Closure

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining all day. Sakura was about to go home after her class.
 
"Ugh. I hate this! My shoes and socks are soaked!"
 
Unfortunately, her black umbrella wasn't big enough to shield her shoes from the rain. What's making it worse is her heavy backpack. She hated the fact that being a college freshman means bringing more and bigger books.
 
"I really need to convince dad to buy me a car soon."
 
She walked past the school gate. On her way to the bus station, she noticed a girl, maybe about her age, shedding under a pharmacy store. She looked like she's worried or lost.
 
"We're from the same school."
 
She met eyes with the girl for a fraction of a second. Although the girl took her eyes away immediately, Sakura had a gut feeling that this girl needs help. The girl is shedding in that store with no umbrella in her hand, not even one in the area. Sakura decided to help.
 
"Hi there, schoolmate." Sakura smiled.
 
The girl looked hesitant but Sakura's charm seems to have won over her. "Hi."
 
Sakura closed her umbrella to shed. "It looks like you're stuck in here."
 
"Kinda."
 
"You forgot to bring your umbrella?"
 
The girl shook her head as she ran her fingers through her hair. "No. Somebody stole it."
 
"What? Seriously?" Sakura tried her best not to laugh at the idea of umbrellas being stolen. "Where did you leave it?"
 
"There," said the girl, pointing at the wall. "I left my umbrella there to buy medicine. It was already gone when I turned around."
 
"Oh. That's too bad..."
 
"Who would steal an old ugly umbrella, anyway? Ugh!" the girl yowled in frustration.
 
Sakura rested both her hands on the top of the umbrella handle. "The thing is umbrella's value increases significantly during rainy days."
 
Although it wasn't her intention to make it sound like a joke, the girl chuckled. "Are you saying that my ugly umbrella turned into a pretty dazzling one because it rained?"
 
"Yeah. Something like that."
 
"Eeeeeee... I need to go home by 4:30 because Azzo needs to take her medicines on time."
 
"Azzo? Your sister?"
 
The girl chuckled in response. "No. She's my dog. She's sick."
 
"Oh. Well, in that case," said Sakura, lifting her umbrella, "I can offer you a ride to the bus station if you'd like to."
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah, what are schoolmates for, right?"
 
"Oh, thank goodness! You're a life-saver!" The girl hugged Sakura with no warning.
 
"Okay." Sakura opened her umbrella when the girl pulled away. "Let's go?"
 
"Umm. Could you tell me your name first, my dearest schoolmate?"
 
"Of course." Sakura offered her right hand. "I'm Sakura. It's nice meeting you...?"
 
"Chaewon," said the girl, shaking Sakura's hand back. "My name is Chaewon, and it's nice to meet you too, Sakura."
 
---
 
Minju found herself in the hotel's main lobby, busy drying her arms with a handkerchief after she got caught in the rain. There was an eerie feeling that someone is staring at her. And to her surprise, Chaeyeon was walking towards her.
 
"Minju? What are you doing here alone?"
 
"I went outside for a walk. How are you?"
 
"I'm good. I'm about to check out now." Chaeyeon pointed at the reception area. "Why are you alone? Where's Sakura?"
 
"Um... she's... she's in our room."
 
"What the hell is she doing in your room leaving you alone here?"
 
"She's alone with Chaewon..."
 
Chaeyeon looked shocked. "Are you serious? Wait. Did those two asked you to leave them alone?"
 
Minju shook her head. "No, it was me who volunteered to stay out for them to talk."
 
"Hmm. Are you okay with that?"
 
Minju shrugged. "Why won't I be?"
 
Chaeyeon sighed and glanced at her watch. "Come on. Let's have something to eat before I go."
 
---
 
Sakura got distracted when she heard the hard pitter-patter of the rain on the balcony door. The idea of Minju being outside alone is bothering her.
 
But this isn't the right time to think about Minju. Chaewon just told her the missing link that could be the root of why all these things are happening now. It's not that she doesn't have an idea about it; it's just that she's not expecting to hear such a confession. If this confession happened a year ago, they'll surely end up together. But things are too complicated for both of them now.
 
"And even after all that had happened to us. I'm still not sure what you've really felt for me," said Chaewon, head down.
 
"But I--"
 
"What, you're going to tell me you love me?" asked Chaewon. "I knew there is something between us before, but I don't see it in you. It's not just about your studies. Like I told you, I don't think you're even serious about me."
 
"What are you saying?" Sakura grasped Chaewon's arms. "You were everything to me before. What we had before, that was real."
 
"It may be. But it isn't the same thing you have with Minju now, right?"
 
Sakura bit her lip when she heard that name.
 
"I have all the reason to be jealous of her." Chaewon smiled. "You were my first love, Kkura. I don't understand how you could stay in an unofficial relationship with me for four years and be with her for real in just a few months."
 
"Chaewon..."
 
"Am I that easy to forget?"
 
"Of course, not. Why are you asking me that?"
 
"Because honestly, I'm still not completely over you yet."
 
Sakura sighed and shook her head. "Why... why are you telling all of these to me now?"
 
"I need to let it all out." Chaewon exhaled. "I felt like I meant nothing to you when I found out you and Minju are dating. The idea of you getting over me that fast is killing me."
 
"But you have Felix, right?"
 
"I know. That's why I'm mad at myself." Chaewon covered her face with her palms. "I don't know how you could easily forget about me while here I am still thinking of you even I'm with somebody else now."
 
"You think this is easy for me?" asked Sakura. "You have no idea what I went through when you left. You don't have the slightest idea of how messy my life was."
 
That made Chaewon look back to her.
 
"And you might not believe this but you still have something left in me here." Sakura pointed at her chest. "I'm still having a hard time dealing with it especially now that I'm seeing you."
 
"But you love Minju, right?"
 
"I do. But it's confusing." Sakura sighed.
 
Chaewon touched Sakura's cheek. "Don't worry. I'm experiencing the same exact thing."
 
"Do you really love Felix?"
 
"I do. I love him," said Chaewon sincerely. "I may not be as sweet as your girlfriend but he's everything to me now. I might even go crazy if he'll leave me."
 
"He doesn't know about us, right?"
 
Chaewon shook her head. "What is there to tell if we were never official?"
 
Sakura smiled. She glanced out the balcony. "It's kinda confusing. We love our partners but we're both not completely over each oth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter