Chapter 37

Clutter & Douchebag

Ignorance is bliss.


Just bitter. I scowled inwardly. Those two statements kept on travelling through my already disoriented mind. I left the trio after saying a few explanations, with a heavy heart. While walking my way to the next floor, I therefore conclude that Kim Myungsoo is a bitter coward, whom has been neglecting an innocent person just because he does not want to be hurt, again. Such a girly reason. Psh.

Walking past the numbered customers, I stopped my tracks in front of umma. She looked up from the menu she was looking thorough and smiled at me.

"Happy 20th anniversary to you and appa, umma." I greeted wholeheartedly, handing her a newly bought velvet box, smiling through my heart's content. She stood up and gratefully took the box from my grasp. She embraced me, patting my back in a manner that I wouldn't mind feeling all day.

"I heard that the Hwang's have arrived in Korea a few days ago. Do you still remember them, son?" Umma stated, twirling the served pasta on her fork and popping it into . I feigned attention and nodded my head.

"Speaking of which, I've met Tiffany downstairs just earlier." I said. Her eyes widened in surprise. "How come I didn't see her when I arrived? Oh I miss that girl." She let out a sigh, chuckling after that.

I smiled and shook my head in amusement. "You two would meet again, I assure you."


Author's POV

"Mr. Lee, someone wishes to see you right now." said the lady that had opened the door of the office, which was Mr. Lee's. He was standing in front of the glass window of the room, peering through it and gazing at the sight before him while sipping his brewed, black coffee. He spun around and rested his cup on the polished desk.

"Who is it?" he asked.

"He's named Hwang Minjung, Mr. Lee." the lady responded. His ears perked upon hearing the familiar name, a crooked smile climbing up his mouth. "Bring him in."

The lady respectively bowed and obliged the man, leading the visitor towards the room. She bowed once again and left. Mr. Lee approached the man, greeting him with a handshake gesture.

"It's a long time no see, Minjung. Welcome back to Korea." Mr. Lee let out a chuckle, making Hwang Minjung chuckle as well.

"It is good to be back. Ah, I see that you have done a great job with your business, Jangwoo." Minjung stated, looking around the office of his long-time friend. They sat down the couches across each other, the duo having their cup of brewed coffee and numerous stories, just as what they had habited in the old-times.

"Your two angels aren't around, I have noticed. How are they doing?" Jangwoo (Mr. Lee) asked, leaning his back on the leather chair he was sitting on.

"My wife is still having a jet-lag so she decided to stay at the hotel. As for Tiffany, she insisted on going shopping by herself. I couldn't stop her though. She hasn't felt freedom in New York, and it'd be better for her to at least feel it here." Minjung responded. Jangwoo nodded in clearance.

"Where is L.Joe? That boy won't miss a day without seeing his favorite uncle."

"I've let him go out after working for the company. He said he was meeting someone. Could it be your daughter?"

"That'd be possible. Speaking of those kids..." Minjung trailed off, putting his cup on top of the wooden table and clasping his hands together, continuing his statement.

"I've been thinking about this a few weeks before our flight back to Seoul. Jangwoo, I'm proposing an arranged marriage for Tiffany and L.Joe. My daughter has been dating a delinquent at school, and this is something that I could only think that'll be an acomplishment, for my daughter to get rid of that unmannered guy. She knows that I wasn't happy about her decision to keep their relationship going. That girl has to realize what she's been doing. So Jangwoo, would you accept my offer?"

Jangwoo tapped his chin in amusement, thinking about the statement that he had heard. He had a weak impression of the actual girl that his son is dating. His friend, whom has been having the similar problem as him, is needing his consultment. The offer would be a good thing; for the sake of the good of his friend's daughter and his own son, he thought.

Standing up with an amused smirk plastered on his face, Jangwoo stretched out his hand. With a huge grin in place, he said,

"It is accepted."

Minjung, with a smirk, stood up as well and shook Jangwoo's hand in content.


Your POV

I blew on my freezing hands, rubbing them together for warmth. The darkness had already blanketed the sky as I was sitting under it. I was relaxing myself on a bench near a huge skating rink, where a lot of people specifically, families and couples, were having fun skating. Before I knew it, Byunghun came back with two cups of hot cocoa drink on both of his grip. He smiled at me as I did the same, just as what I loved doing with him. He handed me the cup as I thanked him and he comfortably sat down beside me.

"Want to go ice skating after?" Byunghun asked after he took a sip of his cocoa drink. I nodded eagerly, too eagerly that I had forgotten to blow on my drink before sipping it. The drink burnt my tongue as my eyes start to water in pain. Byunghun who have seen my expression held my drink for me and worriedly offered me a bottled water. I drank half of it, gasping for air after and pouting.

"Aigoo. Does it still hurt?" Byunghun asked as I nodded, wiping the tears off the corner of my eyes. Byunghun held my chin and turned my face to face his, almost too closely for our nose to touch. I gulped at the close proximity of our faces, while his eyes searched mine. After a while, he whispered something that made my insides explode in complete fluster.

"Do you want me to kiss you so you'd be completely healed?"

I pushed him away almost abruptly as he fell to the ground, laughing hysterically and not even caring by the stares that he was earning. I huffed and crossed my arms, hiding my crimson red face away from his sight. Byunghun who has already stopped laughing dusted his pants and sat back down on the bench, still chuckling.

"I was just kidding~" He said and cutely wrapped his arms around my waist. I rolled my eyes, my lips twitching to a smirk. I abruptly stood up from my seat, startling Byunghun. I pretended to be pissed off by what he did.

"I'm going ice skating by myself." I said sharply, making my way towards the skating rink. I grinned at the thought of Byunghun's priceless reaction, at the same time his utter disbelief.

"Jagi-ya, wait! I didn't mean to make you angry!"

Before Byunghun could catch up with me, I have already landed my feet on the rink with white skating shoes that I got from the tent near it. I started to skate around the rink, glancing once in a while at Byunghun. I suppressed my laughter when I saw him fidgeting with his skating shoes. Doesn't he know how to skate? Didn't he suggest this? I giggled to myself and stopped my tracks, observing how Byunghun will be doing.

He tied the last lace of his skating shoes and landed on the skating rink. He tried balancing himself, his arms flying loosely on his side. After what seemed like minutes, he failed to skate and landed on his . I who have seen this, giggled uncontrollably and decided to help him up. I guess I couldn't stay 'mad' at him for long. Why am I so in love with him?

"I thought you know how to skate!" I stated, offering my hands at Byunghun. He smiled, grabbing hold of my hands and standing up.

"I do. Actually, I-I forgot how to." He rubbed his nape and chuckled. I grinned and shook my head in amusement.

"I'll teach you again then, oppa." I wrapped my hands on his, which I don't do oftenly. It actually felt great. It felt like I was in heaven.

I started to drag him with me, slowly and surely. He was a fast learner. I started to quicken my pace, which he did seriously. I smiled at his quick learning and let go of him slowly.

"You're doing great, oppa!" I cheered as he grinned and skated around. I trailed behind him, smiling all the way with him. He looked very happy, and seeing this side of him just made my night. He looked perfect. We looked perfect together.


It was nine in the evening and Byunghun and I have eaten dinner together. The chilly weather was getting colder as the time passed. We decided to go home to get rid of one of us getting sick.

As soon as we got out of the cab, I quickly went to open the front door of my house with Byunghun trailing behind me. I slip myself inside and let him go in as well. I the heater and sighed as I felt the warmth touch my skin. I went over to the living room where Byunghun was and sat down beside him.

"Are you sure you're okay alone?" Byunghun asked, turning at me for an answer. He's been insisting me to let him stay with me, but I rejected. I nodded, resting my head on his shoulder. He let out a sigh and silence took over us. It wasn't awkward at all. The silence felt comfortable, and Byunghun's presence was all that matters right now. I loved his presence. Being with him makes me feel guarded. And of course, loved.

The ringing of his phone broke off my thoughts as he answered the call.

"Appa? Yes. I did. No, appa. Yes. I will now. Okay, bye." Byunghun ended the call and a sigh escaped his mouth.

"You should go now, oppa. I'm fine alone!" I patted his back in reassurance as he smiled. "I wanted to stay longer but I couldn't. Appa's going to get mad, for sure. So, I'll get going. Thank you for today, ~~~~~-ah. Take care!" He stood up as I stood up as well. I waved goodbye at him as he did the same and went towards the front door. When he was in front he stopped his tracks. I furrowed my eyebrows in curiousity and was about to ask if something was wrong when he turned back at me, walking back towards me.

"B-Byunghun oppa, i-is there someth--" My words were cut off, my heartbeat quickened, and my feelings exploded. Byunghun pressed his warm lips onto mine, hitting my senses that he was doing the action with what's called kissing. My eyes widened in pure shock and fluster, feeling my legs beginning to fail beneath me. I could practically hear my heart drumming against my chest, as if the whole world could hear it as well. I didn't know what to do. I was in a state of confusion. Byunghun was kissing me.

Unconciously, my eyes started to flutter closed, my hands making their way to his arms. I was thinking of pushing him away, but that thought would be replaced too immediately. My other hand made its way to Byunghun's hand that was on my cheek, my lips slowly starting to react on the kiss. Before I knew that it was happening, I was kissing him back.

I slowly pulled away and kept my head low in embarassment. My heart was still beating furiously and I couldn't look at Byunghun in the eyes. I cleared my throat and fidgeted with my fingers. From the corner of my eye, I could see him rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"I-I'll be go-going now..." Byunghun stammered, his voice trailing off as he talked. I looked up at him, nodding my head. He offered a small smile as he walked towards the front door, leaving the house. My index finger made its way to my own lips, remembering how Byunghun's lips that was blanketed with warmth moved with mine. His kiss was passionate. It was slow, and was also....amazing. I sunk back down the couch as I buried my burning face on a pillow, squealed my heart's content and transferred my feelings to it.



---------------------

A/N: Err......Hi everyone.

I actually don't know what to say but....

I'm very very very very sorry for not updating I know I'm a bad author huhu I left you all hanging it has been weeks almost months since I last updated ergh why am I like this.

So, yeap. I hope you liked this chapter, though it's a short one. Any violent reactions about the sudden kiss scene and arranged marriage...? Otl otl.

/bows 90 degrees without stopping/