Fast

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju is lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, fiddling with her hands on her tummy. What Kaeun told her earlier made her anxious.
 
"It's your entire fault, Sakura!" she screamed in their empty house while punching through the air. "You've just turned Kaeun to be your newest fangirl because you're so flirty! Ugh! Stupid, Sakura! Stupid!"
 
Minju turned aside to check on her phone. "Why isn't she texting me? Is she busy? Doesn't she miss talking to me?"
 
She d for a pillow and hid her head under it.
 
Yes. She's going crazy now.
 
---
 
The next day, Minju found Kaeun already in the office when she got in. She can't deny that this intern is good. Her chances of passing are high.
 
"Hi there," said Minju, turning on her PC.
 
"Morning, Ms. Minju."
 
"Wow. Are you partying later?" asked Minju, noticing makeup on the intern's face that she has not been doing in the past few days.
 
"Not really." Kaeun smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I just want to feel pretty today."
 
"You are always pretty, dear."
 
"Thanks."
 
Minju grabbed a wet tissue and poured rubbing alcohol on it.
 
"Umm. Ms. Minju, can I ask you something?"
 
"Hmm?" Minju started cleaning her table with the wet tissue.
 
"By any chance, are you close friends with Sakura?"
 
Minju's hand stopped. "W-we're friends, why?"
 
"I just want to know if she has a boyfriend or a girlfriend."
 
"The last time I checked, she's single." Minju resumed cleaning her table. "But I'm not sure anymore. In case you're not aware, many women are just throwing themselves at her."
 
"Oh. is that so..."
 
"You really like her?" Minju asked to reassure, hoping that the answer would change.
 
Kaeun nodded. "How about you, don't you think she's cute?"
 
"Uh. Well. She is charming, yes."
 
"So, you like her too?"
 
"Umm..."
 
"Ms. Minju..."
 
"Yes?"
 
"You're blushing." Kaeun giggled.
 
"Am I?" Minju's initial instinct told her to look around to see if Hyewon is already there. "You're a crazy kid. I just easily blush when asked about things like that."
 
"So, you like Sakura?"
 
"All the girls here in the office like her, Kaeun. What you're feeling now is normal," said Minju, dumping the used tissue in the trash bin below her table.
 
"All the girls? Including you?"
 
Minju glared at Kaeun. "Do you want me to fail you in your training?"
 
Kaeun raised her hands to surrender. "I'm just asking you."
 
"Why do you want to know that, anyway?"
 
"It's because I like her a lot, and I'm planning to confess soon."
 
Minju's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "What? Confess right away? You just met her yesterday, right? And does your confession have anything to do with me?"
 
"Well... it's because of yesterday," said Kaeun, hesitant. "There's just something different with the way you two talk to each other."
 
Minju held the mouse this time, pretending to work. She can hear the fast beat of her heart. "Different in what way?"
 
"It's hard to explain. But you two are emitting the girlfriend vibe. That's why I've thought of asking you first about her before I make my confession."
 
Minju is still wondering what exactly these people--Hyewon and Kaeun--see that made them think something is going on between her and Sakura. As far as she remembers, Sakura and she had a quick small talk yesterday. Nothing unusual. But then, how come Kaeun could sense something from that?
 
Not knowing the answer herself, Minju faked a smile instead. "Don't worry, Sakura and I are just friends."
 
Kaeun's face lit up. "So, you won't mind if I hang out with her?"
 
Minju shook her head. "You shouldn't worry about me, instead you should think about the other fangirls here in the office. In case you're not aware yet, they are killing each other to get Sakura's attention."
 
"That doesn't bother me, Miss Minju. I'm gonna start my move today." Kaeun clapped.
 
Minju rolled her eyes.
 
---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter