Chapter 11

Clutter & Douchebag

We stopped in front of the stadium’s door. I tilted my head and looked at Byunghun.

“Why are we here? I thought we’re going to finish our project?” I asked him.

“I changed my mind. We could just finish that soon. It’s still due to next, next week, so no worries.” He replied with a grin. I laughed a little and continued to stare at him. Why is he so good looking?

 

Byunghun opened the door and dragged me to the stage.

“Do you want to play the piano?” he asked. I nodded without hesitating. I would love to play the piano. It’s my favourite thing to do when I have free time and it’s been a long time since I didn’t play it.

I sat down the chair in front of the piano. Slowly, I opened the cover of the keys. I smiled at it and looked at Byunghun.

“What do you want me to play?” I asked him.

“Hmm, anything you like. Make sure that’ll impress me.” He said and sat beside me. The chair was big enough for the two of us. I could feel my cheeks heating up when our arms brushed together. I thought of a song that is soothing to anyone’s ears. Then, my face lit up when I remembered my favourite Japanese song entitled “三日月 (Mikazuki)” by Ayaka. I know it’s old but I still love it. I pressed my fingers to its keys and started playing while singing to it.

 

L’s POV

I followed the both of them…but it’s not what you think it is! I’m just curious of what might happen. AISH! Why do I care? So what if they will do something? I don’t have the right to protect ~~~~~. Well, do I? Why do I feel an awkward atmosphere between them?

 

I was outside the stadium when they got in. Suddenly, I heard a song playing. Someone is playing the piano. I slowly opened the door and peeked in. Good thing their backs are facing me.

 

Slowly, I took a step forward. The sound of the piano soothes my ears. I can feel my eardrums relaxed than ever. I adjusted my eyes and watched ~~~~~ and Byunghun. They were both playing the piano.

I somehow felt a pang in my heart. This may be complicated but I don’t like Byunghun near her.

And, I never thought ~~~~~ could play the piano very well.

END OF L’s POV

 

I kept my eyes closed while playing it. I feel ease when I’m hiding behind my own eyelids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNKbm9zLVsQ&feature=fvsr

 

Zutto issho ni ita futari de aruita ipponmichi 
Futatsu ni wakarete betsubetsu no hou aruiteku 
Samishisa de afureta kono mune kakaete 
Ima ni mo nakidashisou na sora miagete 
Anata wo omotta ah, ah…

 

Surprisingly, Byunghun started to play along. I looked at him, puzzled. He just smiled and mumbled a ‘continue’.

 

Kimi ga inai yoru datte 
So no more cry mou nakanai yo 
Ganbatte iru kara ne tte 
Tsuyoku naru kara ne tte, oh 
Kimi mo mite iru darou 
Kono kiesou na mikadzuki 
Tsunagatte iru kara ne tte 
Ai eru kara ne tte, oh

 

Kondo itsu aerun darou sore made no denchi wa
Dakishimenagara itta anata no aieru no hitokoto

 

At the last line, Byunghun sang along.

 

Kimi ga inai yoru datte 

So no more cry mou nakanai yo 
Ganbatte iru kara ne tte 
Tsuyoku naru kara ne tte.

And we’re done.

I chuckled and looked at Byunghun.

“How do you know that song?” I asked him.

“It's famous here in Korea, right? And I liked ballads.” He replied.

“You’re good. You impressed me, honestly.” He added.

“You too. You have a nice voice.” I smiled at him. There was an awkward silence and I felt uneasy. We didn’t dare to say a word but fortunately, my phone rang.

“Oh, sorry, I gotta go. Annyeong!” I waved goodbye to Byunghun. He nodded and waved back.

*I want to play the piano with him again...*

 

I was outside the school. My phone rang once again and I picked it up.

“ Appa! What’s—“

“Hello? Uhm, no, this is not your appa.” the person on the other line said. I raised one of my eyebrows.

“Uh, then, who is this?” I asked as I started walking on my way to the bus stop.

“This is one of the doctors here in Malaysia general hospital. Please don’t be shocked when I say this.”

Doctor? Hospital? What happened?! I panicked and colds sweats are forming on my forehead. I was already inside the bus. I then asked the doctor to continue.

“Your dad, Mr. Choi and his officemates along with his boss got into a serious accident. Your father is in a critical condition right now. Among them, he’s the only one who survived. I’m sorry to say this.” The doctor explained.

My whole world came crashing down. My eyes widened and jaw dropped, lips trembling and body shaking. I wasn’t expecting this to happen, EVER in my life. I tried to speak but nothing came out from my mouth. Tears streamed down on both of my eyes.

This is just a nightmare…this isn’t happening…

“Hello? Are you still there?” the doctor spoke up. My head is buzzing and trails of thoughts are bothering me. I hung up and cried my heart out.

I rushed out of the bus and went inside the house. I shut the door closed and leaned on it. I slowly sat down and brought my knees to my chest and sobbed.

Serious accident…

Critical condition…

He’s the only one who survived…

 

Those phrases keep echoing on my head.

This is impossible. No, no. He’s the only one I have. Appa, please don’t leave me…