Hospital

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"HAHAHA!" There was a loud guffaw of a man from inside the hospital room.
 
"I can't believe it, he's here." Chaeyeon looked excited, turning to Hyewon and Minju.
 
"He?" asked Hyewon.
 
"Sakura's dad. He's a fun guy. You'll see." Chaeyeon knocked on the door.
 
A man, whom Minju assumed to be Sakura's dad, opened the door for them. "Look who we have here!" he exclaimed, arms stretched wide. "Isn't this the almighty Chaeyeon descending from Mount Olympus to captivate women's hearts?"
 
Chaeyeon threw herself for a big hug. "Uncle! I missed you!"
 
"I missed you too, kiddo." The man pulled away after noticing Hyewon and Minju. "Oh. And you brought your pretty friends, huh? Come in," he said, gesturing to them. "Cat, you got visitors."
 
Minju smiled at the pet name. Her eyes immediately scanned Sakura who's lying on the bed with a bandaged right foot. No one knows how much she struggled to maintain her composure not to hug the poor patient at that moment.
 
Sakura looked surprised to see her there. It was a brief shock that Sakura immediately changed to a smile when she turned to look at Chaeyeon and Hyewon.
 
Aside from Sakura's dad, there were other people inside. One is a slightly older woman, whom Minju initially assumed as Sakura's relative, and then there's a familiar person...
 
Eunbi.
 
Minju's brows furrowed while staring at Eunbi who's sitting ON the hospital bed, BESIDE Sakura.
 
"Hey, guys." Sakura looked more cheery now compared to how she was last Friday.
 
Chaeyeon pointed at Sakura's foot. "Dude, what's up? You got it pretty bad, eh?"
 
"I'm fine. You've seen worse, remember?" said Sakura. Chaeyeon laughed.
 
"What happened to you?" Hyewon walked towards Sakura.
 
"Just minor foot injury," said Sakura. "I can go back to work the day after tomorrow. Miss me already?"
 
"Of course. It just doesn't feel the same not seeing you passing by the hallway." Hyewon nudged Minju. "Right, Minju?"
 
Minju, who was zoning out while looking at how close Eunbi's body is to Sakura, was brought back to Earth. "Uh... yeah..."
 
"This is my dad, Aunt Nako, and my friend Eunbi," said Sakura, gesturing around. "And these are are my friends and colleagues from the office: Chaeyeon, Hyewon, and... Minju.
 
"Oh. So, she's THE Eunbi," said Hyewon.
 
"Hello everyone," said Eunbi.
 
Sakura's dad cleared his throat to gather everyone's attention. "So, now tell me, which of you girls is Sakura's girlfriend?"
 
Their mouths fell open.
 
Sakura's palm flew over her face. "Ugh. Dad, stop it."
 
"What's the matter, Sakura? I'm just curious."
 
"How many times should I tell you I'm single?" Sakura's voice is muffled from hiding her face behind her palms. Minju still finds it cute.
 
"What? I can't believe it! You're a disgrace to this family," said Sakura's dad, hands on his waist. "You surely have pretty friends here and you don't like any of them? What happened to your taste?"
 
Sakura groaned even more.
 
"Maybe she hasn't moved on from Chaewon yet?" said Aunt Nako.
 
"Ahh. The one that got away, huh? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. If cat here wasn't a slowpoke I'm pretty sure they've been officially together." The man shook his head. "Oh, but there was a girl you were calling when we were in Bali. What happened to her?"
 
Sakura and Minju had eye contact for a fraction of a second before Sakura looked away and shrugged.
 
"What? That didn't work out too? Jeez. You even bought her something, right? Was that a bun--"
 
"DAD!"
 
"What? I thought that girl was special?"
 
Sakura pressed her lips together. "It's not like what you're thinking. We're just friends."
 
Minju looked down at her feet, feeling guilty about it.
 
"Aish!" Sakura's dad turned to Chaeyeon. "Didn't you teach your best friend here a thing or two about girls? You're the expert here, right?"
 
"I just learned from you, master." Chaeyeon chuckled. Hyewon elbowed her. "But I've changed, uncle," she said, putting her arm around Hyewon's shoulder. "I'm serious about this one."
 
"Oh. Okay. I'll keep my mouth shut then," said Sakura's dad, zipping up the imaginary zipper on his mouth. "So, I'll leave you, kids, for now. I'll drive Nako back to her restaurant first."
 
"I'll be back later, Sakura," Aunt Nako kissed the top of her niece's head.
 
"Thanks, aunt. Dad, you drive her safely, okay?"
 
"Agh. Your old man's reflexes are still kicking fine. Don't worry about me." Sakura's dad waved a hand. "I'll see you later, Sakura." He leaned over to kiss Sakura's head too.
 
There was a brief silence when the siblings left the room.
 
"Hello there, Eunbi?" said Hyewon, walking towards Eunbi and shaking her hand. "It's so nice to finally meet you. I suppose you're Sakura's girlfriend?"
 
Sakura coughed.
 
"What!" Eunbi's eyes burst open. "No! We're not together!"
 
Sakura continued coughing but is also laughing now. "Hyewon... don't bully her. Eunbi is a good friend of mine. We're not anywhere near that."
 
Minju raised an eyebrow. Good friend?
 
"Duh. And I wouldn't want to be with someone as hopelessly romantic as you." Eunbi eyed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter