War

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment they arrived at the restaurant, Minju noticed how the staff welcomed Sakura with big smiles, giving Minju an idea that Sakura is a known regular there.
 
Their arrival obviously captivated most of the ladies. Some are looking at Felix, some are thrilled over Sakura. Minju can't help but smile to herself each time she sees some glare of disappointments from the female staff as she walked hand in hand with Sakura.
 
Sorry ladies, she's Minju's property tonight.
 
They sat on the couch facing each other by pair. While waiting for their food, the manager and the chef approached Sakura. Minju noticed how glad they were to see Sakura there. From what she heard, Sakura hasn't shown in that restaurant for a month. They even excused themselves to talk to Sakura alone.
 
"I'll be right back." Sakura squeezed Minju's hand as she was about to stand up.
 
"Sure, enjoy yourself," said Minju. She felt like a baby when Sakura patted her head before leaving.
 
Felix stood up from his chair too. "Okay. Excuse me for a while, ladies. I need to make a call."
 
Both Chaewon and Minju nodded. And just like that, they were left alone at the table.
 
"The staff here surely loves Sakura a lot, huh," said Minju, trying to start a little talk.
 
Chaewon shakes her head and smiled. "Sakura is in love with the food here. She goes here twice or thrice a week and she always talks to those two each time we go here before."
 
Minju took it down in her mental notepad, how Chaewon kept pointing out the things Sakura had done with her before.
 
"What do they usually talk about?"
 
"It's mostly about food and recipes, which I don't understand." Chaewon rolled her eyes. "They always try to get Sakura's point of view on the food. Sometimes it's the other way around, Sakura is asking them about the food."
 
"Why are they doing that?"
 
Chaewon's eyebrows rose. "Hmm? Didn't you know that Sakura is a good cook?"
 
"Really?" Minju blinked. She suddenly remembers the breakfast she had with Sakura in the office pantry, when she told the latter that she always imagines herself being with someone who loves to cook.
 
And now she's blushing.
 
"Yes, she loves cooking a lot. I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet." Chaewon chuckled. "If it wasn't for her love of photography, I think she'd get culinary in college instead. She hasn't cooked food for you yet?"
 
Minju shook her head. "She mentioned she loves cooking, but she only enjoys it if there is someone to share the food with. I've only gone to her apartment once."
 
Chaewon looked surprised. "For real? How long have you been together again?"
 
"J-just recently..." Minju cleared .
 
"You mean you're not official yet when I came to her apartment last December?"
 
Minju shook her head no. "I was drunk the night before after a little party. I passed out on our way home. She doesn't know where my address is."
 
"I see." Chaewon nodded. "So, Sakura wasn't lying when she told me you're not her girlfriend, huh?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "Where did you guys met again?"
 
"In the office. We're on the same floor, just different departments," said Minju, relating things as close as she can to reality.
 
"So, how was it? I assume there are other girls that are annoyingly trying to get close to her, right? Do you guys fight over that?"
 
Minju smiled, remembering the fangirls in the office. "There are some girls that are crazy about her. So far, none of them has gotten on my nerves yet."
 
"I admire your patience and understanding there." Chaewon waves a finger. "Sakura's just a ball of... kindness, you know. She easily gets along well with strangers, with everyone. The funny thing about it is, ironically, that's what I hate about her too."
 
Minju chuckled, realizing that she felt the same way somehow. "She can't just help to be nice."
 
"Yeah, right? I don't understand how Sakura grew up like that." Chaewon shifted her position, leaning over the table. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you two got together?"
 
"Sakura and I started out as good friends," said Minju, coming up with an impromptu story, relating it to reality as much as she can. "And as time goes by, it grew deeper until everything was out of our control. It didn't take long before we finally admitted to each other that what we're feeling is mutual. We made it official when she called me on New Year's Eve."
 
Chaewon's mouth formed an O shape. Minju intentionally did that, relating their fake love story to what happened with Chaewon and Sakura before.
 
"How long have you known each other?" asked Chaewon.
 
"Five months."
 
"Has Sakura told you about me?"
 
"She did. We talked about you that day you came to her apartment."
 
Chaewon smiled. "What did she tell you?"
 
"She told me all about your special friendship with her," said Minju.
 
"Oh. Doesn't it bother you to know that and be with me now?" asked Chaewon.
 
"No. Not at all." Minju smiled. "Sakura is very open regarding her thoughts about you."
 
"Do you have issues with how Sakura handles this?"
 
"I don't have problems with anything because Sakura is over you, Chaewon."
 
"Oh really." Chaewon ran her fingers through her hair. "That made me think "
 
"About?" Minju closed her fists, expecting a blow.
 
"Don't get me wrong here. I'm just wondering."
 
"Go ahead."
 
Chaewon picked a fork on the side. "Well, it has been more than a year since Sakura and I last saw each other. I'm pretty sure you knew how long we stayed together in the past. Has she told you that?"
 
Minju nodded. "She did."
 
"I'm thinking of the possibilities that what could have happened if I'd come back earlier."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
Chaewon arranged back the fork to its original setup before looking at Minju. "You just got together a week ago. And I was wondering if," she pauses, and exhales, "do you think you'd be together if I had shown to Sakura's apartment a month earlier?"
 
Minju leaned back against the backrest. The question was hard for her to answer. First, because she and Sakura aren't real. Second,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter