Hickey

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju didn't plan on being where she's at right now.

 

She is looking out the window as they ride a coaster on board to their destination.

 

It's the time of the year when their company sponsors a team-building event for all employees. It's something she looks forward to every year as it always involves fun activities and free food.

 

However, this year, their team building is accompanied by a new employee her best friend Hyewon is infatuated with.

 

It was Hyewon who wanted them to sit beside each other on the coaster. It was too late when Minju found out that Hyewon's plan was to put her on the third wheel.

 

And now, Minju's stuck with hearing the lovey-dovey couple beside her flirt while she sits there, pretending she's having the time of her life too.

 

"How many are you on your team again?" Hyewon asked Sakura.

 

"We're seven, including Hyunjin," said Sakura.

 

"What do you guys usually do during your free time? I'm curious, how does a group of artists like you bond?"

 

"Mmm, we're making fun of each other. The most common is editing someone's picture."

 

"Like?"

 

Sakura chuckled as if she remembered something funny. "Like putting Hyunjin's head on the body of a y--star!"

 

Minju couldn't stop herself from smiling while the two laughed as she can clearly imagine that picture. She feels bad somehow for eavesdropping, but she can't help overhearing the conversation because, well, the two are just beside her.

 

"How about yours, what do you guys do for fun?" It was Sakura who asked this time.

 

"We usually play the game 'answer a question with a question'," said Hyewon. "Someone starts a question and you just have to keep answering each other with questions."

 

"Wow. Sounds hard."

 

"Yeah, I'm always the one who loses first."

 

"Does everyone in your department take part in the game?"

 

"Yeah, everyone. We even form a circle to make it more fun."

 

"Well, it just seems to me you have some serious teammates in your department."

 

At this, Minju side-glanced Hyewon and Sakura who looked at her too.

 

Hyewon held Minju's arm. "It may not seem like that but Minju can be a jolly person."

 

"Oh really? I guess I haven't seen that side of her yet," said Sakura.

 

Minju raised an eyebrow and turns back to look out the window. There's no way she's gonna fall for that. She's got nothing against Sakura but she doesn't like to be branded as one of the newcomer's victims.

 

"You might see it sooner once you do a project together," said Hyewon.

 

"I look forward to it, Hyewon."

 

Minju eyed Sakura and saw the latter smirking. She responds with a glare.

 

Sakura chuckled. "Hey, Ms. Kim, I think you'll be prettier if you'll add a little smile on your face."

 

It may or may not be an innocent comment. For all Minju knows, Sakura's just flirting with her like how she does with Hyewon and her other victims.

 

Although Minju thinks that Sakura has this certain charm, an irresistible charm, like a magnet that can make any female hormones go wild, she swore she isn't falling for it and won't join that fan club.

 

Sakura chuckled again. "I see the princess is serious, huh?"

 

Minju scoffed. "Princess your face."

 

"Oooh! At least she finally responded!" Sakura clapped. "You don't want to be called a princess? What do you prefer then,  Pepe the Frog?"

 

Hyewon playfully

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter