Chapter 7

Clutter & Douchebag

Today’s Saturday. Time flies so fast. Appa and I woke up early. I helped him put his luggage inside the bunk of the cab. My face was dark and gloomy. I’m not yet in the verge of crying. I was just feeling lonely. After all me and appa spent together, it won’t happen again in the next months.

 

We were sitting on the bench inside the airport. He was waiting for his boss and his other office mates. After 30 minutes of waiting, they arrived. Appa approached them and I followed him from behind.

“Mr. Choi, let’s go now, shall we?” his boss patted his shoulders. What? That fast? Appa turned to look at me and held my shoulders.

“I’ll be back, arasso? Study well and don’t spend too much money!” he chuckled. I smiled weakly and nodded.

“Aww, be a good lady, ~~~~~-ah. I promise that I will return.” He caressed my cheek. My sight is getting blurry because of tears threatening to fall. I then buried my face on his chest and hugged him tightly. My tears kept on streaming down. I sobbed and appa hugged me back. I pulled away, and let go of him. We waved goodbye until he was out of sight. The last word I heard from him was “goodbye.”

 

While I’m on my way home, I can’t help but sob. My eyes are already swollen. How am I going to cheer myself up?

I’m just sitting on the couch, staring at space. I wasn’t thinking about something. It’s like my mind was blocked. It won’t function well.

 

I took a short shower and decided to go out and buy ice cream.

*Ice creams can cheer me up.* I thought.

I went inside my favourite shop and a lady greeted me with a glee.

“~~~~~-ah! It’s been a long time you came here. How are you?”

“Ahjumma! Yeah, I missed this place that’s why I came. I’m doing fine. By the way, can I order vanilla ice cream?” I replied with a smile. She nodded and scooped the ice cream. I gladly took it and pay for it.

 

I sat down at my favourite place near the window. Every weekend I will stay here for 2 hours and help the employees to serve. All of us got close and they already treat me as their daily customer and daughter.

 

I was playing with my phone when someone slammed the table. I jumped in shock and when I looked at the person, my blood started to simmer.

“Hey Choi ~~~~~. Forever alone?” L smirked and glared at me.

“I am not. And, what are you doing here? Why the hell did you slam the table?” I gave him my infamous death glare.

“Am I not welcomed here? Why did I slam the table? I was too lazy to call your attention by mentioning your filthy name.” he smirked more. Now my blood is boiling.

“Then, why did you mention my name earlier?” I talked back.

“And, why do you need to call my attention? We’re not even close. What are you, an attention seeker?” I added and smirked.

“And of course, you are welcomed here. REALLY welcomed.” I said sarcastically, not even letting him talk. My smirk got even bigger when I saw his reaction. Priceless.

“What? You’re speechless? Good, now you realize douchebag.” I got up and left him standing there, dumbfounded.

*Finally got my revenge.*