Couple

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday

"Yup, I'm already here in the office," Sakura confirmed after putting her headsets on. She pushed the car door closed and enabled the alarm.
 
"Somebody's too early for the office today, huh? It's only 7:17 on my watch," said Eunbi on the other line.
 
"I know, but my body was up early. I don't even know why."
 
"Psshh... You're just excited to see Minju."
 
"I guess I am." Sakura giggled. She feels lucky to find someone with whom she can confide everything about Minju. It's easier for her to tell Eunbi about it since they don't have common friends.
 
"Do you think she'll like your new hairstyle?" asked Eunbi.
 
"I don't know." Sakura fixed her cap. "I'm just afraid that she won't talk to me if I won't do what she says."
 
"You know she's not serious about that. And you've had it cut like what she want, just shoulder-length. Besides, it's a good way to start the year, right? I can't wait to see you, Sakura. I wonder how you look now."
 
"Don't worry. I'll visit you one of these days." Sakura stepped into the elevator and pressed 17 on the floor panel.
 
"I hope you'll bring along a friend of yours when you do that."
 
"I can't promise you that but I'll try." Sakura gazed up at the floor signal.
 
B2... B1... 1...
 
The elevator stopped on the first floor. Sakura moved aside to give space to anyone who's about to enter.
 
The door swung open. Sakura felt her heartbeat rose when she sees Minju behind the door.
 
And for the first time in days, Sakura felt alive again.
 
Minju is wearing a white blouse with a black ribbon lace, partnered with a black skirt. Sakura was so mesmerized she had to shift her eyes away because she's feeling conscious. Minju, on the other hand, looked shocked to see Sakura in the elevator.
 
Minju was about to greet her but Sakura turned away when she heard Eunbi's voice on the other line.
 
"Sakura? Are you still there?"
 
"Yeah, I'm sorry. The line was jammed," she said, still feeling Minju's eyes on her.
 
"Can you give me Minju's full name? I'll try to search for her on social media. I'm really curious about her looks."
 
"Ummm, Eunbi. I can't do that."
 
"Huh? Why? I'm just asking for a name."
 
"Exactly, I can't give it now."
 
"And why is that?"
 
Sakura took a deep breath and looked around the elevator, trying to avoid eye contact with her fellow passenger. "Here."
 
"Huh?"
 
"I said, HERE."
 
"Who's there?"
 
"My friend."
 
"Your friend? Who?" Then Eunbi finally got it. "Minju is in the elevator with you?"
 
"Exactly, Eunbi. Bravo." Sakura looked around to check Minju's reflection on the mirrored wall, thinking if the latter can hear the conversation even if she's on headset.
 
"Oh, really? Are you two alone there?"
 
"Yup."
 
"Then why don't you grab her and kiss her?"
 
"Agh! You're crazy, Eunbi!"
 
"I'm just kidding. You're overreacting. Haha! Why do I have the feeling that you're already blushing?"
 
Sakura leaned against the wall, defeated. "Oh, Eunbi."
 
"Okay, I guess I have to exit the scene now. You can't make a move if you're talking to me now."
 
"What? Do I really have to make a move now?"
 
Sakura realized that she said it aloud. Her initial gesture was to check on Minju's reaction. To her surprise, Minju was already looking at her.
 
"Just enjoy your day, okay? Call me or I'll call you soon, I gotta go. Good luck!" Eunbi hung up the phone immediately.
 
Sakura felt nervous. The elevator is on the 10th floor. It seems they are on the expressway straight to the 17th floor.
 
"Hey..." Sakura removed her headset to somehow inform Minju that she's over with her phone conversation.
 
"Hi, Sakura." Minju smiled a little.
 
Sakura almost melted. "You're early, huh?"
 
"Yeah, I woke up early today."
 
Sakura nodded. "Me too."
 
There was a moment of silence. Sakura wanted to say she missed Minju however she's not sure how the latter would take it.
 
"So, you..." there was a bit of shyness in Minju's tone. "You got a haircut."
 
Sakura scratched the back of her neck. "Yeah... well... the boss asked me to..."
 
Minju covered when she chuckled. "Your boss is demanding, huh?"
 
"Slight. But what can I do, that's her command."
 
"What a difficult boss you have there."
 
"Oh, I'm glad you mentioned it. Yeah, she's difficult."
 
Minju giggled.
 
"Do you think boss will like it?" asked Sakura.
 
The elevator door opened before Minju could respond. She went out first and Sakura followed after.
 
Seeing Minju walking directly to her station, Sakura aimed to go straight to her department too.
 
"Sakura..."
 
Sakura turned around and saw Minju still standing.
 
"Could you take off your hat for a sec?" said Minju. Sakura obeyed. Minju folded her arms. "Hmm. I don't think your boss will like your hair..."
 
Sakura dropped her gaze at the cap in her hand.
 
"But I'm sure she'll love it," continued Minju, letting out a sweet smile.
 
That immediately brought Sakura to a smiling mess. She shook the cap up and down, her eyes darting around the area.
 
She turned her eyes back to Minju and put her cap back. She waved her hand and turned to walk, humming her way towards her department.
 
---
 
Friday.
 
As Minju had expected, the fangirls went crazier this time.
 
Minju was not sure anymore if pushing Sakura to get a haircut is a good idea or not. A lot of them were visiting the graphics department lately. And according to Hyewon, there were even new recruits in Sakura's fan club.
 
It already past five o'clock in the afternoon and most people are excited to go home for the weekend. Minju is still in her terminal doing some minor work. She's already done for the day but is still delayi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter