Confession

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Guys, let's have some fun tonight." Chaeyeon placed the Aftershock bucket at the center of the table.
 
Chaewon picked up a shot glass from the bucket and realized what was brought to them. "Wow, Chaeyeon. You wanna get smashed up tonight?"
 
"Well, it's not every day we get to see each other like this, you now."
 
"But you're still driving home, aren't you?"
 
"I changed my mind. I'll be getting a room here for tonight."
 
"Yeah, you better. I don't want drunk-driving accidents happening anymore," said Chaewon, raising an eyebrow.
 
Chaeyeon burst into a loud guffaw. She high-fived Chaewon. "That's my girl!"
 
"Jeez. You guys are bullying me," said Sakura as she sits beside Minju.
 
"Are you going to drink too?" Chaeyeon asked Minju, handling a shot glass to Sakura.
 
Minju smiled sheepishly. "I have low alcohol tolerance. I don't want Sakura carrying me back to our room later."
 
"Come one. Let's all get wasted tonight." Chaeyeon raised another shot glass for Minju to take.
 
"Nah. Let's not force her to drink," said Sakura. "Remember the last time she got drunk? She couldn't walk on her own because her legs were numb. The next morning, she can't remember a thing that happened."
 
"Yeah. Let Minju pass for now so she could carry Sakura back to their room," said Felix, laughing.
 
Minju pulled Sakura by her arm. "Felix has a point. If Sakura is planning to drink, I might as well watch over her later."
 
Chaeyeon's eyebrows rose. "Ooh. That's so sweet of you, Minju." She winked at Sakura.
 
Sakura knew what it meant. She turned to Minju when the latter tapped her arm. "Hmm?"
 
Minju leaned closer and lowered her voice, "What took you so long?"
 
This is one of those moments when Sakura feels like they aren't pretending. "Sorry. Chaeyeon and I had a short talk."
 
"Just don't leave me again like that. Take me with you then," said Minju, unaware that she's jutting her lower lip out.
 
Sakura knew that this is a good sign for her confession later. Who knows, Minju might say yes to her.
 
---
 
They finally decided to call it a night after two hours.
 
"So... we had a blast, guys..." said Chaeyeon, trying hard to get up from her chair. She walked towards Sakura and Minju to give both a hug. "I totally enjoyed tonight."
 
"Where are you going?" asked Minju.
 
"I need to go ahead. I gotta book a room..." Chaeyeon walked towards Chaewon and Felix this time, struggling to maintain her balance.
 
"You're gonna... book... a room? Can you... even walk... without stumbling?" said Sakura, still trying to act cool even if she's wasted as Chaeyeon. She knows she got it bad because the room won't stop spinning.
 
"How about you, how are you feeling now?" asked Minju, leaning closer to Sakura, trying to get a view of her face.
 
"I'm so dizzy, baby. Ugh. I feel nauseous..." Sakura leaned down on the table, resting her head against her arms.
 
"Let's get back to our room then." Minju ruffled Sakura's hair. "Can you even walk?"
 
"Give me a few more minutes to rest... I'm so dizzy..."
 
"Happy birthday, Wonnie..." Chaeyeon went to hug Chaewon and Felix. "I had a great night..."
 
"Thanks. You think you can book a room yourself?" asked Chaewon who's slightly drunk too.
 
"I got it..." Chaeyeon raised her thumb. She took a few steps but ended up holding onto a chair for support.
 
Chaewon raised her head from her boyfriend's shoulder. "I think you better assist her, Felix."
 
"Yeah, I think you're right. Didn't know the three of you could drink like that." He chuckled. "Could you stand or do you want me to come back here for you later?"
 
"I'm dizzy. Pick me up after, please?"
 
"No probs." Felix looked at Minju who's rubbing Sakura's back. "Minju, could you help me assist Chaeyeon for a while? We'll get back here ASAP to pick up these two drunkards."
 
"Sure." Minju leaned closer to Sakura again. "We'll just assist Chaeyeon and will be back, okay?"
 
Sakura grabbed her arm. "Make it quick, honey... okay? I've got something to tell you..."
 
Minju smiled. "I will be back before you know it."
 
---
 
"All right. I'll talk to the receptionist to book a room for her. I'll be back," said Felix after they assisted Chaeyeon to sit on the couch in the hotel reception area.
 
"Okay. We'll be waiting here," said Minju.
 
Unfortunately, due to some unknown circumstances, booking a room at this hour is taking them more time than usual. Minju is staring at the wall clock near the entrance. They have been waiting there for over fifteen minutes and Felix is still talking to the staff.
 
"Tsk." Minju rubbed her neck irritably.
 
"You seem weary..." Chaeyeon murmured from the side.
 
Minju turned to look at Chaeyeon, surprised the latter is still awake. "I'm just wondering why it's taking them long."
 
Chaeyeon slightly tilted her head to observe Minju. "You look like you're worried about something else..."
 
"Well, I'm worried about Sakura. I left her alone there with Chaewon."
 
"They wouldn't go anywhere, Minju. They're both drunk."
 
"I know. But Sakura is waiting for me to get back there."
 
Chaeyeon shifted her body to face Minju. "Are you really worried about Sakura or are you more worried about the idea that Chaewon is alone with her?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"I'm just wondering. You two were only pretending in front of Chaewon, right?"
 
"Y-yeah. Why?"
 
Chaeyeon pointed a finger at Minju's henna tattoo. "Then why do I feel like everything is real?"
 
Minju couldn't answer. Good thing Chaeyeon finally passed out after that.
 
---
 
Sakura is still resting her head on the table when she felt someone sat beside her.
 
"Minju... let's go back to our room now..." she said, groping for that person's hand and squeezing it. "I've got something important to tell you..."
 
"She isn't here yet, Kkura." Chaewon squeezed her hand back.
 
Sakura raised her head and let go of Chaewon's hand immediately.
 
"Oh... sorry..." She went back re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter