Chat

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Monday and there's something different about it.

 

For whatever reason, Minju is excited to go to work today. She woke up early, had her breakfast, and left for the office right away. She came in too early that she had the entire floor to herself when she arrived.

 

She immediately checked the list of her online friends in their internal messenger. Sakura's status is still gray.

 

She stood up, retouched herself in the ladies' room, grabbed herself a tea in the pantry, and went back to her table to check her friend's list again.

 

Still not green.

 

She checked her emails this time. Slowly, people are coming in one by one. Her table is at the center of the floor. She can't see who comes in and goes out because her back is facing the entrance.

 

"Good morning, Minju!" Chani, who just arrived, greeted her.

 

"Hi, Chani." Minju smiled. The guy stopped to stare at her. "What's the matter?"

 

"There's something different about you today..." Chani crossed his arms.

 

"And what is that?"

 

"I'm not sure..." He walked towards her. "You just seem vibrant and blooming today."

 

"Does that mean I don't look vibrant and blooming in some other days?"

 

"Come on. You're always beautiful, darling. There's just something different today." Chani scanned her. "New haircut?"

 

"No."

 

"Hmm. New hair color?" Chani held Minju's chin this time. "Are you using a new make-up?"

 

"No."

 

"Don't tell me you already have a boyfriend?"

 

Minju chuckled. She shook her head no.

 

"That smile, Minju! I knew it! There must be someone!" Chani pointed at her.

 

Minju dismissed him with a hand. "Nah. I just had a great weekend. There's no special someone yet."

 

"Oh really? I don't know why but my intuition says I should not believe you."

 

"Don't make a fuss out of it."

 

"Fine! Fine! I'll wait until you're ready to spill the details." Chani walked back to his station.

 

After the conversation, she checked her friend's list again. To her disappointment, Sakura's status is still offline.

 

She shifted her eyes at the bottom of the screen to check the time. It's already 7:53 and Sakura should arrive anytime now.

 

At that instant moment, she saw Sakura's status changed color from gray to green. A little notification appeared: Miyawaki Sakura is online.

 

She clicked Sakura's name. A new window popped up to start a conversation. Her hands motioned on the keyboard. But then, she stopped the idea, not sure why she's doing that.

 

Minju stared at her monitor, hands clasped on her chin. The only reason she added Sakura before is for the lipstick project they worked on together. She can't remember the last time they chat, and the probable reason for that conversation was all regarding the project.

 

After a few seconds of uncertainty, she clicked the close button with her mouse. She leans at the backrest of her chair and stared at the ceiling with both her hands on her tummy.

 

Kling!

 

Minju rose at the sound of her chat notification. A sweet smile flashed on her face after checking it.

 

"Good morning, Minju :-D"

 

Without having second thoughts, Minju replied. "Morning, Sakura :-)"

 

"How was your weekend?"

 

"Boring. Sunday was the worst. How about you, what happened to your tennis practice?"

 

"Just the same old stuff. Got so tired after the practice. Sunday was boring for me too (T_T)"

 

"Ooh. Poor Sakura. She's always alone (>_<)"

 

"You should probably visit me more often ;-D"

 

Minju smiled at the idea. "I think you should buy a pet, you know. So you won't get bored somehow."

 

"Come to think of it, I haven't thought of that until now..."

 

"You love cats or dogs?"

 

"Hmmm... do you think bunnies will be a fun pet around? :-P"

 

Minju glanced at Mrs. Minmin beside the monitor. She typed in her reply.

 

"If you're patient enough to chase it around the house, I guess it will be fun around ;)"

 

"Cool! Maybe I'll buy one someday!"

 

"So, how are you and Chaewon—" Minju stopped typing. She deleted her message.

 

"Hey, Minju. Do you know what turtles use to communicate?" Sakura sent another message.

 

"I have no idea."

 

"C'mon, make a wild guess : >"

 

"Are they using radio waves like bats?"

 

"No. They are using shellphones! :-D :-D :-D"

 

Minju couldn't understand how a simple corny joke like that made her smile. She was giggling silently in her station, trying to keep it to herself so no one would notice.

 

":-D I can't believe I bought that one, Sakura XD"

 

"Have you had your breakfast yet?" Sakura was typing too fast. It seems like she isn't doing anything yet.

 

"Yeah, I had it at home."

 

"Good for you."

 

"How about you?"

 

"Nobody prepares food for me :'("

 

"Don't tell me you're skipping breakfast?"

 

"No, I'm having a burger now ^_^"

 

Minju looked up, imagining Sakura eating a burger in her station. "Is that what you're having every day?"

 

"Most of the time. Why?"

 

"Wow. You're killing yourself, Sakura."

 

"I know. But it's convenient. I don't have a choice, Minju."

 

"Can't cook your own food?"

 

"Love to but don't want to. Cooking is only fun if you're sharing the food with someone."

 

"You mean you always go out even for dinner?"

 

"Every single time."

 

"You must get some real food, Sakura

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter