Offline

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju sat at her table after getting tea from the pantry. She opened their company IM to check if a certain person is already in.
 
'Miyawaki Sakura is offline.'
 
Her brows furrowed. Sakura is never late for work.
 
It has become Minju's habit to check on Sakura daily thru their IM. And without her complete awareness, Minju's not just doing it every morning, but every hour of the entire shift.
 
She checked her phone too to see if there were messages. Apparently, none.
 
The status didn't change the entire day, making Minju feel weary. If it wasn't for the thought Hyunjin would find it weird for her to ask about Sakura she might have already asked him.
 
In fact, she was so close to doing that.
 
When the clock struck five, Minju glanced at Mr. Minmin and petted it.
 
---
 
"Something bothering you?"
 
Minju turned to Hangyul with a confused face, barely heard what he said.
 
"Are you all right? You're spacing out again," he said.
 
Minju propped her elbows against the car door and gazed out the window. "I'm just thinking of something."
 
"Penny for your thoughts?"
 
"Mmm. It's mostly about work."
 
"Work? That work has certainly been bothering you for days now, huh?"
 
Minju looked at Hangyul.
 
"You were not yourself over the weekend, you know." Hangyul smiled as he focuses on the road while driving. "In fact, you were not in yourself since I picked you up from work last Friday. Something wrong?"
 
Minju turned back to the window. That Friday conversation had surely disturbed her entire weekend. Everything was boring for her. Everything was lifeless.
 
As much as she wanted to stay and talk to Sakura that night, she can't. Hangyul needed to pick her up to have dinner with her mom somewhere in the city.
 
And as much as Minju wanted to tell Sakura the truth that night, she couldn't. She was not prepared for that kind of talk yet. Somehow it scared her.
 
All the troubles from the past few days sunk into her that night; her mom, Hangyul, Sakura--Minju can't sort them out.
 
In the end, Minju knows she said things she didn't mean. She avoided the questions. But she never thought running away that night would hurt her the way she's hurting now.
 
During Sakura's interrogation, questions started popping out of Minju's head: are her feelings for Sakura enough reason to be in a relationship with her? And how serious is Sakura about this too? Will it be worth it to risk everything now to be with her?
 
While Sakura was cornering her with questions, Minju felt the need to escape because she doesn't want to make impulsive decisions she'll regret in the end.
 
And now she's hella worried about Sakura's whereabouts. After what happened last Friday all she wanted is to talk to her, at least explain to her the reasons for her confusion. Minju still wants to let Sakura know that no matter how confused she is it is Sakura whom she wants to be by her side by the end of each day.
 
"I'm just probably stressed," said Minju instead. It was followed by a sigh.
 
"I'm all ears, just in case you need someone to talk to," s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter