Chapter 42

Clutter & Douchebag

"Chanyeol asked me to be his date for the prom! Although I like Baekhyun better than him--but still, he's very handsome and tall, you know!"

I giggled as Jieun continued to blabber more words through the telephone. It was a free day today and, disappointingly, I've already finished my tasks in the house and now I am bored to the bones. Good thing that Jieun had called for she herself was also beyond bored.

"I thought you actually like that...Jongin guy among them?" I stifled a laughter, covering my mouth to muffle sounds. Jieun has the most hatred towards Jongin; the womanizer, the chick magnet, the second dance machine (Hoya being the first), the guy with the y lips, name it. She just hates him to bits.

I practically heard a gasp from the other line and I could already imagine what's going to happen next.

"I think I'm starting to like him too though--Oh my god, what did I just say??" I let out a burst of exaggerated emotions as I laughed my off while rolling on the couch. I didn't care if the neighbors had practically heard my horrendous laughter. It felt amazing. It felt like I have just gained another life from laughing.

"Yah. It's not bad to like someone. Besides, I still don't even have a boyfriend so it's just normal."

"Well, yes--wait, you don't? Boyfriend? Didn't you tell me the first time we met that your boyfriend was waiting for you that you had to leave? Was I living with that lie all along?!" I said, rather loudly making me sound mad, but I was actually grinning.

"Ahh, that~ I was reffering to L.Joe oppa. I was in a really great mood back then and I accidentally said 'boyfriend'~ And I'm not even kidding, woman!" She let out a hearty giggle, along with me.

"Anyway, have L.Joe asked you to be his prom date yet?" She asked as my lips tugged upwards. I stretched my legs to the coffee table in the middle and sighed.

"Nope. I have no idea when he would ask me, or maybe never."

"Hey, don't say that! He'd ask you, I guarantee. Why wouldn't he? You're his girlfriend, am I incorrect?"

"Well...how sure are you that he would be able to? I mean, your appa doesn't like me...right? Do you think Mr. Lee would let him?"

We both let out a deep sigh, before she spoke up, "You've got a point, but let's not think about it, arasso?" I replied with a hum and I'm pretty sure that she had understood it.

"Have you heard?"

"Hmm?"

"L is going to the prom with Suzy. There are sayings going around that they're actually back together. Some are saying that they are just going there as close acquaintances. I just thought of sharing this to you, since L and you were friends back then, right?"

Some events seemed to rush back in and flashed before my eyes. From the day that Myungsoo had saved me, the way he laughed with me, the day that he had finally opened up to me, they were all remembered. I suddenly felt guilt building up inside me. I have no right to be mad or annoyed at him just because of a small, stupid thing that happened between us. He was a good guy, but it was as if that his world had turned upside down and he's back to his own cold self.

Why am I hating on him? I shouldn't be. But, I just couldn't seem to understand and see through him, what was really his reason to change from the good persona back to the old-typical-L persona.

Right now I could tell, that I'm missing him. I'm missing the person he used to be...

"Hello? You still there?" Jieun's voice brought me back to my senses. I cleared my throat and nodded as if she have seen me do it.

"I am. Sorry, I was just processing something in my mind."

"Ohh, alright. Mhm, are you going to do something later?"

"Hm, no. I've already finished all my chores for today. Why?"

"Let's go out, then!" She excitedly exclaimed through the line. I thought about it for a while, and agreed since I've nothing to worry and work at home.

"Okay then!"

"Woo~ One o'clock in the afternoon, at the café we last met with my brother. I'll hang up now to let you get ready~"

I giggled. "Alright, you too. Dress beautifully for your dear best friend, neh?~" We both giggled for the last time and hung up. I got up from the couch and ran up to the bathroom to wash up.

After my routine, I headed to my closet and looked for something nice to wear. I picked out a denim printed blouse and paired it with a dark-colored skinny pants.

I blow dried my hair and brushed it, letting it hang naturally on my back. Putting on a light makeup, I was ready to go. I looked at the time and it was already 12:25. The ride to the café is a 20 minutes drive but it's better to leave now. I wore my shoes as I slung my bag over my shoulder after that. I heaved a contented sigh and opened the main door, locking it behind me after I had come out.


I arrived at my destination on time. I inhaled the fresh air of the place and headed to the glass door of the café. I pushed it open as the aroma of the café automatically wrapped to my nostrils. I scanned through the tables but failed to find Jieun, since there are more 5 minutes until 1:00. I sat on the place near the glass window and waited.

"~~~~~!" I heard a voice call from the entrance of the café. I looked up and met Jieun. I grinned and brightly waved my hand. She skipped towards my place and took a seat opposite of mine when she reached me.


We have ordered a light lunch and decided to catch a movie after we have eaten.

As soon as we got out of the cinema, I noticed Jieun's gloomy expression. I furrowed my brows and had asked, "What's the matter?"

A tear suddenly escaped from her eyes and she sobbed silently. My eyes widened as I instantly held her in my arms, patting her back soothingly. "Yah! You're scaring me. What happened to you?"

"T-The movie was j-just so sa-sad." She hiccuped through her words as my lips curved into a small smile.

"Aigoo~ You really made me worried. It's just a movie! At least the ending was a happy one, right? Stop crying." I said while patting her smooth hair in comfort. She nodded.

"I'm such an emotional person, aren't I?"

After comforting her we have arrived at a clothing shop. The salesladies bowed at us as we walked in and we politely bowed back.

"Let's split up and meet at the fitting area after grabbing some dresses to fit, okay?" said Jieun, waving goodbye in a split second before going around the shop. I blew a raspberry and walked to the opposite direction. The shop was huge and countless formal outfits could be found in every corner. These clothings must have been designed by known fashion designers.

My eyes had spotted a beige, lace dress. It wasn't too revealing nor full of sequinned diamonds. The back has a decorative lace that is when worn, your would be seen through a lace. I smiled but suddenlly frowned with the price.

70,000W. 70,000W for a dress? It's too expensive! I'm saving my money for college and I would lose too much if I will be getting this...Too bad. I put it back to where it was and went to the other part.

"~~~~~? Is that you, dear?" A voice had called, making me stop my pace. I'm guessing that the person is standing just across my place. I had spun around and saw a familiar lady, smiling brightly at me.

"It is indeed you, ~~~~~-ah. It's been a long time!" She had approached me and gave me a motherly embrace.

"Mrs. Kim! Yes, it has been indeed. It's really nice to see you again." I was surprised at first because we haven't seen each other for a long time. I've really missed her.

"What are you looking for?"

"I'm just looking for a dress to wear for our prom along with my bestfriend."

"And, have you found one yet?"

I looked at the dress I have found earlier but averted my gaze back to Mrs. Kim and nodded.

"I did, but I'm still looking for others that might look better."

Mrs. Kim pursed her lips and nodded in understanding. "I could give you a hand. I just happen to pass by while Myungsoo is looking for his own outfit at the shop opposite of this. I will make you the most stunning and shining at the prom." She brushed my hair as I let out a smile. I then agreed in letting her help me. At the mention of Myungsoo's name, I couldn't help but anticipate to see him closely once again.

She handed me six different dresses and accompanied me to the fitting area, where Jieun was already waiting.

"Oh, you're with Mrs. Kim! Good afternoon, auntie." Jieun bowed politely at her.

"Good afternoon as well, Jieun-ah. If you're curious, we've known each other since last year, ~~~~~-ah." said Mrs. Kim with a wink. I nodded, letting her know that I had understood.

Both Jieun and I came out of our own small fitting rooms, wearing the first dress we were asked to fit. Mrs. Kim had looked from the magazine she was reading to us both, examining us. She shook her head in disapproval and we got back into the cubicle.

We were in our fifth dress, which is my first to the last but Jieun still has two more dresses to fit. Jieun and I both got out of the fitting room (not to mention, exhaustedly) and asked for Mrs. Kim's approval. Again she had examined us.

"Jieun-ah, yours is very great! It looks amazing on you." She complimented and clasped her hands. Jieun beamed and had gone back to the fitting cubicle but before leaving, she hadn't forgotten to give me a 'hwaiting'.

"So far, this is the prettiest among the dresses but I'm guessing that the last dress that I've picked out would be the best." Mrs. Kim grinned as I nodded in understatement. I rushed back to the fitting room to fit on my last outfit.


Myungsoo's POV

"Umma, where are you? I've already bought my outfit." I asked through the phone, heading out of the shop.

"I'm just inside the store in front of you. You can find me around the fitting area!"

I looked up and found the clothing store that umma was saying. "Arasso. I'll hang up now."

I walked towards the store and went inside it, quickly reaching the fitting area. I then found umma sitting on a couch with a small runway in the middle. My eyebrows got knitted together as I asked, "Are you with someone?"

"Ah, Myungsoo-yah! Yes, I am. Sit down, sit down~" She stood up and gently pushed me to the seat next to hers.

"Have she went out yet? Oh, hi Myungsoo!" Jieun appeared from the back with a paper bag on her hand. She sat down on the arm-rest beside umma and looked at the runway. It seemed like they were waiting for someone to appear there.

Just then, a voice interrupted my train of thoughts as my gaze diverted to the front.

"This is the last dress, Mrs. Kim."



Her?

....

....

She...

"How does she looks, Myungsoo-yah?" Umma broke my thoughts by mumbling that difficult-to-answer question. Literally.

~~~~~ and I met gazes for who knows how short or long but I immediately broke it. "Sh-She...it's fine." I awkwardly said.

"Fine? She looks stunning!" Jieun exclaimed, who had ran to ~~~~~ and made her turn around as if she is a princess.

I swear that I've just felt a burst in my chest.

"Really wonderful! I told you that the last dress would be the best~ Buy it now." Umma was still clapping and squealing, and for a moment she caught my eye, she winked just to tease me. Tease.me.

"But...the price is too high. I couldn't really afford it."

I've felt a nudge on my ribs, and when I turned my head umma has her brows raised, mouthing "Buy it for her!" I raised my eyebrows, giving her a shake of head. Why would I purchase something for....this girl?

"Ouch!" I accidentally yelped, looking rather sharply at umma. She has her arms crossed (which made her look innocent when in truth she really isn't), her face currently in a playful frown. I heaved a very deep sigh, ruffling my hair next.

"I...I'll buy it for you." In a soft and light voice, I have offered her. ~~~~~ looked at me with her orbs widened, after a moment shaking her head in disagreement.

"What...no! It's fine, really. I'll just look--"

"It isn't fine. Too bad, the dress just really fits you. Do it for me, ~~~~~-ah. Please?"

Umma was practically pleading at ~~~~~. I didn't know what to say. It's not like I didn't want to buy the dress for her. I just thought that..why me

This is awkward.


I head out of the store and met with umma, Jieun, and ~~~~~. I handed a paper bag to ~~~~~ with the dress that I bought for her inside it.

"Thanks..." She mumbled and gave me a small smile. In the end, umma has accomplished her plan of insisting ~~~~~. I, couldn't also deny the fact that I have to buy it for her.

But no. I shouldn't feel this way. I shouldn't feel too overwhelmed.

I shouldn't feel attracted to her again.




A/N: OMG

I'm truly sorry for missing in action for one month! Honestly? I..kind of lost my motivation to continue updating. I know that it's such a shame to be saying that...I'm very sorry about it...You know; school stuff. I occupied my poor brain with them.

But anyway, they were all worth it and now, everything were paid off. It's summer! ((for us hehe)) Hopefully I'll be able to update frequently now. ;; Until the next update~