Chapter 9

Clutter & Douchebag

Me and Byunghun sat under a tree at the school’s garden. We have gotten so close that fast. We both have similarities and some hobbies we both like to do.

“I honestly think that you’re the friendliest person I’ve ever met, and the bubbliest, too.” He said and cocked a smile. My cheeks flushed in pink and looked at the other direction so he wouldn’t see my red face.

 

At the back of some trees, I saw something moving. It wasn’t a thing. It’s more like a…human?

And I’m right, it’s a human. The person peeked at us and quickly hid. Who could that be? Fortunately, the person peeked again and I saw its face clearly. I inwardly chuckled. What is L doing in there? Is he spying or something?

 

Just then, Ljoe leaned in closer. I could feel butterflies getting in my stomach and my face is getting red as a tomato. I thought he was going to kiss me, but I was wrong. He got something from behind my back and put it in front of me.

“Here, take this. It’s a remembrance that you met the most handsome guy in school.” He smirked. I just laughed and took the flower from his hand.

“I gotta go. See you!” he winked before walking away.

I smiled at the flower he gave me. We just met yet he act like we’ve been friends for a long time. I put the flower inside my bag and fixed my stuffs.

 

I was cooking ramyun and meat when my phone rang. I skipped to the living room where I left it and answered it without looking at the caller’s id.

“Yeobeoseyo?”

“~~~~~-ah!” the person on the other line spoke. I recognized it. It was appa. I can hear him sniffing.

“Appa! Why did you call just now?”

“I was busy at work.”

“How are you doing? Do you eat well? Is the weather fine?” I bombarded him questions. Here I am again. I just feel so worried about him. I heard him sniff. No wonder he has cold.

“I’m fine, ~~~~~. Of course I eat well. The weather is fine as we—achoo!” he sneezed.

“Appa, are you sure you’re okay? You don’t sound like it. Appa, please get more rest. I swear I’m going to go there and—“

“~~~~~-ah, it’s okay! Everything is going well. I just caught some cold. It’s not that severe. Don’t worry, sweetie.” I just sighed. Why am I so worried? You trust him, right? There’s no problem with it.

“Arasso, appa.” I replied.

“I’m going now. I feel sleepy. Take care and study well! Annyeong.”

“Annyeong appa! I miss you.” I responded and both of us hung up. I bit my lip and stared at my phone. I hope he would get more rest.

 

Just then, I heard crackling sounds.

“Oh no! My meat is burning!” I rushed to the kitchen and opened the cover. I was out of my mind that I forgot the handle’s hot. I winced in pain and dropped the cover. The cover shattered into pieces as I blew on my red palm.

“Aish! Pabo!” I turned off the stove and grabbed an ice pack and massage it on my palm.

“Pabo, ~~~~~.” I muttered.

Some people said that when you broke something, especially porcelain stuffs, something bad will happen.

“Aish, it’s not true. It’s just mild stupidity or accident.”

 

I sweeped the shattered pieces of glass on the floor and took the ramyun and cooked meat with me in the living room

I was browsing through the channels and there’s nothing interesting to watch. I already finished my homeworks early and did some chores. I’m not yet tired or sleepy. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I furrowed my eyebrows and head to the door.

*Who could that be?* I thought before swinging the door open.

“Annyeong!” the person beamed.

“Oh, Jiyeon unnie!” I gave her a bear hug.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her as I pulled away.

“Oh nothing important. I just want to see if you’re doing okay because you’re alone, right?” she replied. I just nodded in understanding and led her inside.

 

Both of us chatted and she said that she will have an overnight stay here.

“Jiyeon unnie, what exactly the reason you’re here?” I asked her as we were fixing the mattress. We decided to sleep in the living room because we thought it’s cozy. She heaved out a sigh and said,

“Me and umma argued over something. She scolds me for being careless at the customers at our shop.”

I frowned a little at her response. I patted her back in comfort and flashed an amusing smile. She smiled back and we both drove to dreamland.

 


Chapter 10 sneak peek:

I was glancing at L but instead, Suzy and I met eyes. 

“Why does the other Infinite member’s avoiding me? I mean they’re acting weird. Do you know why? Did I do something wrong?” I asked. 

Am I…..falling for him?