Lunch

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday noon. Minju, Hyewon, and Chani were going down for lunch.
 
"Ms. Minju." The male security guard approached as they were heading to the elevator area. "I was about to call you. A visitor of yours just came in."
 
Not expecting anyone to visit her, Minju whipped her head to the reception area only to see Hangyul sitting there, smiling at her.
 
"What is he doing here?" Minju gritted her teeth.
 
"What's the matter?" asked Hyewon, noticing her friend's turmoil. She followed Minju's line of sight and saw a slender guy already approaching them.
 
"Hey..." he said.
 
"Oh my gosh, a hottie," Chani whispered.
 
Minju elbowed Chani subtly. "Hangyul, it's a surprise to see you here."
 
"Sorry for coming here unannounced." He scratched his nape. "I had a meeting just around the corner and thought of inviting you out for lunch."
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Hyewon." Hyewon stretched her hand out for a shake. "And this is Chani. We're Minju's most trusted friends."
 
"Hangyul," said Hangyul. "Nice to meet you."
 
Minju massaged her temples.
 
"Pleasure's all ours." Chani shook Hangyul's hand. "Didn't know Minju here is keeping a friend like you from us, huh?"
 
Hangyul chuckled.
 
Minju had an eerie feeling she needed to flee the area soon. She turned to her colleagues.
 
"So, um, I can't join you guys for lunch. I'll see you later then."
 
"Why don't we all go together?" suggested Hangyul. "It'll be unkind for me to steal you away from your friends when you guys had already planned something."
 
"Yeah. We should go altogether. The more the merrier, right?" said Hyewon. "Don't worry. We won't disturb your little date."
 
Minju glared at Hyewon before turning to Hangyul. "Are you sure you're comfortable with that?"
 
"Yeah. Don't worry. It seems you have cool friends here."
 
Chani playfully hit Hangyul's arm. "I like him, Minju. I like him."
 
Minju massaged her head again, already regretting she told Hangyul where she's working. She looked around the area to make sure that a certain person isn't passing by at the moment.
 
"Okay. Let's go."
 
Minju pushed the elevator button and felt relieved when the lift opened. She hurried inside, making sure to close the doors right away.
 
"Hold it! Hold it!" Kaeun was hurrying to catch the elevator, putting her hand out to stop the doors.
 
Minju felt cascades of ice-cold water being poured over her when Sakura and Jaehwan followed Kaeun in.
 
Then the elevator door closed.
 
"Sakura!" Chani exclaimed. "I thought you guys are staying in the pantry?"
 
Sakura turned around. "Kaeun changed her mind for the fifth time and decided to go down instead." Then she noticed Minju. "Oh. Hey."
 
"Hey." Minju waved a little.
 
"Oh. have you met Minju's friend?" said Hyewon. "He's joining us for lunch. You guys should join us too."
 
Minju felt like she wanted to disappear from where she's standing when Sakura turned to look at Hangyul.
 
"Hi, I'm Hangyul." He offered his hand.
 
Sakura shook his hand. "Sakura."
 
Minju closed her eyes and slumped against the wall as Kaeun and Jaehwan introduced themselves and agreed to join in for lunch.
 
What could be worse?
 
Minju got a bad feeling about this.
 
---
 
Sakura got a bad feeling about this.
 
She pulled out her phone and busied herself with it.
 
Of all the places she could dump her lazy , she ended up sitting in front of Minju and her friend. It's the only available chair she saw after everyone settled.
 
Although the two weren't sweet, like lovey-dovey sweet, Sakura knew there is something going on. It bothers her big time. Minju is obviously bashful around the dude while he looks at her like she's a delicate flower.
 
Yup. Definitely an eyesore.
 
An unpleasant feeling is spreading through her chest and Sakura doesn't have any idea how to handle it. She can't blame Minju for entertaining this dude because technically she's still single, right?
 
"This place is cozy, huh," said Hangyul, looking around the area.
 
"Is this your first time here?" asked Minju.
 
"Yeah. If it weren't for today's meeting I wouldn't be able to explore this part of Seoul."
 
"You were never really the explorer, huh?"
 
"Told ya. I'm a house bum."
 
Sakura scoffed, still pretending to be busy with her phone, silently thinking how boring Hangyul is.
 
Minju needs to be with someone who can show her the world and not someone who's contented with the four walls of his house.
 
"I'm glad we brought you here," said Minju. "The food here tastes great. Right, Sakura?"
 
Sakura looked up, unprepared for the sudden inquiry. "Uh. Yeah." She went back to her phone, browsing the calendar this time.
 
"You seem silent. Something wrong?" Hyewon leaned closer to look at what Sakura is doing.
 
Sakura pulled back. "I'm just busy."
 
"Busy looking at your calendar?"
 
"I-I'm reorganizing my schedule."
 
"I see. Managing your time for your girlfriends, huh?" Hyewon nudged her. "Chaeyeon told me you're an expert playgirl."
 
Sakura laug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter