had broken inside and tried to hurt me.

I stopped my tracks behind a wall that separates the kitchen and the living room, my breath hitching when I heard footsteps. It was getting nearer and I couldn't help but get afraid at thought that this might indeed be a robber!

I shut my eyes closed when the figure suddenly appeared before me. I squished myself behind a divider as my grip on the broom had tightened. I silently prayed that this mysterious creature wouldn't hurt me.


A low chuckle emitted from the creature's mouth. God I swear my heart just stopped functioning.

"Please don't hurt me! You can take anything inside the house but please, don't kill me!"

My eyes were still shut and I was practically waving the broom as if I was a little kid attempting to hit the hanging piñata while blindfolded. Heck, I was so scared that all I did was wave the broom and whimper.

"Jagi-ya! Chill down! It's me, L.joe!"

I opened my eyes and scanned the figure that was standing in front of me. It was indeed Byunghun.

"What are you doing in there? And you're holding a broom. Were you sweeping the floor? Legend has it that sweeping the floor at night is a bad luck, right?" He pulled me out of the divider and looked at me from head to toe. I heaved a deep sigh of relief before coming back to my senses.

"You scared me to bits! You should've told me that you're coming over! Or better yet, you could've entered through the front door! What's with you coming from the backyard? For pete's sake, Lee Byunghun." I said without any pause, hitting him with the broom I was still gripping on to. L.Joe had this adorable pouting face while stopping me from hitting him. Oh God he's so squishy!

"Well, I'm sorry! Can you please stop hitting me so I can explain?" I didn't listen to him as I continued what I was doing. This ball of cuteness and...whatever, needs a punishment.

Without a warning, he dodged my hit and carried me onto his back. I dropped the broom and sighed, knowing that I've totally lost. L.Joe put me down on the couch as he sat down beside me.

"Look. I just finished the meeting with appa and some of his business partners. He told me to go home already but, I tricked my driver. I made him stop by the convenience store near your house because I told him that I will purchase something. When he wasn't looking, I took the opportunity to run away but unluckily, he saw me. He was following me but he also kind of lost me. I sneaked at your backyard instead of going to the front door just in case he will pass by here. He might catch me, you know...Heh."

I blinked at him, and he blinked back. I suddenly felt touched by the fact that he still wanted to see and meet me, even if it would mean trouble. But at the same time, he shouldn't have troubled his driver. The driver might get fired or something if Mr. Lee would know about this, and might get blamed for letting L.Joe see me. We could meet each other in some other time. I know that he's tired and he just indeed finished the meeting, judging from his outfit. He's still in his black tuxedo but his hair was in a bit mess, supposing that it's from his running voyage.

L.Joe broke into a grin as he ruffled my hair. "I'm sorry for creeping in. I brought dinner!" He pointed at the lunch boxes on the coffee table as I smiled, completely losing my train of thoughts.

"Umma prepared it. I told her about me going here and she prepared dinner that is good for two. She said that you should eat more and get fatter." He laughed at his own remark as he sat down on the carpet to prepare the lunch boxes. I rolled my eyes.

"Do tell her that I'm really grateful. I will eat well!" I exclaimed and sat down beside him. I wasn't looking at the food that was before me but instead, I was staring at Byunghun.

How could this guy be so thoughtful and loving?

How could he continue to love me if what his dad wants is for him not to?

I don't want him to be in this state anymore. I'm...just not the right one for him.

Are we better off each other?


After dinner, both of us chatted for a good 1 and a half hour. It was great and comfortable. It was like we haven't talked to each other for years. I'm just so glad that his presence is here. I couldn't ask for more.

"Ah. You've went out with Jieun this afternoon, right?" L.Joe said after a moment of silence between us. I nodded.

"What did you two do?"

"We watched a movie, then we shopped."

"For?"

"Why are you asking"

"Because I'm curious and as your boyfriend and a brother to your best friend, I have the right to know!"

I rolled my eyes at his overreaction and smirked, a sudden idea popping in my head.

"Well, you know; we shopped for lingeries."

"W-What?"

"Lingeries. Ah, don't you know? We're going out later at midnight."

"Yah. Where are you two going? Lingeries? What are that for??"

I bit my tongue to stifle my laughter. He's so gullible!

"We were invited to her friend's party in a nightclub. We're just going to have some fun...wearing the lingeries."

"WHAT?!"

That was when I laughed my head off. He was so surprised that his eyeballs could already jump out of its sockets. Oh sigh pie.

"Yah." He pinched both of my cheeks until they were swollen red. On the other hand, I was still laughing at his reaction.

"Fine, fine. I'm just kidding, oppa!"

L.Joe huffed and flicked my forehead. "You better be. I'd cut myself if I ever catch you cheating. You do know that my love for you isn't a joke. My love for you grows every day, and will continue to." his voice trailed off as he stared at me...lovingly. I didn't know what my reaction should be. Was I supposed to gag because of the cheesy words that I've just received?

"Cheesy." I muttered under my breath and lightly hit his arm. I let out a chuckle and added, "I won't cheat on you, Lee Byunghun. But if ever I would please don't cut yourself."

"You already said that you won't cheat but you also said that if you would? I don't get you." He frowned and I laughed, messing his hair.

"But seriously, though; I won't cheat on you." I said with a smile. He smiled back and held my hands to his.

"I know you won't." he stared at me, and I stared back. Before I knew it he leaned closer and my eyes automatically shut closed, feeling the close proximity of our faces. In one swift move, he tilted his head and landed his lips to my ear lobe as he whispered,

"Be my date for the prom."

He finally said those words. How happy was I that he did. There wasn't a pointless way that I was going to reject it.

"Of course, I will, oppa." I gently pushed him away from me as my lips curved into a smile. He grinned and asked, "Why did you close your eyes there? Thought I was going to kiss you?"

My eyes widened and I swear my face just flushed pink in realization. Byunghun laughed as he pinched my cheeks. "So cute!"

"I- nothing! M-My eyes were just t-tired...yeah, tired!" I bit my lip, hoping that he would buy it. He was still laughing his off, probably at my reaction. Goodness.

"Hey. Stop laughing! You'll see. I will ignore-" I was cut off when he leaned in back to peck my lips. Great. My face is now totally tomato red.

Kissing isn't bad. He's my boyfriend, and I'm his girlfriend, so there isn't any malice in that. Kissing is just a sign that we truly love each other. I just don't know why I go flustered when L.Joe kisses me. Not that I feel uncomfortable...I'm just not used to it.