Friends

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you're saying that you two got back together?" asked Minju before sipping from her glass of mango juice.
 
"Yeah. Officially together again." Hangyul smiled as he twirled the pasta in his fork. "Isn't it funny how she only realized that four months after the breakup?"
 
"Maybe she just got confused? At least the breakup made her realize how much you mean to her.."
 
"It did. And honestly, she panicked a little after she found out from Dad I was going out with you." Hangyul chuckled.
 
"Should I hide now?"
 
"Don't worry. She doesn't kill. But yeah, she tortures."
 
"Ooh. Scary." Minju shuddered. Hangyul laughed again. "On a serious note tho, I'm happy for you."
 
"Thank you." Hangyul lightly bowed. "But you know what, I realized something just now. The break up was hard for me, yes, but I am happy it happened."
 
Minju folded her arms on the table. "And why is that?"
 
"If Sejeong didn't break up with me, I don't think we'll get closer," said Hangyul. "Being friends with you is a breakup retribution I'm glad happened."
 
Minju gave him a warm smile. Although a lot of things have been troubling her lately, Hangyul is one of those few people who give her joy from time to time.
 
"I'm thankful to have you as a friend too," she said.
 
Hangyul went back to his food. "How about you, how's he?"
 
Minju was glad that she didn't choke on her food. Because the truth is, she's not okay.
 
She never got the chance to talk to Sakura towards the end of the week because Eunbi was very diligent to drive her and pick her up. Minju didn't even bother to ask Sakura out over the weekend because she remembered how Eunbi told Hyewon, when they all got together in the elevator, about her weekend plans with Sakura.
 
Minju isn't sure how it happened. It's like she doesn't exist in Sakura's world anymore, and it's killing her. She was glad that Hangyul asked her out today because she was gloomy all day in her room.
 
"It's hopeless, Hangyul," said Minju, absently tapping the tip of her fork on her plate.
 
"Hmm? How come? What happened?"
 
"Everything is just too complicated now, more complicated than you can imagine."
 
"I don't mean to intervene but I think I know what your real problem is," said Hangyul, pausing a little while waiting for Minju to look up to him. "It's that Sakura, right?"
 
Minju's chest pounded. "H-how--"
 
"Well, anyone can notice the closeness. But only the keen ones can tell that there is something going on between the two of you."
 
"Oh." Minju looked down, feeling shy.
 
"She's the one with you in Haeundae, right?" asked Hangyul, getting a nod from Minju. "She's the one you were talking to in the café that Friday night too, right?"
 
Minju nodded again. "I'm sorry. I was afraid to tell you because I thought you'd look down on me."
 
"Why would I do that? I was just waiting for you to tell it to me," said Hangyul sincerely. "And why are you keeping everything bottled until now? Do you want to make yourself go crazy?"
 
"You know it's not as easy as what you're having with Sejeong."
 
"I know. But you can't keep yourself hurting like that. Is this because of your mom?"
 
Minju exhaled. "There's no way she will accept it."
 
"Maybe you and Sakura could work it out? Have you talked to her about it?"
 
Minju shook her head. "She doesn't even know what I really feel for her. And she's been avoiding me since she found out that you and I have been going out."
 
"Oh. I'm sorry." Hangyul shoulders fell. "I can talk to her to clarify things out, you know."
 
Minju shook her head. "There's no need for that."
 
"Why?"
 
"She might be already over me."
 
"That fast? That's impossible." Hangyul leaned forward, his arms against the edge of the table. "If she's really into you, there's no way she can get over you that instant."
 
"She confronted me a week ago about. I was just so con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter