Missed

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Were you the one who just called Sakura?"
 
Sakura shifted her eyes to Minju who's as speechless as her. She doesn't know if she's hallucinating or not, but Minju's eyes were on her and Kaeun's linked arms.
 
"Yes," said Minju.
 
Kaeun's grip on Sakura's arm tightened. "So, you're the one Sakura is going out with today?"
 
Sakura swallowed. Admitting something like that might give the intern a wrong idea about them.
 
"Yes," came Minju's response.
 
Kaeun looked back and forth to Sakura and Minju, slowly disentangling their arms.
 
"We're supposed to talk about our new project," continued Minju in her authoritative tone. "It's not like what you're thinking, Kaeun. It's a business meeting, not a date."
 
"I'm sorry." Kaeun bowed.
 
Sakura felt relieved knowing they could get rid of Kaeun now.
 
"But if it's about a task can I still tag along so I could learn more, Ms. Minju?" Kaeun, who seemed to have found another way to include herself in, asked them.
 
Sakura takes in a deep breath.
 
"Sure. But on one condition..." Minju walked towards them. "We should bring along Jaehwan too."
 
"Me?" Jaehwan pointed at himself.
 
"Yes. You're an intern too, right?" asked Minju. "You'll get something out of this so you should tag along."
 
"Oh. Okay."
 
Sakura puffed her cheeks.
 
Great. Her date has just been ruined.
 
---
 
Sakura is utterly disappointed.
 
She's been missing Minju so much that she mustered all the courage to finally ask the girl out. It is her way of gauging if something is wrong with the two of them, or if something has really changed.
 
Although she has no plans of confessing, Sakura hoped that the night would end like how their nights ended in Haeundae: full of laughter, teasing, and just pure sweetness. However, all of those expectations are far from what's happening.
 
Instead of waiting alone in her car for Minju, they are now walking together in the parking area along with two chaperones.
 
To make it worse, Kaeun is walking ahead of them aiming for the front seat.
 
Sakura smacked her own thigh due to frustration. What could be worse? Having two chaperones with them while her supposed-to-be-date will sit at the back?
 
Just as she thought, when she unlocked the car with her remote, Kaeun grabbed the door to the front seat.
 
"Back seat," said Minju, approaching the car. "You better sit beside Jaehwan."
 
Sakura tried to repress a smile while. Kaeun didn't object and went to the back seat immediately.
 
Sometimes Minju's bossy aura has its perks.
 
"So, where to?" asked Minju after she shut the door on her side.
 
"Craving for anything at the moment?" asked Sakura.
 
"Not really. Can we just eat somewhere near so we could go home right after?" said Minju, busy buckling her seatbelt.
 
"Oh. Yeah. Sure." Sakura pushed down the handbrake after starting the engine.
 
Great. This is just great.
 
---
 
They had their meal in a Japanese restaurant.
 
Like what Minju said, the meal was full of discussion and brainstorming about the next campaign they will work on. Sakura didn't enjoy much of it because she felt like they are still working instead of enjoying the Friday night. She was not in the best mood towards the end of their meal. She knew that they are all going home after dinner. All her efforts ended in futile.
 
"Sakura, are you all right?" asked Kaeun.
 
Sakura looked up. "Huh?"
 
"Are you okay? You seem to be quiet," asked Minju, placing a hand on Sakura's leg.
 
Sakura's attention shifted to what Minju did. She looked at Jaehwan and Kaeun across to check if there is a way they could see what's happening under the table.
 
"I was just thinking of what to do after we go home," said Sakura, secretly hoping Minju won't move her hand away soon.
 
"Why? You don't want to go home yet?" Minju rubbed her thumb against Sakura's thigh this time.
 
Sakura's heart fluttered. "I guess I just want more out of tonight. I'm gonna be all alone in my apartment if we go home now."
 
Minju turned to the two interns, her hand stayed still. "I think we could go somewhere else after we drive home these two first."
 
Sakura saw a gleam of hope with that. Could they be thinking of the same thing?
 
"We could still give you company. The more the merrier, right?" said Kaeun, draining all Sakura's excitement. "It's Friday. Let's go hang out somewhere else."
 
"Nah. You kids should go home now," said Sakura.
 
"Kids?" Kaeun cocked her head aside. "For your information, I'm already in my twenties. And you're like what, a year or two older than I am? Jaehwan and I are graduating from college after this internship. I don't see any reason you two should consider us as minors."
 
Sakura and Minju looked at each other and sighed. Minju rubbed her palm on Sakura's leg, signaling she'll handle it.
 
"Where do you guys want to go then?" said Minju.
 
"Karaoke!" Kaeun enthusiastically answered, raising her clenched fists in the air.
 
"She's a frustrated singer, guys. You'd have to bear with her," warned Jaehwan, earning himself a playful punch from Kaeun.
 
"What do you think?" Minju asked Sakura.
 
Sakura let out another loud sigh and stared at the two interns. Jaehwan had a whatever-you-want-to-decide look while Kaeun had those pleading eyes.
 
Sakura gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter