Chapter 29

Clutter & Douchebag

I slowly put her down the sofa in the living room. I ran towards the light switch and turned the lights on.

I looked at ~~~~~ with agape. She was looking around with such astonishment.

"Why are you living in the dorm instead of living here with your mom?" she asked, still looking at everything around.

"Well, she told me so. She wanted me to learn how to take care of myself before stepping into college." I answered and she finally looked at me.

"My appa's the same. He's leaving the house soon so I'll be living by myself from then on. Speaking of dad, where is your father?" she asked again. She is so fond of knowing new things about people.

"He's in the US to pursue his job as a head chef. I don't know when he'll be back though."

"Aren't you missing him?" she asked me like a 5-year old kid. I chuckled and said, "Of course I'm missing him."

She nodded and pointed to the picture frames displayed on the shelf. "Can I take a closer look there?"

I nodded and carried her once again. I let her look at the photos and I could sense that she's smiling.

"You were so cute when you were still young." she giggled and I could feel my cheeks turning light pink. I smiled.

"But what happened? You got hideous and unlovely." she snorted as I tempted to drop her. She squealed as her grip on me got tighter to the extent that she's going to choke me.

"Please don't!" she shrieked. She hugged me even tighter that made my heart bounce.

"Say nicer things or else, I'm gonna make your condition worse." I joked. I'm just playing around with her so I'll see a different side of her. How she acts shy in front of other people, I thought I just wanted to see another outlook of her.

"Okay, okay! I will!" she nodded non-stop as I laughed. I then brought her to the other parts of the house.

 

We got outside and I brought her to the garden. "This is my favorite place." I said while roaming around. She's probably beyond amazed right now.

I put her down on the bench swing as I sat down beside her.

"Honestly speaking, I also love gardens. The sight of nature just relaxes me." she sighed in content.

"If I would have a family, I'd buy a house just as big as this. Maybe, one-fourth of it would be my garden and yard." she added and smiled. I smiled as well and somehow, I hope I could give her what she wants.

-----

"If I would have a family, I'd buy a house just as big as this. Maybe, one-fourth of it would be my garden and yard." I told him. I somehow could imagine Byunghun and I having our own family. I may not be with him forever...or maybe, I may. Nobody knows what the future will be like.

I swung the bench and when I looked at Myungsoo, he's already asleep. For a moment, I thought he looks cute when sleeping. I think it was almost 3 in the morning. He must've been really exhausted. We can't sleep out here because it's freezing cold, so then I woke him up.

He carried me on his back and went to his room. He laid me on his bed as I wrapped the blanket around my body.

I watched him fix the blankets and pillows on the floor and as soon as he laid down, I spoke up, "Are you sure that you're fine sleeping there?"

He looked at me and said, "Yes. Wae?"

"Nothing. Myungsoo-- I mean, L, thank you for saving my life." I smiled as he smiled back.

"No problem. And stop calling me L, call me Myungsoo from now on."

"Okay, Myungsoo. Good night."

"Good night." he replied before he closes his eyes. I smiled to myself and closed my eyes as well. After a minute a deep blanket of sleep covered my soul.

 

I opened my eyes and my face suddenly scrunched up when I moved a bit. It's as if hundreds of needles are pricked all over my body.

I looked at the wall clock. 10:00 AM. I looked down to find a clean floor instead of Myungsoo's figure. He must've gone to school.

I tried standing up and my ankle feels much better, though it still stings me. I carefully walked towards the window and opened the curtain. I squinted my eyes as the sunlight shone on me and all over the room. Then there was a knock on the door. It opened up and revealed a young woman in her gray and white dress.

"Good morning, Ms. ~~~~~! Sir Myungsoo have gone to school and he'll be back in 4 hours time. He said that you have to stay here and are not allowed to go home yet. He'll be the one to fetch you home." she said in suit and smiled. I just stood there motionless and nodded in understanding.

"Are you hungry?" she asked.

"Uhm, yes." I akwardly answered.

"Breakfast is ready and Sir's mother wishes to eat with you. Would you like to, miss?" Wow. Now I'll be awkward as ever.

"Sure! I'll just fix myself for a minute." I said in delight.

"Alright. Take your time and I'll be back to accompany you." she said before going out again. I pursed my lips and went to the bathroom to wash myself.

 

The maid accompanied me to the dining area and the others delightly greeted me. I ain't a princess but they treat me like it. Myungsoo is so lucky to have this kind of life.

I was greeted by an admirable woman, wearing a simple dress but a bare face as I bowed respectfully. She looks naturally beautiful and graceful. Is she a queen?

"Good morning, Mrs. Kim!"

"Ah, good morning ~~~~~! Come, we've got a lot of things to chat about." she gently take hold of my hand and led me to the table. I sat down on the chair across hers as I get a long glimpse of the meals on the table.

"Go and get something to eat. Don't be shy because from now on, we're friends." Mrs. Kim smiled. I smiled back. She is really different from Myungsoo, apart from her features. Myungsoo got her eyes and smile but he is not as friendly as his mother.

 

We were in the garden and she was watering the flowers around. I watched her from the bench swing when she spoke up,

"You know, the person who did that to you--torture and agonize you-- was the person that I've trusted for a long instance." I looked at her questioningly.

"Bae Suzy? Trust in which?" I questioned. She sat down beside me and sighed.

"When Myungsoo first brought her here, it felt like something is lacking in her, but my impression was fine. She's rich and her grades are good. I've known everything about her and her family background. When I thought that she seems favorable for Myungsoo, I welcomed her to the family. I asked her to make Myungsoo feel loved and valued but when I knew that she cheated on my son, I was beyond disappointed. She is one horrible peasant and hypocrite." she ended. It made me feel dismayed, for some reason. I know that Suzy will change her heart for the good of herself and other people. She will.

 

Mrs. Kim brought me to the kitchen, where there are some busy maids baking cupcakes and cookies.

"Why are they baking? Are there guests of yours coming over?" I asked and took a look at the counters. Mrs. Kim shook her head and said, "No, honey. It's for Myungsoo. It's your finals next week, isn't it? He needs motivation for that." she smiled. I slowly nodded in understanding. Now that I've been reminded of it, today's a Wednesday. There are a lot of days for me to recover and by that I can take the finals.

I snapped up in reality when Mrs. Kim called me, "~~~~~-ah, I asked, do you want to learn how to bake? Just try baking these simple cookies." she showed me tray of cookies with various designs. Without hesitation, I accepted.

It wasn't hard as I thought it would be. I gently mixed the ingredients and perfectly heated it in the oven.

"You're such a fast learner! You sure are going to be one of the honor students." she patted my shoulder as I gladly thanked her.

"Why don't you bake for Myungsoo too?" she asked. I was taken aback at that but then after some thinking, I agreed.

I carefully put sprinkles and other designs on the cookies before putting it on the oven. After some minute, I took the tray of cookies out and put it on the counter. I looked at them, satisfied with my work. Mrs. Kim approached me and patted my back.

"Myungsoo's father is a chef as well. He was the one who taught me that. I'm glad that I also teach well." I listened intently to her as I nodded in understanding. His dad must be kind. I then arranged the cookies in a box that I personally picked and put a small letter in it.

-----

After school, I told the other Infinite members about the incident that happened to ~~~~~. Suzy, as expected, didn't attend school. This incident will be known by the school's president and principal eventually.

I went to the room where the event happened. I found ~~~~~'s phone and a broken spectacles. It's badly crushed and I knew it was ~~~~~'s. I took her phone with me and head home.

Once I opened the front door of the house, I heard umma's laughter echoing in the living room. ~~~~~ and her must be chatting right now.

I went to the living room and found them. They noticed me as umma stood up. "You're home!"

She dragged me to the sofa and let me sit down beside ~~~~~. She clasped her hands and looked at both of us. I glanced at ~~~~~ who just rubbed the back of her neck.

"You two are really compatible, I must say." umma giggled. My eyes widened as I shook my head.

"M-Mrs. Kim, you k-know...aigoo." ~~~~~ said but it came as a whisper. I know what she is trying to say.

"Oh don't worry. I won't force you."

"U-umma, she already has a boyfriend." I awkwardly said. I didn't look at ~~~~~ but I know she was shocked. Umma cooed and made an "Ooh." sound.

"Oh is that it? Too bad, but it's fine though. I don't have the right to probe on her life, do I?" umma said as I nodded.

"By the way, I'm going to work and Myungsoo-yah, take care of her, neh? ~~~~~-ah, don't forget!" umma grinned and took her bag on the table. She head to the door and waved goodbye at us before going out. What does she meant by '~~~~~-ah, don't forget!' though?

Just as soon as the door slides closed, ~~~~~ grabbed my arm.

"Y-you know that I....." she stammered. I was taken aback but when I realized what she's trying to say, I answered,

"T-the event at Busan; I saw you and Ljoe. He even hugged you and...I know that something is between both of you already." I explained as she let go of my arm. She hid her face on her hands and I don't know what to do after that.

"I didn't tell anyone. You can trust me; I won't tell anybody." now she looked up at me as I gave her a small smile. She did the same and I could feel my heart beating fast but at the same time, breaking.

"Before I forget, I found your phone in the room." I handed her phone as she took it. She thanked me as she looked through it. It then got awkward around us after that.

"Myungsoo-yah, I also wanted to give you something." she spoke up as I looked at her. She took a box behind her and gave it to me. I took it and curiously looked at it. When I opened the box, there are cookies with different designs and toppings. There is also a small paper, saying;

Good luck on our finals, Myungsoo. Thank you once again for saving me. Hwaiting! ^^

"Your mom taught me how to bake those. Just a small gift of gratitude and a motivation." she explained as I smiled and thanked her. Now I'm getting more confused. It's too difficult to forget her. But, I'm too late. I can't just take her away from Ljoe. Things are getting complicated and I don't know whether my feelings are making them confusing, or is it ~~~~~ herself...

 

-----

Just a question guys; Is the font in the previous chapters too small? I need your opinions because some of you might hurt your eyes and so I could change it.

Regarding Suzy; there are no means of hurting anyone especially Suzy stans. I like her and miss A and there is no bashing going on. This is just a fic after all, and I would just like to say sorry for making Suzy look bad here. D: /bows/

And would you look at the main image. Just a way to melt your hearts like ice cream. :-)