Chapter 12

Clutter & Douchebag

My back ached when I tried to stand up.

Last night, I fell asleep on the cold floor in front of the main door. Maybe because of too much crying I forgot to sleep in my own bedroom.

I looked myself at the mirror. My eyes are slightly red and my face looks swollen. I remembered how much tears I’ve released yesterday. I decided to not go to school today. I feel tired and sick because of that tremendous news.

 

I also don’t know what to do. How am I supposed to visit appa? Where can I see him? How is he doing right now? Is he going into a surgery or something? My lips started to tremble again. Tears are threatening to fall. To stop it, I bit my lip and took a deep breath.

 

After sometime, my phone rang. I answered it and my voice started shaking.

“H-hello?”

“Hello. This is one of Mr. Choi’s nurse in Malaysia general hospital. You are Ms. Choi ~~~~~, Mr. Choi’s daughter, right?” the person spoke.

“Yes. Yes I am. How is my dad?” I asked.

“He’s going into an operation due to an impact on his head.”

“Wait, I’m getting confused. Why is it too serious? What exactly happened at the accident?” I half yelled. I’m already getting confused. Did a huge truck run on his body? Did he bump his head on a cement rock?

“It was midnight when the accident happened. The driver, who was said to be positive to an illegal drug taking, lost his focus while driving. The car then slipped and…..fell into a deep cliff.” She explained. That is so unbelievable. That is so cruel.

“T-then how am I supposed to see my dad?”

“We’re going to transfer him to Seoul Hospital. We still don’t know the exact date but please wait patiently.”

“O-okay. Are there any more notices?”

“None at this moment. We will call you once again and tell you about your dad’s condition soon. That’s all, thank you and take care. Bye.”

“B-bye.” And then the call ended. I rubbed my face, enduring the pain I’m feeling in my heart right now.

Why should appa go through this kind of… tragedy?

 

-MEANWHILE AT SEOUL UNIVERSITY-

*Where is ~~~~~?* Jieun thought worriedly. She was tapping your table. She was waiting for you to come in class. She needs you because she thought that the other queenkas seems to dislike her now.

 

After 15 minutes of waiting, you still haven’t arrived. She gave up and went to her own class. She tried calling you but you cannot be reached.

 

“Hey Chanyeol-ah, did ~~~~~ attended your class a while ago?” Sungjong asked your classmate in Biology. They were in the same class right now, which is your class as well.

“Aniya, she was absent. I don’t know why?” Chanyeol replied. Sungjong just nodded and mouthed an ‘alright’.

 

*~~~~~~ didn’t go to school today. She must have died because of too much spazzing yesterday at the stadium.* L thought and smirked. The Infinite guys are having their picnic at the school’s garden. Their hideout has been closed and they don’t want to eat at the cafeteria.

“Hyungs, ~~~~~ didn’t go to school today. You’re supposed to talk to her, right?” Sungjong asked all of them.

“Oh, jinjjah? Yes, we’re supposed to meet her. Aigoo, I miss that kid.” Woohyun pouted.

“I’ll just cuddle with my yeobo here while waiting for her to come back.” He added while scooting closer to Sunggyu.

“Y-yah! Shut up. You’re disgusting.” Sunggyu shoved him away. Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu’s phone and stuck his tongue out.

“Hmm, I wonder what’s the name of the lucky girl that hyung is texting.” Woohyun teased and started searching in Sunggyu’s phone.

“YAH! Give it back!” Sunggyu yelled. Woohyun started running and Sunggyu chased him. Girls who are watching their ‘sweet’ chasing squealed in delight.

 

 

I went out of the house to get myself food. I’m starving and I don’t have food at home. I’m still a little bit worried about appa. I pray his operation will be a success.

 

I went inside a ramyun shop just a few blocks away from home. Just as I open the glass door, the aroma of ramyun and other food went inside my nose. My stomach growled and I quickly went to order. It’s like I haven’t eaten in my entire life. I didn’t eat my breakfast because thoughts keep on trailing inside my head. My thoughts are cut off when the food I ordered came. The waiter placed it in front of me and I thanked him and started digging in.

 

AUTHORs POV

The Infinite boys were on their way to your house. They decided to visit you after school.

“House number 12—ah, there it is!” Sunggyu said and pointed to a house.

All of them stood in front of the gate and rang the bell. L, who was behind his hyungs, slowly stepped back planning to escape from them. He doesn’t want to see you but all of them insisted him. He was about to run when Hoya grabbed him.

“Yah yah yah, don’t you dare get away.” Hoya glared at him and put him into a headlock.

“Aish! Alright, stop it!” L pulled away and fixed his uniform and hair.

 

Sunggyu rang the bell repeatedly but still, no answer.

“She’s not going to open it. We’re standing here for almost 10 minutes.” said L, getting impatient.

“Just be patient, arasso?” Woohyun told him as he point to L with his forefinger.

 

“AISH! That’s it! I’m going home.” L sheepishly ruffled his hair and stood up angrily from the bench in front of your house. They were waiting for almost 20 minutes. Woohyun and Dongwoo stopped him from running away but too late, L disappeared in a blink of an eye. Hoya tried to chase L but Sungjong stopped him.

“Hyung, just leave him alone. He doesn’t care about ~~~~~ anyway.” said Sungjong. Sunggyu nodded in agreement.

“Let’s go home. Maybe she’s not here. Let’s just pray that she’s doing fine, arasso?” Sunggyu told them. They nodded and head back to their place.

END OF POV

 

L’s POV

To be honest, I really didn’t go home. I want to have fun and make myself busy rather than lying on my bed all day.

I started to feel hungry so I went to my favourite shop.

 

I opened the glass door of the shop and I was greeted by my ahjumma, my mother’s sister.

“Annyeong, Myungsoo-yah!” she beamed.

“Annyeong haseyo, ahjumma. I’m starving. I want the best and most delicious ramyun in the menu please.” I told her politely with a smile.

“Arasso, anything for my favourite and handsome nephew!” she clasped her hands as she went inside the kitchen.

 

I sat on my favourite place in the shop. I like being isolated from the people.

I scanned the whole shop and remembered umma. She’s the one who designed the interior of the shop with the help of ahjumma. My eyes stopped at some familiar figure. The person has long and wavy hair as she was greedily eating. I chuckled at her. What a pig. It’s like she has never eaten in her entire life.

 

Suddenly, the person turned around to pick something. Her hair covered her face but then, she brushed it away. Just as she stood up, I met eyes with her.

 

My eyes widened at the sight of the girl I was looking at. I tried to say something but my jaw stopped me from doing it.

 

The person was Choi ~~~~~. Half of my body wants to get her out of my sight but the other part was stuck on the floor.

I don’t know but I actually felt…..relieved and happy when I saw her. Relieved because she looks okay and unharmed. Happy because….AISH! You hate her, right? I thought you’re not worried about her?