Late

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minju hasn't moved an inch from that couch since came home.
 
The entire place is quiet and the only thing she can hear is her own breathing.
 
'I will make her forget you.'
 
The conversation with Eunbi was cut short after Chaeyeon and Hyewon arrived. Minju wasn't able to find an opportunity to talk to Sakura after that.
 
And now that she's home, Eunbi's words continue to hunt her.
 
Minju closed her eyes and furrowed her brows.
 
She should be happy, right? She should be happy knowing someone will be with Sakura because Minju won't be able to stand up for her.
 
But why is Minju feeling distressed?
 
It would have been easier if it's one-sided--if Minju's the only one having these feelings. But it's not like that. Eunbi just told her what she has doubted all along: Sakura is serious about her.
 
But what would she do now? Minju can't decide yet but doesn't want to hurt Sakura anymore. She knows she can't pick Sakura, but she doesn't want to let her go either. Selfish it may seem, but it is the exact reason for her confusion.
 
What's hurting her more is the fact that Sakura obviously feels comfortable around Eunbi. Minju knows if she won't make a move anytime soon, Eunbi will surely be able to replace her.
 
---
 
Minju is walking towards the lift when she spotted two familiar figures waiting there.
 
She smiled at the sight, knowing the back she's looking at belongs to Sakura. However, her smile faded as guilt strikes her again when she saw the crutch on Sakura's right hand.
 
Chaeyeon noticed her. "Hello there, beautiful!"
 
"Hello there." she greeted. "Getting lost here this early, huh?"
 
"Best friend duties." Chaeyeon pointed at Sakura. "Can't drive."
 
"Well, isn't that sweet of you?" Minju turned and playfully nudged Sakura. "Good morning."
 
Sakura glanced at her and forced a smile. "Morning." She turned away after, looking at the floor signal.
 
Minju took it in her mental notepad. Sakura didn't completely ignore her, but something's still off.
 
Still, it's progress.
 
Minju went back to Chaeyeon. "Where's your girlfriend?"
 
"She went ahead of us. I had to pick this brat here first," said Chaeyeon, lightly punching Sakura who responded with a harder nudge. Chaeyeon laughed. "Well, since Minju's here, I better go ahead. Could you assist her for me, Minju?"
 
Minju unconsciously brought a hand to her chest, emotionally unprepared to be alone with Sakura.
 
"Y-yeah. Sure."
 
"Don't sweat it. I can handle myself," said Sakura. She turned to Chaeyeon and punched her. "And don't think of me as a weakling!"
 
Chaeyeon stepped backward to keep a distance from the attacker who's seriously throwing her punches. "I better go now, Minju, before someone here bruises me."
 
Minju chuckled. "Okay. You take care."
 
Chaeyeon politely bowed at Minju before turning to Sakura. "Dude, I'll pick you up later. Okay?"
 
"Go already, will you," said Sakura, pretending to be annoyed. She looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter