Interns

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February finally arrived. Hearts and cupid designs filled their office now.
 
"What are you girls bringing on the 14th?" asked Chani, cutting his cupid as neatly as he can. Hyewon and Minju are helping him design their bays.
 
"Chocolates." Hyewon dropped her scissor to look at the finished cupid she'd made.
 
"Chocolates? Whom are you gonna give it to?" asked Chani. "To be honest, there are no guys here worthy of chocolates except for Hyunjin."
 
"You have a point, Chani. But I will still give chocolates to all my male friends here in the office, especially you." Hyewon shot Chani a seductive look.
 
"Ew, Hyewon! Gross! I wouldn't do that to you! Yuck!"
 
Hyewon laughed. "What do you want me to give to you then, flowers?"
 
"No need. I have a boyfriend who will buy me flowers," said Chani proudly.
 
"Well, FYI, I'm no single myself so I would surely have one too."
 
Hyewon and Chani then realized that there's still another person in the area who's listening to them while busy cutting her cupid.
 
"What?" Minju stopped cutting when she felt that Hyewon and Chani were looking at her.
 
"You still don't have a boyfriend, Minju, do you?" Chani dragged his swivel chair closer to Minju.
 
"Nope. Is there a problem with that?"
 
"Mmm. None. But I'm worried about you, sweetie."
 
"I'm not lonely, Chani, if that's what you want to know."
 
"Why are you still single, anyway?"
 
Minju sighed. This is the time of the year when everyone is always asking her about her status. "It's a choice."
 
"We're just wondering..." Chani glanced at Hyewon and went back to Minju. "I've known you for over two years now and you never had a date in any of those Valentine's before."
 
"Chani, you know Minju isn't the type of person who'll say yes to any suitor. It's not like no one has invited her," said Hyewon.
 
"Why is it that none of your past suitors were good enough for you?" asked Chani.
 
"I just haven't found the right one yet. I don't want to rush into things." Minju went back to cutting her cupid.
 
"What if the right one already passed, but you missed your chance because you're too naïve?"
 
Minju dropped her hands on her lap. "Naïve? I don't think so."
 
"Or what if the right one is already there but you just won't admit it to yourself?" said Hyewon, reminding Minju of the conversation they had last time.
 
Chani turned to Hyewon, surprised. "Wow! Is it true? There is someone special?"
 
Minju glared at Hyewon while Chani wasn't looking.
 
"It's nothing. I was just teasing her." Hyewon chuckled. "By the way, who do you think is gonna get the most chocolates and flowers this time?"
 
"For the girls, I'd still root for Minju," said Chani. "Everyone knows she's still single. That adds up to the excitement."
 
"Why are you two talking like it's some kind of competition?" asked Minju. "It doesn't matter who gets more. It's all about the expression of care or appreciation towards another, right?"
 
"Point taken. But you have to admit, girl, you got quite a lot of attention last year," said Chani.
 
"Yeah, her secret admirers are suddenly popping out of nowhere during Valentine's. I think she got the most flowers last year." Hyewon looked up at the ceiling to mentally count the flowers Minju got.
 
"I got a few, okay? But it's not as many as you were saying. You guys are exaggerating," said Minju.
 
"How 'bout the chocolates, who do you think will receive the most?" asked Chani. "Last year, if I'm correct, Hyunjin got like 15 chocolate bars on his table when he came."
 
"And 4 of them were yours, right?" said Hyewon.
 
Chani raised both his hands, palms opened. "I'm over him, Hyewon. I'm so over him. I'm not giving chocolates to anyone now except my love."
 
"Besides, I think the one that will get the most chocolates this year is not a man," said Hyewon, making Chani and Minju look at her. She gestured her chin towards the hallway where Sakura and Hitomi are walking, holding their tumbler in their hands.
 
"Ooh." Chani shook his head. "I must admit, that Sakura had really shaken this office when she came. A lot of ovar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter