Dude

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Immediately after Sakura closed the door behind, her phone rang. She fished for her phone from her back pocket and her lips curved upwards when she saw the caller's name.
 
"Hey, Dad."
 
Minju is in front of the closet, choosing what to wear for the dinner party.
 
"Yeah. I'm here in Haeundae... We arrived yesterday... I'm with some friends and Chaewon... Yeah. The Chaewon I introduced to you before. Yes. It was her birthday yesterday... Sure. I'll tell her you said hi... No, Dad. Hahaha! We're not together. No! She's with her boyfriend right now..."
 
Minju raised an eyebrow. So Sakura's dad had met chaewon before.
 
"What's your plan for your birthday?" Sakura asked her dad. "Of course, I'll visit you. Oh. I see. Okay. I'll catch you later then... Yeah. Don't forget your dinner too... Bye, Dad... I love you too..."
 
Sakura put her phone down on the bedside table and went to the bathroom.
 
Minju was getting something from her duffel bag when Sakura's phone rang again. She took that opportunity to peek at the caller and saw the familiar picture of Sakura and Eunbi with Tokyo Tower in the background.
 
She heard the flush in the bathroom and the door creaked open. Minju hurried to pretend to do something.
 
"Oh, is that my phone?" Sakura picked her phone quickly. "Hey, Eunbi. What's up?" She walked towards the balcony door, opening it and stepping outside.
 
Minju was left confused inside the room, wondering why Sakura's okay with her hearing the conversation with her dad but not with Eunbi.
 
---
 
"Chaewon loved your flowers," said Sakura.
 
"That's nice to hear. How's your trip so far?" asked Eunbi on the other line.
 
"It's great. We're enjoying our stay here."
 
"Wait. Wait. You said 'we' or is it just you who's enjoying everything?"
 
Sakura glanced at the person inside the room and averted her gaze quickly when their eyes met. "It might be hard to believe it, but I think she's enjoying the trip too."
 
"To be honest, I won't be surprised if she does. But what makes you think so?"
 
"She's in the mood to do everything: pretending in front of Chaewon and strolling around here. She even asked me to buy a couple's necklace and get a couple's henna tattoo."
 
"What? She did that? Wow, Sakura. Don't you think it's too much for acting?"
 
"I know. But what if she's just having fun? What if she's just doing this to help me?"
 
"Help you get back with Chaewon? Sakura, if she really wants that to happen there's no need for her to do what she's doing right now," said Eunbi. "My deduction is... I think she's doing that because she wants to keep you away from Chaewon."
 
Sakura knitted her brows, thinking.
 
"I still stand by my old statement: I really believe that she likes you," added Eunbi. "Why don't you confess to her tonight?"
 
Sakura never thought of doing it yet because she knows that it's impossible for Minju to reciprocate her feelings.
 
"Don't you think it's too early for that?" she said.
 
"Early for what? You're already doing what a real couple does."
 
"Not really. We haven't kissed yet." Sakura giggled at the thought.
 
"." Eunbi chuckled. "My point is this: do you think you could act naturally if you two aren't comfortable with each other?"
 
"But what if she's just good at this, the acting? What if everything is just a part of the play for her? I don't want to assume anything now. That's suicide."
 
Eunbi sighed. "Don't you still get it? The fact that she can pretend to be your girlfriend with ease in front of Chaewon proves that she's okay to be your girlfriend for real. It also proves that you're compatible with each other."
 
Sakura sighed.
 
"It's still up to you. I just don't see the point of prolonging it," said Eunbi. "Take your chance. If she rejects you, then you can stop being a hopeless romantic and start moving on. You may not admit it to me but I know part in you is thinking—at some point—she likes you too."
 
Sakura looked back into the room, observing Minju who's still busy picking what to wear, thinking if she should really confess tonight.
 
---
 
Sakura and Minju are already in the restaurant where the party is taking place when Felix popped out of nowhere to greet them.
 
"Hey there, cupcakes!" He hugged them.
 
"How are you doing? You look handsome tonight," said Minju, pulling back. Felix looked dazzling in his v-neck striped shirt and black pants.
 
"Thanks. You look lovely yourself, Minju."
 
Upon hearing that, Sakura's eyes involuntarily landed on Minju who's wearing a casual purple beach dress. She's already dazzled by Minju even before they left their room earlier. She just couldn't find the courage to let Minju know about it.
 
Felix tapped Sakura's shoulder. "Hey, you all right? Come on, I'll show you your table."
 
"Where's the celebrant?" asked Sakura.
 
"She's talking to some staff for the photoshoot tomorrow," said Felix, leading them the way.
 
"You have a shoot tomorrow?" asked Minju.
 
"Yeah, but we have different schedules." Felix stopped upon reaching a circular table with a familiar person already sitting there.
 
"What's up, everybody?" said Chaeyeon, standing up.
 
"Chaeyeon!" Sakura approached her friend for a hug.
 
"Thanks for coming, pal," said Felix, giving Chaeyeon a handshake.
 
"No worries, anything for Chaewon and you." Chaeyeon shook back Felix's hand.
 
"Are you guys gonna be okay here?" asked Felix. "I have to leave now to entertain others. I'll be back with Chaewon later."
 
"Don't worry. We're good. Catch you later." Chaeyeon tapped Felix's shoulder. When he left, she waved at Minju. "Hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter