Truth

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever felt like dying to know about something but too afraid to ask because the answer might be the opposite of what you want to hear?
 
Minju felt like a bullet hit her and dug a hole in her chest. Her worst fears had come true.
 
"I did, Minju. And I still do."
 
Minju stared blankly at Chaewon as the words continuously reverberated in her head.
 
What would happen to her now if Chaewon wants Sakura back? Does she have the right to say no?
 
"She's my first love," Chaewon continued, eyes at the floor. "But she was dumb not to recognize it."
 
It took Minju a few more seconds before she even thought of saying something.
 
"Was that... was that the reason you left...?"
 
"Mmm... Partly, yes." Chaewon nodded. "I don't see hope in us. I don't even think she feels the same way for me. So, when the opportunity for my dream career came knocking at my door I took it right away, without hesitation."
 
"But... but she... she loved you..." Minju found it hard to say those words.
 
"She could have, but I'm not sure." Chaewon shrugged. "She cared for me--yes--but I know it was never like what I felt for her. And when you came into the picture, I saw the proof that I was right."
 
Minju was surprised to hear that. "What do you mean?"
 
Chaewon smiled. "Sakura never looked at me the way she looks at you, Minju."
 
Minju froze. She's wondering how in the world Chaewon can see such things when they are only pretending.
 
"Which reminds me I should apologize for my behavior towards you," said Chaewon. "I know I've offended you. I'm so sorry." She looked away. "My pride just can't accept the fact that Sakura took the courage to be with you when you've only known each other for months. I've been with her for four years and she never did that."
 
Minju felt the guilt creeping up inside her knowing she and Sakura are only pretending.
 
"She loves you, Minju. I can see it in her," said Chaewon. "And believe me or not, I am in love with Felix. It's just that there's still a part in me that wanted to settle something with Sakura."
 
Minju felt nervous at that.
 
"I wanted to talk to her that's why I invited you guys here," admitted Chaewon. "I should have done this earlier but I can't find time for it." She takes in a deep breath. "But since we're here now and talking, I'd like to ask for your permission, Minju."
 
Minju's nervous now more than ever.
 
"Felix will have a photoshoot tomorrow morning until noon," continued Chaewon. "I think that's the perfect time for Sakura and me to talk. Only if you'll allow it."
 
Minju took a deep breath.
 
"Don't worry. I won't try anything to snatch her from you." Chaewon chuckled. "Sakura loves you. But I can see she's troubled as much as I am. I think it's about time we settle things up for ourselves."
 
Minju glanced at Sakura. She knows that she has no right to hinder this talk. In fact, this is the main reason they went there.
 
"Okay. I'll leave you two alone tomorrows."
 
Chaewon let out a warm smile. She approached Minju and bent over for a hug.
 
"Thanks, Minju. Thank you."
 
Minju felt Chaewon's eagerness to have this talk. She rubbed Chaewon's back with a hand to acknowledge her sincerity.
 
It's all up to Sakura now.
 
---
 
Sakura opened her eyes and caught a glimpse of the balcony door. It's gloomy outside and she wondered what time is it now.
 
She turned her head aside and found nothing but the pillows.
 
Sakura tried to get up but her headache started to pound. She let herself fall back heavily on the bed, massaging her own scalp with her fingers.
 
"Hey, you're up."
 
Sakura was alarmed when she realized that it's not the voice she's expecting to greet her.
 
"Chaewon?"
 
"Yup, it's me." Chaewon walked towards the bed.
 
Although it was a real challenge for her to get up the first time, Sakura managed to do it now with little effort due to panic.
 
"Is this your room? What am I doing here?"
 
Chaewon chuckled as she sat on the bed. "Relax, Kkura. Relax. This is still your room. And what's with that look? We did not sleep together, okay?"
 
"Oh. Sorry." Sakura scratched her head. She scanned the area. "Where's Minju?"
 
Chaewon let out a loud sigh as her face becomes gloomy. She looked like she will say some bad news.
 
"She left Sakura..."
 
"What!" Sakura panicked. She's not sure if it's because she confessed to Minju.
 
Wait. Did she even confess? She can't remember anything from last night!
 
Chaewon burst out laughing after seeing Sakura's face. "I'm kidding!" She messed up Sakura's hair with both her hands. "Don't worry. She just went outside for a walk."
 
Sakura relaxed again after hearing that. "What is she doing out?"
 
"She went out to leave us alone."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"She allowed us to have our talk."
 
Sakura felt confused. She has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter