Chapter 13

Clutter & Douchebag

“What are you doing here?” L hissed. Tch, am I not welcomed to eat here? What, does he own this shop?

I was about to reply when an ahjumma with a tray of ramyun went beside him.

“Myungsoo-yah, don’t start a commotion here. Come, here’s your ramyun!” she half-yelled and half-whispered.

“It’s okay, ahjumma. I’m not hungry anymore. Just pack it for me.” L replied without getting his eyes off me.

Myungsoo-yah? Ahjumma? They are related to each other?

“Yes, we are related to each other. So I can do whatever I want.” L answered as if he read my mind and took a step forward.

“How could you say that you could do whatever you want? You’re just related to the owner of this shop. But it doesn’t mean you already CAN do whatever you want.” I crossed my arms and talked back. I like this kind of bickering. Talking back to him, I feel good.

“Well—“he was cut off by his ahjumma. Oh yes, he was blocked.

“Myungsoo, here’s your ramyun.” His ahjumma handed him a fully designed and neat lunch box. I chuckled at the sight of the two. It’s like a mother and son scene here.

“Oh, look at that. Hello, pretty lady!” His ahjumma greeted me gracefully.

“Mwoh?! Pretty?!? Her?! Hell no.” L gritted his teeth. His ahjumma hit the back of his head and turned to look back at me.

“Annyeong haseyo, ahjumma!” I greeted her and bowed.

“See, Myungsoo-yah? She’s pretty and kind-hearted too! Not like your current girlfriend. She’s only pretty but her personality is a no-no.” the woman whispered the last part yet I heard a little portion of it.

“So, what’s your name?” she asked me.

“I’m Choi ~~~~~.” I replied with a sweet smile.

“Ahh, you look good with my nephew!” she pushed L beside me and clasped her hands. I furrowed my eyebrows and nervously laughed.

“A-ahjumma, no. We’re just..….classmates.” I told her and waved my hand in front.

“Yes! Classmates! Ahjumma, don’t you have customers to take care of?” L said while avoiding my gaze.

“Aww, is that it? Too bad. But honestly, you two will make a good couple! I can’t wait to hear the news that you two will—“

“Arasso, ahjumma!! Annyeong!” L pushed her lightly to the kitchen while she waved at me before going in. I waved back and sneered at L after she was out of sight.

“Pretty and kind-hearted, my .” L mumbled.

“Good couple, my foot.” I mumbled back as I sit back on my chair.

 

I paid for the food and made my way home. The things that happened earlier keep on repeating in my head. I felt mixed emotions, too. I felt envious of L and his ahjumma’s mother-and-son joking. I felt triumphant when I bravely talked back to L. I somehow felt a part of me light up when I saw him….no no no no, wrong. When I heard ahjumma’s compliment, I felt pleased. And when she said that L and I will make a good couple, I kind of felt…surreal. For me, L looks handsome and good looking but his personality just ruins it.

 

Appa’s condition entered my poor mind again. I flinched at the thought of him going through an operation. I really hope he will be fine.

Appa promised me that he’ll return. He never breaks any promises. I know he will survive. He’ll surely do. Nothing’s impossible. I can feel it.

 

L’s POV

I walked back home and decided not to go to our own dorm.

The maids greeted me and I made my way to my room.

I took a quick shower and plopped myself onto the bed. I kept on flipping and staring at space. My mind is full of thoughts and I feel like not standing up for the whole day.

 

A small smile crept on my face when I remembered ahjumma’s compliment to ~~~~~. Honestly, I secretly stared at ~~~~~ earlier. She does look beautiful. And that’s the first time I saw her soft side. But when ahjumma compared her to Suzy, I kind of agree to it. Suzy may look gorgeous and hot on the outside but, inside? Trash. I don’t know why I even agreed on being her boyfriend. Does it mean that I’m stupid when it comes to love? I mean, am I stupid for getting Suzy as my girl just because of her looks?

I’m not being mean. I’m just telling the truth. S-should…….I break up with her?