Chapter 19

Clutter & Douchebag

"We're home!" I exclaimed just as I open the door. Ailee and Daniel took their shoes off and so did I.

"Ahjumma, ahjusshi, I'm sorry we came home just now. Ailee and Daniel wanted to play more. So..." I apologized and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Ahh, it's okay, ~~~~~-ah. We're not mad." ahjusshi patted my head. I sighed in relief and all of us went to the living room.

 

I found appa sitting on the couch. I sat beside him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"How's your day with Ailee and Daniel?" appa asked me.

"It's tiring." I pouted and crossed my arms. Appa chuckled while ahjumma giggled.

"I exactly know what it feels, ~~~~~-ah. They are so energetic anywhere and anytime." she pinched Ailee and Daniel's noses. Ailee and Daniel giggled.

"Oh! Before the food gets cold, let's eat it now!" ahjumma clasped her hands and stood up, I helped appa to sit down on his wheelchair and pushed him to the dining area.

 

My jaw dropped when I saw a lot of food prepared on the table.

"Ahjumma, why did you cook a lot?" I asked her and gazed at the dishes. She just giggled and sat down. I chuckled and sat down beside the kids.

 

We had a great and pleasant dinner. We chatted about various stuffs and even about Ailee and Daniel's life when they were still babies.

After the dinner, Ailee, Daniel, and I went to my room. They wanted to take a look at my room and stay there for a while.

 

I opened the door and they gasped in astonishment.

"Wow, unnie! You have a lot of stuffed toys!" Ailee squealed and took one stuffed animal on my bed. I do collect stuffed toys. The others are gifts I receive every White Day. Most of them are from umma and appa.

"Annyeong! My name is Erika. What's yours?" Ailee held her own teddy bear and spoke cutely. I giggled and sat down beside her. Daniel came along.

"Hi Erika! Her name is Lucy. Nice to meet you!" I shook the bear's hand. We laughed and played with the other stuffed toys.

 

"Noona, may I ask you something?" Daniel spoke up.

"Sure, my dongsaeng! What is it?" I smiled at him.

"Where is your mommy?" he asked, his face full of curiosity.

My smile slowly fade away. I looked down and played with the bunny on my hand, which is umma's last gift for my birthday before she leave. I looked up and weakly smiled at them.

"My mommy? Well, she's living in a far place. Far from us. She left and didn't come back." I explained.

"Your mommy is dead?!" Daniel asked in disbelief. Ailee gasped and covered her ears. I chuckled and took Ailee's hands away from her ears.

"She is not. She's living with someone else already." both of them nodded in understanding.

"But, you still love her, don't you?" Ailee asked. I paused for a moment.

I didn't know what to reply because I already forgot about this. It's not like I erased umma from my life. It's just that I already forgot this pain and moved on. And.......I don't know if I still love her despite her disappearance. I've never asked this question to myself before.

After some time of thinking, I nodded.

"Of course I still do. Without umma, I don't exist in this world. Without her, you don't know me. She loved me so I should do the same to her." I gave them a smile. They smiled back and nodded.

"I wish I was your brother, noona You are so good at explaining things. We already learned lessons from you!" Daniel grinned. Ailee then agreed.

"Then I can be both your sister and cousin." I chuckled. They cheered and continued on playing with me.

 

We skipped towards the living room and saw ahjumma and ahjusshi already prepared.

"We'll visit again soon. It was great to see my 'oppa' again." ahjumma giggled. Oh how she loves giggling. Appa chuckled and nodded.

"~~~~~-ah, we have an advance graduation gift for you." ahjusshi handed something to ahjumma and gave it to me. It was a planner.

"Wow, thank you!" I grinned at them.

"Since you're going to college next year, you need this to take note of your projects or whatsoever college stuffs. I remembered how you used to forget things easily when you were in your first year. Take well care of it, arasso?" said ahjumma.

"I will. Thanks again!" I hugged them. I accompanied them to the gate. Since appa is having a last chat with them, I approached Ailee and Daniel.

"We'll miss you, noona/unnie." they chorused. I slightly smiled and bent down their level.

"It's not like I'm going in a far place. I know that we'll see each other again very soon. Don't worry!" I patted their heads. They gave me a bear hug and I hugged them back. I kissed their cheeks and opened the car door for them. Me and appa waved goodbye to them until they were out of sight.

 

I gave appa his medicine and a glass of water. He drank it and after that, we just stared at each other.

"What?" I asked him while laughing. He laughed along and said,

"My daughter looks beautiful as always. I wonder why you're not meeting any boys yet." I scoffed at his remark and completely ignored that "meeting any boys yet" part.

"What?" he laughed again and poked the bridge of my nose.

"Aigoo, appa. Good night!" I planted a kiss on his cheek and made my way to the door. He smile for the last time before I swing the door closed.

 

I grabbed my bag on my study table and opened it. I fixed my books for the subjects tomorrow. Aish, I have two classes with Kim Douchebag Myungsoo. How I wish he would skip at least one subject.

Tomorrow's also the first day of winter. Snow will fall after several days. I'm so excited for it! It's been a while since I've played with the snow and enjoy ice skating. This is going to be a great season.

 

I took a quick shower and wore my pyjamas. I feel so tired nonetheless, I feel cozy. I snuggled under my blanket and drove to sleep in a speed of a light.

 


A/N: Sorry guys! I've been procrastinating. /strangles self

I know, this is a boring chapter. Mian. I'm also having mood swings. Gah =_=

But, thank you for making me happy just by commenting below. Seriously. :') Keep on doing that. You don't know how blessed you are making other people happy, even just by doing those small things. It means that you're motivating them to work harder. I really appreciate those. And I want to thank all of you for that. :)

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Although I don't know you in real life and I don't know how many times I've already said this but still, I love you. ♥ Please do wait for my next update~