Quiz

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was midweek, two days before the trip, when Sakura received a chat message from Minju.
 
"Sakura, I realized this just now. Have you booked our room yet?"
 
Sakura giggled. The term 'our room' is too much for her to take. Just imagining that she'll be alone with Minju in a room sends her into a frenzy.
 
Sakura typed in her reply. "Chaewon took care of it for us."
 
"Wow. Your ex is very generous, huh?"
 
"She said it's her late graduation gift for me. And she's not my ex."
 
"Oh, really (•_•)"
 
Sakura chuckled. "Btw, our check-in date is on Friday night. We'll check out Sunday noon."
 
"So, we'll drive straight there after office on Friday?"
 
"Something like that. Travel time would take 3 to 5 hours."
 
"That means you must pick me up on Friday before going here to the office. I don't want to carry my things up here."
 
Sakura still can't believe that this is happening: a trip with Minju alone. This is way better than a date. Plus, the fact that they need to pretend as a couple really makes it the best trip she'd sign up for.
 
"Sakura, could you come with me later?"
 
"Where to?"
 
"Shopping. I still have to buy some things for the trip. I'm sure Hyewon will just annoy me with too many questions if I take her."
 
"I understand. I think it's a perfect idea. We still need to talk about some details concerning the questions that Chaewon might throw at us. A little practice or rehearsal would help."
 
"Oh yeah. Let's talk about that over dinner?"
 
An idea popped into Sakura's mind. "Is it okay if we'll drop by a flower shop before we go to dinner? I'm making a reservation for Chaewon."
 
"Sure. I'll see you later at the parking area after five o'clock."
 
"Got it."
 
---
 
"Hey, Sakura. Look at this!" Minju tugged the taller woman when she saw a stand featuring the cherry-flavored edible lipstick they worked on before.
 
"This was our first project together, right?" Minju picked one item and raised it between their faces.
 
Sakura looked speechless. It was when the blush was evident on Sakura's face when Minju realized what the other woman could be thinking. Minju's eyes automatically landed on Sakura's lips, remembering what happened last Friday in the latter's car.
 
They never talked about it when they met in the office after the weekend.
 
Unknown to Sakura, Minju's face was burning red that night when she went out of the car. There's no better way she could think of to get back at Chaewon who had surely pushed Minju almost on the edge.
 
That night, after getting inside her house and finally closing the door, Minju slowly slid down the wall into a sitting position. She was glad that her mom was upstairs because she doesn't know how to handle her heart beating wildly against her chest.
 
"Look, that's the tagline you've thought of, right?" said Sakura this time.
 
Minju looked at where Sakura was pointing. "Make him crave for more."
 
"Cool, huh?" Sakura nudged her. "I told you, you've done a great job on that."
 
Minju raised again the lipstick on her hand to observe it.
 
"I wonder," said Sakura, looking at the lipstick, "does it really taste like a cherry?"
 
Minju looked at Sakura with a devious smile. "."
 
"What? I didn't mean it that way!"
 
Minju smirked. "I didn't say you mean it that way. I'm just teasing you." She turned around and walked away.
 
"Where are you going?"
 
Minju waved the lipstick in the air. "I'm buying this."
 
Sakura smiled. "Oh, Minju."
 
---
 
Cling! Cling! Cling!
 
Sakura was surprised by the sound of the chime bells when she opened the door to the flower shop.
 
She met eyes with the woman at the counter who's already looking at her.
 
"Sakura!" Eunbi exclaimed, striding towards the new customer to give a powerful hug. "You're here! Look at you, you're so cute!"
 
Sakura laughed. "You look fine yourself, Eunbi."
 
Eunbi removed her hands she realized Sakura has company. "Hello there."
 
Sakura turned to her colleague. "Eunbi, this is Minju, my friend. Minju, this is Eunbi, she's a good friend of mine too."
 
"Hi, Eunbi." Minju made a small wave.
 
"Wow. Sakura was right, you're beautiful!"
 
Minju looked at Sakura who cleared .
 
"Well, Sakura has been telling me about some of her colleagues she's really fond of." Eunbi nudged Sakura. "Your one of those people she talks about."
 
"Right. Right." Sakura nodded. She turned to Eunbi. "By the way, I'd like to reserve for a bouquet of white and purple Tulips. I'll be picking it up Friday afternoon."
 
"Tulips? A good choice. May I know what the occasion is?" Eunbi walked back to the counter.
 
"It's for the birthday of an old friend. I believe I already mentioned Chaewon to you, right? Tulips are her favorite."
 
"For Chaewon? Yeah. I remember." Eunbi typed something on her laptop. "Are you still going out this weekend with them?"
 
"Yes. With Minju here." Sakura gestured to the smaller woman.
 
"Cool! I heard it's a nice place. I hope you two enjoy it." Eunbi smiled.
 
Sakura looked around the shop. "You have a nice place here, Eunbi."
 
"Thanks, I'm glad you liked it."
 
"But I think you should improve your signage outside. It's kinda hard to notice."
 
"I'm planning to, but I don't know what design to do yet."
 
Sakura looked back at Eunbi. "I can create designs for you."
 
Eunbi looked up. "You can? That would be great."
 
"Yeah. That's what I do at work."
 
Eunbi showed her grin, flashing out her pearl white teeth.
 
---
 
"I'm hungry now, Sakura..." said Minju after they stepped out of Eunbi's shop.
 
Sakura unlocked the car and checked her wristwatch. She realized that it's almost seven in the evening. "Where do you want to eat?"
 
"I don't know..."
 
"You don't know? I guess that restaurant is hard to find."
 
Minju stomped. "Sakura!"
 
Sakura laughed. "Haha! Sorry, sorry. What are you craving for, your highness?"
 
Minju placed a finger on her chin and frowned. "I don't know..."
 
"Mmm... pasta?" Sakura made a wild guess to help. Minju shook her head. "Hmm. Chicken? What, you still don't know? How about Chinese food?"
 
Minju shook her head again.
 
Sakura got even more confused. "You don't like it or you don't know if you like it?"
 
"I don't know..." Minju jutted her lower lip out in a pout.
 
Sakura scratched her head. "You're gonna be one difficult girlfriend, Minju."
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter