Chapter 4

Clutter & Douchebag

L barged into their hideout with an irritated face.

“What’s with the frown?” Sungyeol asked him. L plopped himself on the couch and said,

“That Choi ~~~~~ is the most annoying girl I’ve ever met. Totally not my type.” He gritted his teeth.

“Did she do something wrong?” Sunggyu butted in.

“Well, yeah. She called me ‘douchebag’.” He replied. Then, he received a light slap on his left cheek from everyone.

“Yah! What was that for?”

“That’s for you, being overreacting. She just called you that, no big deal! You never know if she’s just teasing or what. Why do you have to overreact?” Dongwoo blurted. L just rolled his eyes which in return, 6 eyes rolled at him.

“For me, I like ~~~~~!” Sungjong beamed.

“Same here!” all of them exclaimed except for L. Now he’s getting furious.

He decided to just eat his lunch and plan an evil plot for you.

*Just wait, Choi ~~~~~.* he smirked.

 

My other classmates already left. We had a free time a while ago so I made friends with others.

I was cleaning the shelves and fixing the chairs. No one’s helping me because I have done something…wrong? It’s like detention.

 

I dusted my hands and stretched.

“Owh, my back.” I pouted and sat down on my chair. I buried my face on my hands and closed my eyes. Then, I heard the door slammed closed. I jumped in shock and looked at the door. I started to feel an awkward atmosphere in the classroom. Feeling scared, I fixed my things and decided to go home. When I turned the knob, it was locked. I knocked on the door and shouted.

“Yah! YAH! I’m locked! Is someone there?! YAH!” I have no choice but to furiously bump myself onto the door. I used a hand drill, mallet, saw, shotgun and anything huge to break the knob but it’s still no use…No, I’m just kidding.

 

I could feel sweats forming on my forehead. I heaved a sigh and sat hopelessly on the floor.

“Who could be that person who will—“I asked to myself but was cut off when I remembered something.

“Kim Myungsoo. He’s the one who locked me here! AISH! THAT BASTARD!” I screamed in frustration. It is none other than him, of course. Ugh! He’s really getting on my nerves!

 

After a moment, the door swung open and revealed a janitor.

“I heard screaming here. Are you okay, miss?” he asked me worriedly.

“Oh, nothing ahjjusshi. Someone just locked me up and I thought I saw a…rat?” I awkwardly laughed. Okay, what kind of explanation is that?

The janitor stared at me with a ‘what-did-you-say’ face and I cleared my throat.

“By the way, thanks for opening the door. Bye!” I took my bag and went out of the classroom.

 

“I shall really get revenge.” I muttered while walking on my way to the parking lot where I parked my bike.

My eyes wide opened at the sight of my poor bike. Its wheels have cut and it’s all flat.

“W-w-what h-h-happened?!?!” I screamed. Really, this is the umpteenth time I have screamed my throat out.

I slowly walked to it and my fists curled.

“Again. You bastard Kim Myungsoo. I will cut your head off and feed you to the lions in the den. Or, I will bury you alive.” I said to myself, a little bit loud just enough to hear by the guard at the front gate. I just grabbed my bike and walked home. I feel frustrated right now. This is the worst day ever.

 

At the corner of an alley, L was laughing his off. He saw the whole thing and he can’t help but laugh and laugh. When he noticed that you’re already nowhere to be seen, he got out of the alley with a satisfied face.

*This is really fun!* he thought happily and went to grab his own bike and head home.

 

“Appa, I’m home!” I exclaimed as I take my shoes off. I have a sweet smile plastered on my face so my dad won’t feel worried. I hate it when he feels discomfort just by looking at my frown.

I saw my dad sleeping soundly on the couch. He’s been working over time again. I felt worried for him and his health. What if he will be sick? I don’t want that to happen. At the time being, let’s just not think negative thoughts.

 

My appa twirled as I was fixing the table. He fluttered his eyes open and looked at me.

“Appa, let’s eat dinner!” I beamed. He yawned and stood up from the couch and went to the dining room.

“I made kimchi soup and cooked Korean barbeque!” I said in a high voice. He just smiled and started eating. Hmm, he seems to have a problem. I’ll ask him after dinner.

 

 

“~~~~~-ah, there’s something I want to tell you.” my appa told me while helping me wash the dishes. I tilted my head and told him to continue.

“My flight is moved this Saturday.” He calmly said and heaved a sigh. I gasped and almost drop the plates. I blinked and laughed.

“You’re joking right? Yah, appa, you know I hate playing around.” I pinched his cheeks like a kid.

“Ani, ~~~~~. I’m serious. I will not go to the office tomorrow onwards to pack my stuffs.” He explained. “I know you’ll be disappointed but, it’s part of our lives and my job. I’m sorry.” He took my hand and squeezed it.

I heaved a sigh and smiled at him.

“Oh yeah! Before I forgot, I bought you cupcakes and doughnuts.” I beamed as if appa didn’t say anything. I took the box from the refrigerator and put it on the table.

“Appa, do you want me to stay here tomorrow so I can help you pack your things?” I asked him as I took my own doughnut.

“Mwoh? No, go to school. I’m fine!” he shook his head. I pouted and whined.

“Appa~ you’re going to leave soon. We need to spend our time together. Just this once, please??~”

“Aigoo, arasso.” He pinched the bridge of my nose and both of us chatted before going to sleep.