Chapter 3

Clutter & Douchebag

RIIIIIINGGG~

I groaned as my alarm clock rang very loud. As I was reaching for it, there came a THUD. I fell down from my own, awesome bed.

“UGH! Whyyy do I have to suffer??” I whined and sheepishly ruffled my hair. Don’t make me upset, morning. I don’t want to go to school with a bad mood.

I turned off the alarm clock and stood up. I stretched, grabbed my towel, and went to the bathroom.

 

As I finished my daily routines, I went to the dining room and saw my dad drinking his coffee and as usual, his paperworks scattered on the table.

“Working early in the morning? Aren’t you getting tired?” I asked him as I sat down the chair beside him.

“I’m already used to work early. Your appa is never gonna be tired, I’m stronger than Hercules!” he pumped his fist in the air. I laughed at his actions and started munching my toasted bread. My appa’s boss sure has favoritsm.

 

As I was pedalling, I saw a pastry shop. An idea then popped out of my head.

“I’m going to buy sweets for my appa. That’s it!” I thought and smiled.

I bought 4 velvet cupcakes and 4 vanilla coated doughnuts with sprinkles on top. Good thing I have enough money. I put it inside my backpack and strode off.

 

I could already see my school from far away. Just a few blocks more and I’m going to reach it. Then, something caught my eyes.

A black car with its windows opened revealed a good looking guy. He looks familiar but I can’t see it clearer. He was leaning on the door and was talking to the driver. When they are getting nearer, the car passed by me and SWOOSH. My uniform is now wet. I widened my eyes in horror. Aigoo! Why now?! But it didn’t even rain a while ago! Why is there puddle of water on the road?

“Yah, stop it right there!” I shouted.

The car then stopped and the driver in his early 30s got out and approached me.

“Sorry miss, I didn’t notice you and that puddle of water. My master told me to drive quickly; it’s not my intention to get you wet. Jeongmal mianhae.” He bowed respectfully. I was about to speak when that ‘master’ guy went out of the car with a scowl on his face.

“What’s taking you so lon—“he was cut off when he saw me. My jaw dropped at the sight of the person in front of me. I blinked and he suddenly burst into laughter.

 

“L-sshi?! You-you, m-m-master, w-what?!” I stuttered. I can’t believe that this guy is even called master. He’s arrogant and pathetic and all. The name ‘master’ doesn’t suit him even though he’s good looking.

“Hah! What happened to you? HAHAHA!” he said in between his laugh as he clutches his stomach. Now I’m aware why his laughing. He slowly started calming down and cleared his throat.

“Yah, you should say sorry. In fact this is part of your plan.” I said bravely. It’s obvious because he was talking to his driver a while ago and he purposely said to drive faster.

“What? Me? I’m not the one who’s driving. He is. And I didn’t plan this, you piece of clutter.” He rudely said.

“What the hell did you say? A piece of clutter?” I pinched my eyebrows.

“You, supercilious guy, don’t talk to me like that or else—“

“Or else what? You’d kill me? You’d punch me in the face? Tch, come on.” He smirked. Now I feel my blood boiling. I swear I’m going to grab his neck with a rope anytime soon.

“You-you, ARGH! Just apologiz—“

“Do I have to repeat it again? I said that—“

“Master!” the driver said in a high voice. He seems to be annoyed by our argument. Both L and I turned to look at him.

“I have already apologized to her. Let’s go now, master. Once again, I’m sorry miss.” He bowed and went back inside the car. L smirked at me before turning and made his way to the car. I clenched my fists and stomped my foot angrily.

“He and his evil plot. Ugh! I shall get revenge.”I mumbled and hopped on my bike and made my way to the school.

Aigo, good thing the sweets are inside my bag because I won’t hesitate to ask L to pay me for ruining them.

 

Just as I parked my bike, I already received glares, points, and laughs from the other students. I then quickened my pace to the school’s clinic.

 

“Oh? What happened to your uniform?” the nurse asked me as I approach the desk.

“I-I ran into a puddle of water while I’m on my way to school.” I rubbed my forehead. NO! That’s not what happened! Why didn’t you tell her the truth? You bad tongue!

“Is that it? Well, I’m sorry but we don’t have any extra uniforms. You could just borrow one from your classmates.” She suggested before turning back to the computer in front of her. I sighed and politely bowed to her before going out.

 

While walking on the hallway, I saw a familiar figure approaching me.

“~~~~~! I heard that your uniform got wet. Come! I’ll let you borrow mine! I have extra.” Jieun grabbed my hand and pulled me to the comfort room. She didn’t even let me speak! Oh well, it’s okay. At least someone is here to help me. Thank God I met her.

 

“Mr. Lee, the famous architect…” and the class go on.

I can’t seem to concentrate because the whole class is so talkative. Others are throwing papers and whatsoever. Whenever the professor will notice their actions, he will just scold them. But, they still won’t budge.

 

And the worst thing is I have three classes with L. That jerk. He likes staying at the back of the class and flirt with other girls. Tch, pathetic.

My thoughts are cut off when the bell rang. Finally, lunch time.

At the door, Myungsoo passed by me and heard him whisper,

“Piece of clutter.”

I glared at him and replied,

“Douchebag.”

From the corner of my eye, I saw him groan, obviously displeased with what I said.

I smirked and made my way to my locker. *This is going to be good. You want a game, Myungsoo? Hah, I’m in.*