Visitor

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju woke up seeing the beam of morning light from the window. She stretched her arms out and looked around. The moment the unfamiliarity of the bedroom hit her, she got up.

 

She brought a hand to her head after a terrible ache surged. The last thing she remembered is feeling her legs getting numb, then Sakura and Hyunjin are carrying her to the parking lot. She's not sure what happened after that.

 

She scanned the room. She saw a table alarm clock on the bedside table and realized it's already 10 am.

 

She found her purse nearby and fished for her mobile phone. She frowned because her battery is empty. Her mom would definitely kill her for not even calling.

 

She stood up from the bed and wandered around the room, wanting to find out whose house she's in right now. There's a picture frame on the table near the window. It's Sakura's graduation picture with an older man beside her, probably her dad.

 

Minju's eyes widened.

 

She panicked. She can't contain the idea that Sakura saw her in that kind of situation. She's more embarrassed with the idea that Sakura will see her now in her haggard appearance. And what's worst is she can't remember a thing from last night. What if she'd done something that she shouldn't?

 

She slapped herself for having a dirty mind. Then she scanned herself, still wearing her clothes from yesterday. And Sakura is nowhere to be seen.

 

She found Sakura outside the room, sleeping on the couch. Finding the scene cute, Minju bent a little to inspect Sakura's face.

 

She touched Sakura's nose with a fingertip. Sakura didn't move. Minju smiled. She stopped when she realized that what she's doing is silly.

 

---

 

Sakura is standing near an abyss.

 

She looked around to check if anyone was with her. There's no one.

 

Then she saw Chaewon standing on the edge of the other cliff in front of her. She wanted to go there but there's no bridge anywhere. The cliff is too high, and she will die if she falls into the river below.

 

"Chaewon!" she called out.

 

Chaewon didn't turn.

 

"CHAEWON!"

 

Chaewon didn't seem to hear her.

 

She took a few steps back and strode forward, running fast. Upon reaching the edge of the cliff, Sakura jumped as high as she could. She thought she will make it--she was sure she could--but due to unknown elements, while in the air, she saw the gap of the cliffs became wider, making her land on both hands holding onto the edge of the other cliff.

 

"Chaewon! Help me!"

 

She tried to rest her right foot on a stone bump but it cracked and fell immediately. She looked up and saw Chaewon staring down at her.

 

"Chaewon, help me! I don't wanna fall!"

 

"Sakura."

 

She heard a voice. She was sure it wasn't Chaewon 's. She didn't even saw Chaewon 's lips move. She looked around and there's no one else but them. She looked up again.

 

"Chaewon, please! Don't let me down again..."

 

"Sakura!"

 

The voice was louder this time. She felt her world shaking and everything is falling into the abyss. Her left hand slipped its grip from the stone. She's now hanging with one hand.

 

The quake's intensity increased. Little by little, the cliff's edge cracked. She fell, having the last glimpse of Chaewon looking down at her.

 

---

 

"CHAEWON!" Sakura cried out, getting up from the couch.

 

Minju didn't move. Sakura's face is leveling hers, eyes locked into hers.

 

Sakura looked down, gasping for air. She's sweating.

 

"Sakura? Are you okay?"

 

Sakura slowly nodded. She covered her chin and mouth with a hand and looked away.

 

"You're... you're having a nightmare... I had to wake you up..."

 

"Yeah... Sorry about that. Thanks, Minju."

 

"Are you sure you're okay now?"

 

"Mmm-mmm. Don't worry. I'm fine."

 

"Okay." Minju moved away and sat on the other end of the sofa. "Can I use your phone? I need to call my mom. My battery's empty. I'm pretty sure she's already worried about me."

 

Sakura removed the blanket from her body and stood up from the couch. "Sure. Go ahead. Just do your thing. I'll just wash my face."

 

Minju watched Sakura walked away. Her mind is full of unexplainable feelings towards this Chaewon girl that she's heard for the third time now.

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter