Chapter 38

Clutter & Douchebag

Your POV

The one month break that they have given ended up too quickly, or so I thought.

Aimlessly walking to the school at a fine and chilly morning, I didn't notice the sea of students that were flocking around the school board until I was dragged away by my lovely best friend.

"~~~~~-ah, come with me! Quick, quick!" Jieun chimed while skipping steps towards the subject of the commotion, practically tugging on my arm and running swiftly which almost made me stumble. I frowned. I could've kissed the mighty floor! Why was I so lost in my thoughts?

"Excuse me! We're coming through! Sorry!" We squeezed ourselves through the flock of students, and we finally made it, meeting face to face with the results of the final exams that were held last month.

These results were always the most important priorioty in most students. In order to get into a college school, finals were always their main onlook.

I squinted my eyes trying to find our names in it. I then finally diverted my gaze to the seniors section, eyes widening in pure shock. Click.

"You topped six in the seniors section! Omo, congratulations!" Jieun exclaimed right before I could react. We both jumped in joy, with other students congratulating each other and us.

"L-sshi, congratulations for being the fourth!"

"You've done great, L oppa!"

"Wow. You'd definitely make it through Chugye University!"

My eyes automatically landed to a group of boys making their way through the crowd. The crowd dispersed immediately and flocked to the sides, with both Jieun and I still in front of the board. I looked at the results once again, heck, so the statement that I caught on earlier was true. He did rank fourth.

It wasn't that I resent it though. The fact that Myungsoo was the fourth, it was rare for me. It's not that I wanted to be a rank higher than him. And nor that I thought that he doesn't study at all! ...Wait, what? Aish!

The Infinite boys but Myungsoo waved at us as we did the same. They scanned through the results with bright faces as they congratulated Myungsoo for making it to the high list.

"Uh, co-congratulations, Myungsoo!" I beamed a little too awkward for me. I didn't know what to say. I was thinking about how he would respond, or just ignore me like what he did...

He nodded his head, his lips remained zipped, and walked away.

...What did just happen?

I did not try to spill anything anymore, nor try to walk over to him and make him talk for once. I was pissed.

The boys gave me an apologetic look and a slight bow of their heads before running after Myungsoo, disappearing quickly before my sight. All the students were already walking away, going to their respective classes. I remained glued to my place, pretending to be scanning through the results, but I was actually gnawing my inner cheek in frustration.

"Err, ~~~~~-ah? Are you okay?" Jieun tapped my shoulder, taking a peek on my blank expression. I sighed inwardly and faced her with a slightly-crooked smile.

"I am! Just, a little surprised from being the sixth. I didn't expect this, actually. I was doubting that I won't fail big time." I let a out a chuckle, fixing my eyes on her. She nodded and giggled.

"We have to celebrate, you know! Let's tell oppa about it later. Let's go to our class now, alright?" She chimed as I agreed, walked casually to our first class, with mixed emotions snaking through my chest. What did I even do to make Myungsoo act that way towards me? I really don't get it. I just don't get it.


Recess has wiped the students' faces off the classrooms, them stumbling upon the cafeteria, excluding me. I decided to head out to the school's garden, despite the very cool condition of the atmosphere. I wanted to hear a comfortable silence instead of those ear-deafening chattering and fooling around of the student body for a while.

I pocketed my chilly hands and adjusted my thick scarf around my neck, propping myself in my usual bench. It was nice; those crunching sounds of ice beneath you when you walk, the gentle and soothing blow of the cool wind, brushing through your hair and skin; it's definitely a fine and relaxing day for everyone. Where at the first place you were feeling upset, but with these things you'd eventually feel better. I sighed contently, watching as my breath came out as a faint gas from my mouth.


L.Joe's POV

Recess time came and I practically dashed out of my classroom. I was too eager to see my beloved girlfriend once more; to make sure she was fine, to see that she was still charmingly smiling instead of frowning, to be with her presence for a long time.

Appa's words from the night after my date with ~~~~~ were still lingering in my mind. I didn't agree to what he wanted. What they wanted was completely an absurdity. Illogical. I love her. I love ~~~~~. I never will break the things that are going on between us. I never will.

Flashback

I was sitting -almost dreamily- on the passenger seat of the cab, my mind wandering back to what just happened at ~~~~~'s house. I gently put a finger to my lips and felt butterflies on the pit of my stomach, making me feel giddy and ticklish. I kissed her. It was my first kiss with her, and without a doubt, it shocked her big time. She was irresistable. I didn't want to scare her off, making her think that I'm a ert, so I just made the kiss slow and gentle. It was just.....wonderful.

I paid the fare and got out of the cab, making my way into our house. The head maid opened the front door for me as I slightly bowed my head as a thank you. I headed to appa's office where he asked me to meet him. As soon as I swung the door open, a man greeted me with a sly smirk on his face.

Uncle Minjung? Aunt Lydia? Tiffany? What are they all doing here?

"L.Joe! You've grown up so well and got more handsome. Long time, no see!" Uncle hugged me in a fatherly manner as I patted his back. I was still thinking why they were here in this time of the night.

I sat down the chair across him and beside appa. Tiffany looked like she also doesn't know why we were all gathered here. I quizzically raised an eyebrow at her when she met my gaze as she shrugged.

"We are all here right now to state a very important news to everyone." Appa started and went on as I listened carefully. Does this have something to do with me or the family business? I hope not.

But I was actually right. My hope has betrayed me. My heart dropped at hearing his statement; "You, Lee Byunghun, will be marrying Hwang Tiffany."

"What the hell?!" Tiffany and I bursted at the same time. Marry her? Arranged marriage? For 's sake, I'm in a relationship with someone else! Appa knows that. What are they trying to prove?!

"It's not just, appa! You do know that I'm already dating. What have gotten into your mind to have me in an arranged marriage with someone who I only think of as a sister?"

"Watch your manners, Lee Byunghun." Appa snapped at me, but I didn't care.

"You are dating someone else?" Uncle and aunt exclaimed at the same time.

"Yes, umma and appa. You've heard it right. I myself also have one. Why are you tolerating this kind of unreasonable agreement?" Tiffany said through gritted teeth, almost losing her patience. I already lost my patience. This wasn't just.

"This isn't unreasonable. This is for your own good--"

"'For your own good'? Bull. You're doing this for me to leave my boyfriend; my pathetic and horrible boyfriend, isn't it? Didn't you hear what L.Joe said? He has somebody else. I have mine. Isn't that enough to help you realize that we can't be together?" She blurted out with her voice rising in fury. She was right. They were wrong.

"Those people who you treat as special, they are just ordinary. What made you like them? They are just from a group of peasants. People of their own kind are--"

"Enough, appa. They make us happy. They are more than what you think about them. You are not a God who decides and plans our lives. This is our life. You don't own it, and you don't have the right to manipulate it as if we're robots. I've had enough. I'm not going to marry Tiffany, nor will she marry me. There will be no marriage." I said in distaste, and upsettingly went out of the office. I had lost my respect for appa. For all I care, I want to be with ~~~~~ even if the whole world is against her. Tiffany is happy, and I knew that she is thinking about the same.

It's going to be two against one.


I asked some of ~~~~~'s classmates where she headed to and went to the place that they have told me. I walked through the hallways and arrived at the garden, and my gaze immediately landed to a familiar figure sitting on a bench. I softened and approached her.

"Why should a petite and beautiful girl like you stay in a place like this with this freezing weather?" I asked and stopped in front of her. She looked up and met my gaze, letting out a hearty laugh at my statement. ~~~~~ patted the seat next to her as I sat down. She snuggled closer and made me wrap my arms around her, which I obediently did.

"I always like your warmth. Why are you so cuddly?" She giggled, fixing herself on my arms. I laughed.

"Because I was a teddy bear in the past, that's why I'm cuddly." I replied, earning a shake of her head. Adorable.

"Do you think that my lips was warm, too?" I suddenly asked out of curiousity, and half-mock. She pushed me away in embarassment as I let out an 'Awww'.

"I-it was.....warm and.....s-soft...." She muttered, and I luckily heard it.

"Do you want us to try it for the second time?" I teased and was expecting a hit from her but she just gaped at me. Her eyes then softened as her lips twitched into a smile and leaned in to peck my lips. My face lit up and my mouth broke into a cheeky grin. She liked the kiss.

"Do that again!" I childishly beamed, making her roll her eyes but did it anyway. It didn't become a peck when I pulled her chin and got in for a long kiss. I could hear students cheering and squealing around, but they were only cupids singing in the mid-air for me.

I wasn't ready to tell her about the arranged-marriage. Or so yet. I didn't want to make her feel guilty. I know that appa won't call off this agreement, unless we agree to it. I would never accept it. Likewise, it's going to be two against one.


Myungsoo's POV

I departed ways from Infinite but with Sungyeol after recess and headed to our next class. As soon as we arrived at the door, two figures were there. I stopped my tracks when I realized who they were.

L.Joe gave ~~~~~ a peck on her cheek as they waved goodbye at each other. I did not feel anything. I didn't feel hurt, nor jealous. I felt nothing.

You could say that I've finally got over her.

I went inside the classroom and Sungyeol and I sat behind ~~~~~, since they were the only seats that weren't occupied. The teacher got in after five or least minutes in a bright mood. He greeted us as we greeted back in respect.

He went on talking about our lesson, but I was only half-listening. Until then, he announced something.

"These stack of papers on my hands are problems and some activities about the lessons you had in your past year. You'll have to answer these by pair, and your partner would have to be the one who's behind you, just to make it different. No more but's!" He explained sharply and started distributing the stack of papers. I turned to the person behind me, but she already has a partner. I turned back in front, meeting ~~~~~'s eyes on mine. So, she will be my partner.

She offered a tiny smile as I just lowered my gaze and answered the first activity on our paper. I sensed that she frowned upon my reaction, and I wasn't surprised anymore. She looked at my answer as she shook her head in disapproval.

"You wrote the wrong equation. This should be here..." ~~~~~ took the pencil that I was holding and erased the entire equation to re-answer it herself. I quizzically raised an eyebrow. I'm pretty sure that my equation was correct.

"There!" She finished it and put the pencil down. I snatched it away and looked at the paper.

"Didn't I put this symbol here on my previous answer, too? And this must be 235. You solved it wrongly." I said, gritting my teeth as I changed the equation once again. Patience, Kim Myungsoo. Just go on to the next item.

That's it. I'm losing my patience. This girl kept on arguing about the equations I made. This is wrong, that is incorrect, the answer in the third item is already obvious - What's wrong with her?

"Aish! You should put the A here, not there, not anywhere but here!" she whispered too sharply, but I didn't oblige.

"ARGH! Just answer it by yourself!" she stood up from her seat, and the whole class' attention diverted to her. I snickered mentally, looking at the teacher as he approached her.

"Choi ~~~~~, and you, Kim Myungsoo, detention after class."

I gawked at him, then at ~~~~~, and back at the teacher. Why should he put me in detention, too?! This clutter. I had to blame this clutter for dragging me to detention.



-------------------

A/N: I was thinking that the plot of this story is getting mixed up....L.Joe, you . LOL.

Myungsoo is back on track! The next chap will be about their detention, again. Oh let's bring back the chemistry~ ;) ;)

/throws hearts at everyone because I'm feeling happy today/ ♥♥