Chapter 25

Clutter & Douchebag

The cold breeze filled the hallway as I buried my face in my scarf. I was walking down the corridors as I spot something moving on the stairs.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I climb down the stairs, slowly and surely. My curiosity then turned into fury when I recognized the thing.

Myungsoo was there, stretching his arms. He probably just woke up.

He stood up and met eyes with me. "What?" he asked with that poker face of his.

"Nothing." I answered. There's a bit of annoyance in my tone, remembering what he did yesterday.

Myungsoo just nodded and passed by me. I shrugged and was about to make my way to the cafeteria when he spoke up,

"I saw you chasing Byunghun this morning. Is there something going on between you?" I choked at his words. What did he just asked?

I turned to him and saw the sudden change of his face. I practically shivered when I looked straightly in his eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but I can't seem to find the exact words for my response.

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. I quickly shook my head and said, "N-no. He was just teasing me."

He hummed in understanding and was about to walk away when he said, "Sorry about yesterday, by the way."

I just stood there and watched his figure disappear. "He said.........sorry to me?" I mumbled and scratched the back of my neck. He's acting weird today. Did something wrong happened?

-----

Time passed by quickly and today is already the day of our project taking place in Busan.

We've prepared everything beforehand and I could say Myungsoo.....well, he's still lazy and acts douchebag-ish but surprisingly, he helped us prepare for this project.

After taking a shower and drying myself up, I wore a white shirt with my name printed on the back and "Seoul University" printed in front. I grabbed my dark gray jeans and wore it before tying my hair in a clean ponytail. I let my fringe hang loosely on the side as I put on light make-up and sprayed perfume on me.

I let out a satisfied sigh, looking at my own reflection on the mirror. I grabed my bag and the paper bag that contains toys I wrapped myself.

"Good morning, appa!" I kissed appa's cheek as I sat down the chair across his. He smiled at me and offered me the toasted bread and milk. I thanked him and started munching on it.

"Appa, what do you want me to buy for you there?" I asked him.

"Hmm? Well, I don't want any objects or whatsoever. I just want you to be safe and plaster that smile of yours until you get home. That's all and I'm already satisfied and happy. " he grinned as I choke on my milk. Cheesy. I scoffed at his remark as he lightly flicked my forehead.

"Owh..." I rubbed the place where he flicked me.

"But honestly, I don't need anything. Just have fun and don't think about me for a while!" said appa, showing his gummy-smile. I frowned a little. How could I not think about him even for just a minute? I get worried a lot about someone being alone, especially when that person's ill and when he or she is someone very special to me. Once I got back to reality, I finished my breakfast and waited at the living room for Jieun to arrive.

I was playing with my phone when I heard the doorbell rang. I got up from the couch and approached the main door to open it. Once I opened the door, there stood a bright Jieun. "Good morning, ~~~~~-ah!" she beamed.

"Good morning, Jieun-ah! Come in, it's cold outside!" I greeted back and made a way for her. She thanked me as she roamed around our living room and looked at the whole house, wide-eyed. I was trailing behind her as I called her attention by tapping her shoulder.

"Oh, oh. Sorry! It's just that your house is really huge and beautiful! Who lives here other than you?" she asked, looking through the picture frames displayed on the cabinet.

"Well, only me and appa lives here." I answered. "Really? Where's your mom?" now she turned back at me. My heart sank when I heard her question. I was about to answer when she cut me off. "Oh don't answer that anymore. I just remembered that you told me the reason already." she lightly squeezed my shoulder as she gave me a reasurring smile. I smiled back as I looked at the clock.

"We should go now! But before you go, I'm gonna introduce you to appa." I dragged her to the dining area as I saw appa reading newspaper. Appa sensed our presence as he looked up and smiled.

"Appa, this is my best friend, Jieun." I said as Jieun bowed in respect.

"Hello, Jieun! It's nice to know you." "Hi, Mr. Choi! It's good to know you too!" I smiled at the sight of them. Jieun seems so comfortable around appa. Indeed, she is really friendly.

"We will go now. Take care, okay? Bye!" I waved at appa as he nodded in understanding. "Have fun!" he chimed.

 

When we were already outside the house, Jieun grabbed my hand and lead me to an unfamilliar car. She knocked on the window as I stood there, my eyebrows furrowed. The window then opened, revealing Sungjong with Dongwoo and Hoya beside him.

"Annyeong, ~~~~~! Surprised?" Sungjong said in delight as I nodded.

"Hey there guys! I never thought that you would also come and fetch me here."

"Well, we miss you so much and we already don't have the time to meet you at school." said Dongwoo. "Come in now! The other members are already waiting." Hoya said with a grin. I nodded and sat between Sungjong and Dongwoo. Good thing the car is big enough for us. The driver then started the engine and drove to school.

 

I was walking side by side with them on the way to the gate. Dongwoo offered me help in carrying the bag of toys as I agreed and thanked him.

A pool of students greeted us and we greeted back. We saw Sunggyu waving at us and we approached him.

"Okay guys! According to our campus president, all of us would be in the same bus." he said as the boys cheered.

"We just need to check if anyone is missing. Starting from me, Sungyeol, Woohyun...." he counted and stopped at me. What I realized about Infinite is one member is not there.

As if on cue, we heard someone shouting and running towards us. Myungsoo. I don't know why but I felt relieved when he came. It is as if my heart suddenly jumped. This is.....weird...

-----

I was looking out the window while listening to songs. I was mesmerized at the rays of sun shining down the hill and a lake where kids are playing.

I plugged my earphones out when Sunggyu called our attention. "Just a few miles more and we'll reach Busan soon!"

I went back to look outside the window when I remembered something that made me widen my eyes. I looked at the person beside me, which is Jieun, and asked her, "Will your brother come to Busan too? Where is he, by the way? I haven't seen him earlier. Is he going to come?" I was out of my mind. I didn't see Byunghun at school and I don't know why am I even acting like this.

Jieun practically jumped at my sudden action. "Y-yes, of course! He is in the orphanage right now with his other classmates to help the people prepare as they were assigned to." she answered. I slowly nodded as I sat back down and felt relieved. Why am I acting like this all of a sudden?

 

We reached our destination as we all got off the bus. I smiled and gazed at the blue sky before interlacing arms with Jieun.

We got inside the orphanage as we were greeted by the staffs. We greeted back and my eyes suddenly looked for the guy I've been looking for since this morning.

I frowned when I can't find Byunghun's presence. Jieun have left me as she was assigned to help and prepare the gifts. When I was about to go to the place where Jieun is, my eyes were covered. I jumped in shock as I touched the person's hands covering my eyes.

"Sungjong said that you were looking for me. Why is that?" the person asked me. Judging from the question, I already know who the person is.

"I-I was just.....nothing. I just...." my voice trailed off when I can't find the exact answer. The person then removed his hands as I turned around, my heart beating really fast.

"I know, I know. You miss me, don't you?" Byunghun said in a mocking tone. I could feel my cheeks turning light pink. I hung my head low to hide my burning cheeks.

"I-I-I don't! I was just worried that y-you might not come or something might've happened." I said in response. He just chuckled and I chuckled as well.

I looked up and a flower was held in front of me. I slowly took it, bringing it to my chest. "Thanks, Byunghun." I smiled.

"No problem. See you around!" he waved and gave a small wink. I was grinning the whole time and I could literally hear my own heartbeat. I should go and help the other staffs now.

-----

Myungsoo's POV

"Myungsoo-yah, could you please look for ~~~~~? I really need her help right now." Jieun pleaded. I hesitated whether should I follow or just ignore her because I feel so awkward. With my sudden change of personality around ~~~~~, why wouldn't I feel awkward?

And at the end, I nodded and started to roam around the orphanage.

I then spot someone. Her figure was roaming around as well but I couldn't tell who that person is. I took a step closer but stopped when Byunghun covered the girl's eyes.

I can faintly hear their conversation but when Byunghun removed his hands, I took the opportunity to look at the girl. And my heart sank. It's ~~~~~.

I  really don't know why my heart sank at that moment. It's like someone had shoot it with a gun.

I was about to in in the middle of their conversation when I saw ~~~~~'s face. She was happy. And she's actually.......blushing? I don't want to ruin her mood if I'm gonna act cold and ruin her conversation with the guy; the guy I know she really likes, so instead I left and went back to tell Jieun that I couldn't find ~~~~~.

I was helping Woohyun hyung and Sungyeol in putting decorations. When we were done, ~~~~~ came into the scene. I met her eyes as she put on a small smile. I quickly looked away. I couldn't help myself but to smile too.

-----

I gave Myungsoo a small smile when he and I met eyes, but then he just looked away. I felt a little disappointed when he didn't smile back. Does he even know how to smile? I just shrugged it off and waited for the children to come out.

And then, the party started. The children were really sweet and cheerful. Whenever I'm around them, they would hug my waist and even my legs. I also have read stories with Sungjong to a group of smaller kids. And what really surprised me is each one of them were thought how to play instruments. These kids are talented.

I was sitting on a chair and was looking around. The children were drawing and writing letters for the people who took care of them here in the orphanage.

After that, we played various games with the kids. Sunggyu, being the oldest and the cutest (according to the children), was attacked by them at this certain game. I can't help but laugh at his reaction.

When he came back to us, his face was filled with drawings.

"Wow hyung, nice make-up!" said Sungyeol that made all of us crack. Sunggyu looked at us in disbelief.

"This is really nice. It's a drawing of Sunggyu hyung's long lost brother." Woohyun pointed to a drawn hamster on Sunggyu's cheek. And once again, we burst into laughter. Dongwoo's contagious laugh really echoed through the room.

"Y-you guys. Why are you like that?" Sunggyu whined as he playfully stomped his foot.

"It's because you're not sensitive like others who would cry if someone will tease them." said Sungjong as we nodded in agreement.

"And, we're just being honest here. It's really fun teasing you, Kkeul Gyu." Hoya blurted that made Sunggyu rage, in a playful way of course. Sunggyu just head locked Hoya as we stopped them and continue the party.

 

I spot Byunghun with a group of children drawing on his face. I smiled and decided to join them.

"Wow, you guys are making a great drawing!" I complimented as they thanked me. Byunghun chuckled and said, "I thought them how to draw nicely. This is Lee Byunghun, also known as L.Joe! I'm multi-talented!" I giggled and shook my head in amusement. "Yeah, you're the one already. You're the best." I emphasized the last word as Byunghun pouted. Oh gosh, he's adorable!

"Mind if I join in?" I heard someone ask. I spun around and saw Myungsoo.

"Oh, y-yes sure." I could only nod my head. He sat down and the kids started drawing on his face.

While I was watching them, something caught my attention on Byunghun's face.

"W-why is my name written there?" I asked the children as they just giggled. I raised an eyebrow at Byunghun, waiting for an answer.

"It's because he said that you are his girlfriend!" one kid answered. My eyes widened as I looked at the laughing Byunghun. All I could do was explain to the kids.

"I-I am not his girlfriend! We're j-just that close---"

"She's not my girlfriend. But you know what? I think she WOULD be. Soon." Byunghun cut me off. The kids just went "Ohhh~" as I face palmed. I can't tell if he was just joking........or already getting serious about it.

-----

Myungsoo's POV

"It's because he said that you are his girlfriend!" that phrase got my attention. I looked at the source of voice and spot a kid. But what also caught my attention was ~~~~~ with her eyes widened.

"I-I am not his girlfriend! We're j-just that close---" ~~~~~ said but soon was cut off.

"She's not my girlfriend. But you know what? I think she would be. Soon." ......what?!

How could Byunghun say that? Does he like ~~~~~ too? I gulped, and I don't even know why I did that.

As soon as we were done, we fixed the things the kids used to draw on our faces and guided them. I still couldn't tell if Byunghun is being serious and if he likes ~~~~~ too...

 

Myungsoo and Byunghun washed their faces and all of us played one last game.

The kids roamed around to find hidden objects and the kids that have found one, they got a prize. After that game, we prepared the kids for lunch.

As I was distributing food to the children, I have found my eyes landing on Myungsoo.

He was talking to a little boy who seems so left out. Myungsoo bent down to the kid's level and pulled a chocolate from his pocket. He gave it to the boy as the boy smiled and gladly took the chocolate. Myungsoo ruffled the boy's hair and did the thing that I haven't seen for a long time; he smiled.

My heart soften at them. It's like this is the first time that I've seen Myungsoo being sweet to someone, which is a bit true. A smile crept up my face as I continued on giving lunches to the children, the image of Myungsoo smiling visible in my mind.