Past

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi there, Kkura. Long time no see."

 

Sakura stood there in silence, surprised and confused. Chaewon, who noticed Sakura's uneasiness, glimpsed the other person in the room.

 

"Oh. I didn't know you have a visitor."

 

Sakura glanced at Minju then turned back to Chaewon, still not sure what to say.

 

"Oh, Kkura, what's wrong with you today?" Chaewon walked towards Sakura and tapped her shoulder. "Speak up and introduce us."

 

Sakura, who realized she should have done that earlier, straightened up and turned to Minju slowly. "Um..."

 

"Ugh! What's wrong with you?" Impatient Chaewon walked towards Minju and offered her hand. "Hi, I'm Chaewon, Sakura's friend," she said, wearing the same smile she had in the picture. "Please forgive her for being such an today."

 

Minju can't believe how beautiful Chaewon is in the flesh. She rose to shake Chaewon's hand. "Minju. Sakura's friend too."

 

Sakura felt her neck itching when she noticed Chaewon scanning Minju's blouse. She remembered it was the shirt Chaewon bought for her birthday last year.

 

"Okay..." Chaewon pressed her lips together. "I guess I better go now, Kkura."

 

"But, Wonnie--"

 

"Let's just do this some other time." Chaewon walked towards the door.

 

"But when will I see you again?"

 

Chaewon brushed a hand through her hair and sighed. "Some other time, when we're both not busy."

 

Sakura breathed out her disappointment. She knows some other time could take longer.

 

"Don't worry. I won't go anywhere this time. I promise we'll talk sooner. We need to talk." Chaewon winked at her. "Be hospitable to your guest first, okay?"

 

Sakura looked at Minju, who gave her a lame smile.

 

"It's nice to meet you, Minju. And Sakura, I'll see you soon. Bye." Chaewon waved goodbye and shut the door close.

 

A long deafening silence then followed the latch of the door. Sakura clenched her hands into fists, unsure of how to solve her dilemma of either following Chaewon or staying with Minju.

 

"Sakura..."

 

Sakura turned to Minju. "Y-yes?"

 

"I... uh... I think you should--"

 

Sakura nodded. "I... I should follow her... yeah..." She walked to the door and halted before opening it. "Just promise me you won't leave, okay?"

 

"I won't."

 

After the assurance, Sakura ran out of the room.

 

---

 

Sakura found Chaewon standing in front of the elevator. "Wonnie!"

 

Chaewon smiled. "Oh. Couldn't say I wasn't expecting you to follow me. What's with the frown?"

 

Sakura stepped closer. "I... I don't know. Maybe I'm just afraid I might not see you again..."

 

"Oh, Kkura..."

 

Sakura held Chaewon's hands in hers. "I've waited for you, Won, for over a year."

 

Chaewon looked down at their hands. "I'm sorry. I know my appearance was past late than what I've promised. But I didn't ask you to wait for me."

 

"I know. I just..." Sakura let go of Chaewon's hands, her eyes darting around. She sighed. "I've been waiting for this day. There is so much to tell you..."

 

Chaewon held Sakura's face. "Let's do this some other time, okay?"

 

"Just promise me we'll see each other again after this."

 

"Of course. As I said, I still want to talk to you. And forgive me for barging into your apartment like that."

 

"It's okay. You always do that before, right?"

 

"But it's different this time. I might have offended your girlfriend."

 

Sakura raised an eyebrow. "Huh? She's not my girlfriend."

 

Chaewon ran her fingers through her hair. "Come on, Sakura."

 

"No... really... she's not my girlfriend..."

 

"Aside from the obvious fact that she slept in your room, bathe in your bathroom and is wearing your shirt, let's pretend I believe you," said Chaewon. "Kkura, you can't just leave her there. Go back now and entertain your visitor."

 

"But, Won..."

 

"Why don't you just admit it? Don't worry about me. I'm not jealous. I already have a boyfriend."

 

"Y-you have a boyfriend?" Sakura felt something blocking .

 

"Yeah. I met him in Taiwan. We came back here together two weeks ago."

 

"Oh..."

 

"All right? Now go back there now before somebody gets mad at you," said Chaewon, pushing Sakura around to go back to her room.

 

"When will I see you again?"

 

"I'll visit you. My schedule is tight right now. I can't promise a specific time." Chaewon pressed the elevator button.

 

Sakura said nothing until the elevator door opened.

 

Chaewon leaned forward to cheek kiss Sakura. She stepped into the elevator after. "Bye, for now, Kkura. Don't make her cry, okay?"

 

Sakura smiled as the door closed.

 

---

 

Sakura was relieved to see Minju still at the same spot, already done with her ramen.

 

"Did I mess up something?" asked Minju.

 

Sakura shook her head as she sits down. "No..."

 

"It worried me, you know. I thought your girlfriend will be mad at you."

 

Sakura chuckled.

 

"Why are you laughing?" asked Minju.

 

"Well, the funny thing is she also thought you are my..." Sakura hesitated to say the last word. "You know."

 

"Oh..." Minju unconsciously bit her lower lip.

 

"She's not my girlfriend."

 

Minju nodded. "Did she really think I'm your girlfriend?"

 

"Y-yeah..." Sakura felt bashful with the term. The last three words Minju said sounded like music in her ears. "Sorry about that."

 

"But why did she...?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"If she really thinks of me as your girlfriend then why did she leave a kiss mark on your cheek?"

 

"What!" Sakura covered her cheeks with her palms. "She did?"

 

"The mark is too obvious." Minju helped Sakura removed the mark with a tissue. "She wanted me to see it."

 

"Aish. Chaewon is always like that. She loves to tease me."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter