Chapter 21

Clutter & Douchebag

I was nearly dozing off at class while watching a video of people being hung by their head whenever someone will catch them gambling, killing, having outside of marriage, and any other kinds of immoral doings. I gently slapped my cheek to stop myself from falling asleep again and rested my head on my desk.

I closed my eyes for a while. Maybe this will be effective. I counted from milliseconds, seconds, minutes.....

"Yah! Do you want to go for another detention?" Jieun kicked my chair and half-yelled and half-whispered at me. I jumped in shock and blinked at her. I stretched a little and glued my eyes on the video, without even understanding what it's saying word by word.

 

The school's bell rang in the middle of the video and I sang triumphantly in my head. Jieun waited for me to fix my stuffs before we head to the cafeteria.

Jieun and I seperated after lunch. I went to my locker to get my jogging pants, shirt, and rubber shoes for physical education. I changed my uniform in the comfort room and went to the covered playing field of the school to attend my new class.

 

I was humming a song when a group of girls strut and passed by me. Suzy bore a hole with her glaring eyes at me and head to the playing field. I really don't know what I did to her to make her look at me like that. As far as I can remember, L already broke up with her. Is she still mad?

I went inside the playing field and found other students warming up. My eyes then stopped at a familiar figure. We met eyes for a couple of seconds and scoffed in chorus. I already forgot I have the same class as L today. Screw it.

 

 

I was kicking rocks in the field when I felt someone wrapping their arm around my shoulder. I widened my eyes in shock and got away from their grip.

"Whoa whoa whoa, chill there, ~~~~~-ah! It's just us!" Sunggyu waved his hands in front. I sighed in relief and lightly patted my chest. I greeted the other Infinite members, excluding L who was busy warming up. How could I forget that they're also here?

"Come on, our teacher is here!" Sungjong and Sungyeol said in unison and grabbed me by the hand.

 

 

"Okay students, today we are going to do something different; different game and better than the other game we held last time. Do you know what it is?" said our teacher while walking around us. Woohyun, who is fond of playing with a ball, raised his hand and said,

"Basketball!" he beamed. I chuckled at his somehow high-pitched voice today.

"No, it's not basketball. It also requires a ball but there are other 2 things needed." our teacher tapped his chin. The students tried guessing it but they couldn't. While I was thinking about those 2 things, I heard L muttered, "It's baseball."

I looked at him but he just shrugged. I was about to raise my hand when Suzy interrupted

"Mr. Kang, I think it's baseball!" she grinned and flipped her hair triumphantly.

"Yes, baseball it is. Let's start now then!" Mr. Kang grabbed the baseball, bat, and baseball glove while we settled ourselves.

 

"For the first round, I want Bae Sooji to be the batter; Jang Dongwoo, you'd be the pitcher." Mr. Kang ordered. They both went to their respective places and readied for the round.

-----

Silence overtook the atmosphere and Suzy looks so confident. Dongwoo rubbed the game ball with a baseball rubbing mud to keep the ball firm on his hand.

Dongwoo raised his leg and readied for his throw.

His arm snapped downward and the baseball flew straightly, coming on Suzy's way. Suzy tightened her grip on the bat, following a release of air from and swung the bat. Unfortunately, the bat didn't hit the ball. The catcher threw the ball back to Dongwoo. Suzy groaned and swept the bangs away from her face.

"It's okay! Go Suzy!"

"My Suzy is the best!" the boys cheered for her. You gawked at them and scoffed at Suzy's flirtatious wink.

 

Suzy also wasn't able to hit the ball in the second pitch. For the last pitch, Suzy was fuming inside but kept a grin just to melt the guys' hearts.

"She's so flirty." Sungjong mumbled to you. You gently squeezed his shoulder to calm him down.

Dongwoo swung his arm and threw the ball as hard as he can. Suzy's blood was boiling but then....

"YES!" she squealed when she hit the ball. She dropped the bat and started reaching for the first base, and then towards the second. The other players are running for the ball and when someone finally caught it, he threw it towards the third fielder. Suzy was halfway the third base but unluckily, she got tagged out.

*.* Suzy frustratingly cursed and gritted her teeth.

"Bae Sooji; tagged out!" Mr. Kang signalled her to get out of the base. Suzy's girl friends approached her and wiped the dust away from her outfit.

 

 

The game went by smoothly and tension filled the players' bodies. All of them were sweating although it's already winter. You were also waiting for your turn to play.

"Choi ~~~~~, you'll be the batter!" Mr. Kang yelled from the umpire's place. You startled a little because thoughts are invading your head. You went to the batter's position and grabbed the bat.

"Kim Myungsoo will be the catcher." ordered Mr. Kang. Myungsoo wore the vest and mitt provided and then head to his position.

 

 

*This is a lot of more pressure than I thought.* you tightened your grip on the bat and pursed your lips.

Hoya tilted his body sharply and made a rotating motion with his arm, making the ball fly towards you. You widened your eyes at how fast it is and even forgot to swing the bat. Myungsoo caught it on his hand and returned it to Hoya. You glanced once at Myungsoo and saw him smirk.

*Bastard. How arrogant can you still get? I'll really hit you with this bat.* you thought angrily.

You firmly held the bat and focused on Hoya. Then all of a sudden, a guy made you lose your focus. Your heart skipped a beat when he smiled.

"Hwaiting!" Byunghun mouthed. You grinned at him and mouthed a "thanks".

 

"CHOI ~~~~~, HIT.THE.BALL!!!!" Mr. Kang screamed which made you cringe and turn back to Hoya, who already threw the ball. You weakly squealed and swung the bat but dreadfully, you weren't able to hit the ball instead.......

.....

.....

.....

You hit Myungsoo's face.

You dropped the bat and gasped in shock. Myungsoo was lying on the mound and was touching his face. The students gathered around him and glared at you.

He sat up, still covering his face and when he removed it, his nose was bleeding. No words came out from your mouth and you felt sympathy inside you.

"What are you waiting for, ~~~~~? Take him to the clinic!" Mr. Kang ordered you. You hesitated and decided not to refuse anymore because Myungsoo's condition might get worse. You gently help him stand up and made your way to the school's clinic with him.

-----

"I'm sorry but I got some important errands to do right now." the nurse told me while fixing her stuff.

"B-but, his condition is getting worse!" I said, keeping my voice low and not letting L think that I'm worried, which in reality is true.

"I'm really sorry but another nurse should be here by now; just wait patiently for her." she head out and left me disappointed.

"Aish! What am I supposed to do with him?" I muttered under my breath. I looked at L who was still wiping his nose with his bare hand.

I then got my tissue box kept inside my backpack. I approached Myungsoo and bent down to wipe the blood.

-----

L's POV

The nurse left and I can see ~~~~ getting frustrated. I was wiping the blood coming out, not caring at how my hands are already covered with it.

Just then, ~~~~~ approached me and wiped my nose. I was kind of taken aback at her action. I froze on my seat and just stared at her and her features.

I didn't know that she looks damn cute and different when she has this blank expression on her face; at the same time, she looks sincere.

She finished wiping it and hand me the tissue box.

"I-I-I....need to get something. I'll b-be back." she stammered and ran away as if her crush just confessed to her. I glance down the tissue box and a smile crawled on my face.