Family(final)

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I always knew our meeting in Tokyo wasn't by accident," said Eunbi, pointing a finger at the receipt.
 
Sakura signed the paper. "Whatever, serendipity lover."
 
"Yah! You wouldn't get Minju if it wasn't for me, right?"
 
"And you wouldn't have met Hyunjin if I didn't invite you to the party, right? I know what you're pointing out, Eunbi. Why are you being so nostalgic?"
 
"It's because today is my second anniversary with Hyunjin! Have you forgotten that?"
 
"Oh? Is it today?" Sakura glanced at her watch to check the date. "Wow. How time really flies, huh? So, you're really over Tokyo now, huh?"
 
"Tokyo will always have a special place in my heart," said Eunbi. "But yeah, I have to move on someday, right?"
 
"And you've got the right to be happy."
 
"Exactly."
 
Sakura stared at Eunbi, realizing how special their friendship had become through the years. "I'm happy you're with Hyunjin, Eunbi."
 
Eunbi smirked. "Hyunjin kept complaining about how their department got boring since you left them."
 
"Oh, c'mon." Sakura tapped her palm on the counter. "I quit my job almost two years ago and he hasn't adapted to it yet?"
 
"Maybe he just misses you?"
 
"Or maybe he misses my visitors before? Aw!" Sakura earned herself a slap from Eunbi. "Since you mention that, maybe let's hang out sometime; you and Hyunjin, me and Minju."
 
"Sounds good! I think we should do it at least once a month. I rarely see you now after you opened your studio."
 
Sakura sighed. "Yeah. I've been busy. Dad's putting more pressure on it."
 
"But at least you know that your business is in good hands, right?"
 
"Yeah..." Sakura shrugged, looking down at her phone to check the message that just came in. "All right. I need to go now. The queen texted me. "
 
Eunbi raised an eyebrow. "Queen?"
 
"Minju's mom. She said Minju's in my apartment now and wants me to surprise her."
 
"Wow. Finally in good terms with your in-law, huh?"
 
"We're getting there, Eunbi. Slowly but surely."
 
Eunbi handed Sakura the bouquet she ordered. "What's with those? I bet you've done something to piss Minju, huh?"
 
"Well," Sakura started, scrunching up her face. "Let's just say that we haven't seen each other for a week. And I missed our third anniversary..."
 
Eunbi's eyes widened. "What? Jeez. You're in trouble, Sakura. BIG trouble."
 
"I know. I know. The queen even scolded me for upsetting her daughter. I told Minju I'll be out with my dad for three days only but something came up. We had to stay in Bangkok for a week."
 
"Let me know the address of your funeral so I could send you flowers, okay?"
 
"You're crazy."
 
"Good luck with Minju later."
 
"I'll call you if I make it out alive."
 
---
 
While walking back to the parking lot with flowers in hand, Sakura spotted a familiar figure walking on the other side of the street.
 
Long legs, slim figure, and that y signature walk; she could not be mistaken. The woman might have had changed her hairstyle and might dress more differently now but Sakura surely knows who she is.
 
Sakura crossed the road and approached the figure.
 
"Umm, excuse me, miss...?"
 
The woman turned around. Her eyes grew wide. "S-Sakura?"
 
"I knew it was you, Wonnie!"
 
"Oh, Kkura!" Chaewon reached out to hug Sakura. "Gosh! How are you?"
 
Sakura pulled back. "I'm good! How about you? Are you on vacation or something?"
 
"Well, I'm kind of stuck here in Seoul. Felix and I have built a modeling agency and we're kind of in a startup stage right now."
 
"Wow. For real?" asked Sakura, surprised. "Well, I'm managing a studio with my dad after I quit my job two years ago."
 
Chaewon smiles. "Would you be happy to provide your services to an old friend? We are looking for one."
 
"It'll be my pleasure, mademoiselle." Sakura pulled out a wallet and handed Chaewon a calling card. "There. Contact me anytime you like."
 
Chaewon stared at the card. "I guess you're doing what you've really wanted now, hmm?"
 
"Yeah. it gives me a sense of completion."
 
"That's nice. And thanks for this," said Chaewon, waving the card. "Expect a call from me soon."
 
Sakura nodded. "So... you two are still together, huh?"
 
"Yeah, still fighting. How about you? I assume those flowers are for a special girl, right?"
 
Sakura glanced at the flowers. "Yeah..."
 
"Is it for the same girl three years ago?"
 
"Mmm-mmm. Same girl."
 
Chaewon ran a hand through her hair. "I knew it, Sakura. I knew she's the one for you."
 
Sakura absently scratched her head, smiling.
 
"It's been three years already, right?" asked Chaewon. "Can't believe that three years just flew like that so fast."
 
Sakura nodded. "So... um... are we good now?"
 
"I think so. I assumed 3 years has healed us both, right?" asked Chaewon.
 
"Does that mean we could hang out with Chaeyeon again like before?"
 
"Why not include Minju and Felix in the circle? And whoever is Chaeyeon's current girlfriend because she changes from time to time, right?"
 
Sakura laughed. "Don't worry. She's in a steady relationship now."
 
"Oh, I guess everything's falling in the right place."
 
"Couldn't agree more."
 
They fell into silence, staring, and observing each other.
 
"Umm, do you think your girlfriend would mind if I'd go out with you alone one time?" asked Chaewon.
 
Sakura shook her head. "As long as your boyfriend doesn't mind then I think we could really do that. I mean, I'd love to do that."
 
"You sure?"
 
"Yeah, as long as I tell Minju about it then it's fine."
 
"Tell her it's nothing romantic. Just for old time's sake. I missed my Kkura, you know."
 
"Don't worry, she'll understand it. And yes, I missed my Wonnie too."
 
"Perfect."
 
---
 
Sakura opened the door to her apartment and heard the shower running.
 
Sakura put down the flowers on the bedside table and lie down to get some rest. She is too tired from the traveling she didn't notice she was dozing off.
 
After some time, Sakura felt trickles of water droplets on her face. She tiredly opened her eyes only to see a curtain of wet hair in her view.
 
Minju was smiling widely at her. "Hey. I missed you..."
 
"Uh..." Sakura tried but she couldn't move because Minju's weight is on top of hers. "How's my baby, hmm?"
 
"You missed our anniversary..." Minju pouted, wagging her feet.
 
Sakura caged her girlfriend in her arms and realized Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter