Anniversary

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura glanced back at the ladies' room entrance to check if the little woman is still there.

 

She's one of the girls Hyunjin introduced yesterday. What was her name again?

 

"Sakura..."

 

She turned around and saw the other girl the beautiful one was with yesterday. "Oh, hey."

 

"Do you still remember me?"

 

Sakura squinted her eyes. "Mmm, Hyewon, right?"

 

It made the woman clap her hands in joy. "I'm glad you remember!"

 

"Of course. So, this is where you're at?"

 

"Yes. We're located at the center of this floor. Minju is sitting across mine," said Hyewon, pointing at the table behind her.

 

Sakura shifted her eyes to where Hyewon is pointing and saw a table with lots of stuffed toys. The biggest of them is a green frog.

 

"You remember her, right? She's the girl who's with me yesterday," asked Hyewon.

 

Yeah, she's the one in the ladies' room a while ago.

 

"Yeah, I remember. I can tell she likes stuffed toys, eh?" said Sakura.

 

"She's a kid at heart," Hyewon whispers, "but sometimes a monster."

 

Sakura chuckled. "That's cute, though. So, she's fond frogs?"

 

"Yeah, she loves them so much. How about you, what are the things you're fond of?"

 

"Mmm. I love taking pictures."

 

"Pictures? Like portraits?"

 

"Yeah, it's a hobby since I was in high school. Guess I've developed a skill out of it," said Sakura, resting both her arms on the terminal.

 

"That's interesting. What are your subjects then?" Hyewon stood up from her chair so they could talk closer.

 

"Anything interesting; nature, landscapes, animals; but I’m more focused on humans."

 

Hyewon's face lit up. "Wow. That's cool. If I may ask, why humans?"

 

"All cool,” said Sakura, smiling. "I just find contentment from looking at a human shot, a smiling human to be exact. I love smiles."

 

Hyewon kept nodding. "Do you think I can be one of your models?"

 

"Yeah, you sure to be not the camera-shy type."

 

Hyewon giggled after hearing that. "Of course I'm not. Do you usually prefer taking pictures outdoors or indoors?"

 

"I do both. I travel before to take outdoor pictures. As for indoors, I don’t have a studio yet so I usually do it in my place. "

 

Hyewon’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. "You live alone?"

 

"Mmm-mmm."

 

"Where do you live then?"

 

Sakura held off answering after getting a glimpse of Minju from her peripheral vision. Unconsciously, she was expecting a little welcome from this person. To her surprise, Minju just walked past them and went straight to her terminal without even saying hi.

 

Getting a bit disappointed, Sakura turned back to Hyewon and decided to play it cool. "Just around the corner."

 

"Oh. I bet you've already brought a lot of girls in your apartment," Hyewon teased.

 

"Huh? No. No. I'm not that type of person.” Sakura chuckled as she shakes her head. She instinctively looked at Minju and noticed that the latter's head is slightly tilted to Hyewon's direction.

 

"I hate to say this, but with that looks of yours, I don't believe you, Sakura," said Hyewon.

 

"Haha! I'm not like that. I do things professionally."

 

"Fine, if you say so. By the way, do you have plans later after work?"

 

"Yup. Why?" Sakura took one last quick glance and noticed that Minju is already doing something on her computer.

 

"Going out with friends on a Friday night?"

 

"Something like that. Why do you ask?"

 

"I'm planning to shop around after work. I was just wondering if you'd like to go with me?" said Hyewon, smiling widely.

 

"Uh, well, I'd love to, but I can't cancel this one. It's an anniversary celebration," said Sakura shyly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter