Closer

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey. What's up, Pepe?"

 

Minju is definitely surprised. She never thought she'd be relieved to hear someone call her Pepe at that moment.

 

"W-what are you doing here?"

 

"I was about to ask you the same thing." Sakura took a sip from the bottle she's holding.

 

"Are you following me?"

 

"Excuse me, following you? I should be the one asking you that."

 

Realizing what Sakura said, Minju played with the handkerchief in her hands. "H-how long have you been here?"

 

"An hour ago, before you came running here like a lost child."

 

"Oh. I didn't notice you earlier."

 

"I figured that out." Apparently, Sakura had seemed to camouflaged in the dark with her black hooded jacket and black shorts.

 

Minju said nothing. A minute ago, she was worried Sakura would spend the night with Hyewon--she's not sure why she's worried in the first place--and now she feels relieved to see Sakura just in front of her boozing on a liquor.

 

With no warning, Sakura gently threw a small towel on Minju's face. "Dry yourself up, you're a mess."

 

Minju frowned at the towel, wondering why Sakura is being nice to her.

 

"Don't worry. I haven't used that one yet, princess."

 

"Oh... thanks..." Minju couldn't understand why the endearment sounded sweeter this time. "So, what are you doing here alone?"

 

"Just thinking about some random stuff. You?"

 

"I was on the phone with my mom before it rained."

 

"Ahhh."

 

"I, uh, I thought you will be with Hyewon tonight."

 

Sakura gave her a confused look. "In your room?"

 

"Yup."

 

"What am I gonna do in your room then?"

 

"Well, you know... Hyewon giving you a real hickey?"

 

Sakura was about to drink from the bottle but she stopped. "Seriously? Do you really think I'd do that?"

 

Minju nodded. She lied.

 

"What? Are you kidding me?" Sakura put the bottle down. "I won't do something like that, at least not with a random person."

 

"Well, I thought you and Hyewon were..."

 

"We're what?"

 

"I don't know... flirting?"

 

Sakura laughed. "C'mon, Minju, seriously? Do you really think of me like that?"

 

Minju nodded hesitantly. "W-weren't you?"

 

"The last time I checked, the term 'being nice' is not synonymous with 'flirting'."

 

"You can't blame me. You're too nice to Hyewon, well, to all your fangirls actually. I thought you're just playing with everyone."

 

"Well, can't I be nice to people who were nice to me too?"

 

Minju pouted. "I guess you could say that." She sat on the table with her back facing Sakura. "Sorry."

 

"For?"

 

"For having that kind of impression on you."

 

"No worries. Were you thinking I was flirting with you too?"

 

"I didn't mean it that way." Minju knitted her brows.

 

"Ooh, do you think you're seducible?" Sakura lightly poked her back.

 

"Arg! I hate you!"

 

Sakura stood up and walked towards Minju, one hand in her pocket. "And what was that fangirls you mentioned a while ago?"

 

"I won't believe you if you would say that you're not aware of how many girls are swooning over you," said Minju, running her palms up and down her arms, trying to create warm friction from the cold weather.

 

Sakura looked at her in silence before motioning the tip of the bottle on the empty space beside Minju. "Do you mind?"

 

Minju shook her head.

 

"Thanks." She sat beside Minju, slowly squeezing her body to hers, their backs touching.

 

Minju would have contested but the warm feeling of the jacket against her body made her shut up. She knew Sakura's just trying to make her feel warmer.

 

Silence hangs between them as the rain continues pouring.

 

"Can I stay close for a while?" asked Minju.

 

Sakura nodded. "I would have lent you my jacket but that'll leave me ."

 

Minju chuckled. "You're funny."

 

Sakura side-glanced her. "Funny and flirty, huh?"

 

"Just funny." Minju noticed the red mark on Sakura's cheek. "Hey. Does this one still hurt?"

 

"A bit."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter