Free

HERSHE - MINKKURA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been an hour now since Chaewon left and the room is still lifeless. Sakura is on the bed, not moving from the spot where Chaewon left her, still contemplating what just happened. She knew it was real this time because she felt like Chaewon had taken a part of her body when she stepped out the door.
 
Suddenly her phone rang. Sakura grabbed the phone only to see Chaeyeon's name flashing on the screen.
 
But before she can answer, she saw a familiar key on the table, the duplicate key to her apartment. She picked it up and answered the call.
 
"Yo, Chaeyeon."
 
"Dude. How are you?"
 
"Uh... not good? How about you?"
 
"I'm fine. I'm driving back to Seoul. Is Chaewon still there?"
 
Sakura clenched her hand with the key in it. "Nope. She left an hour ago."
 
"Oh. So, what happened?"
 
Sakura sighed. "It's over. She returned the key to me."
 
"Oh. Is she going away again?"
 
"It could be something like that. She said we should stay away from each other for now."
 
"Hmm. I was afraid that she'd do that. But I think you guys did the right thing."
 
"You do?" Sakura felt at ease hearing that.
 
"Yeah. It might not be that obvious but I can see how both of you are having a hard time around each other. At least after this, she can focus on Felix without thinking of your unofficial past."
 
"I'm sorry, dude. I'm sorry that our friendship was badly affected because of what happened between Chaewon and me."
 
"Pssh. Don't worry," said Chaeyeon. "I believe time can heal both of you. It might not be today or tomorrow, but it will happen soon. You two will get back together as friends and our trio will be completed in no time, okay?"
 
"I hope so."
 
"It will happen soon. Believe me. Let her focus on Felix and you should focus on Minju too."
 
Sakura was jolted back to her senses after hearing that name. Minju's sweet smile suddenly crossed her mind. Sakura may not have realized it right away but Minju is the person who made her feel whole again after Chaewon.
 
"And speaking of that, I'm calling to check on Minju too. Is she there yet?" asked Chaeyeon.
 
Sakura's eyes automatically searched the room, as if double-checking if she's alone or not. "She's not here. In fact, I haven't seen her since I woke up this morning."
 
"Hmmm... I don't know if my intuition is right. But I have a feeling Minju likes you."
 
Sakura doesn't know how to take it.
 
"It's a gut feeling, but yeah, I think she's jealous of Chaewon the way Chaewon is jealous of her," continued Chaeyeon.
 
"But Chaewon told me Minju left early this morning to give us time to talk."
 
"It may seem like that but I think it's not what she really wants to happen. I don't mean to keep your hopes up, but I think she's afraid of losing you to Chaewon."
 
Sakura rose from the bed. "What should I do when she gets back here?"
 
"Observe her first. I don't think confessing is the right thing yet."
 
"Weren't you the one who's telling me yesterday to confess?"
 
"Well, it's a different case this time. You just came from a breakup, right? You wouldn't want Minju to feel that she's a rebound."
 
"Oh." Sakura scratched her head. "Maybe you're right. I'll take it easy for now."
 
"All right. Have a safe trip back here later. I'll see you soon."
 
"You too. See you. Thanks."
 
Sakura sighed and sat back down on the bed. After all the things that had happened, all she wanted to do is to see Minju.
 
---
 
Minju stepped out of the souvenir shop, decided to finally go back to their room. She has been prolonging the idea, afraid to know about how the talk went.
 
But yeah, it's close to noon and she needs to pack her things. Whatever the result is, she needs to face it with full courage.
 
---
 
Minju stood in front of the door. She raised her hand but hesitated, thinking if Chaewon could still be inside.
 
She put her ear up against the door to listen for any sound. To her disappointment, she heard nothing but the running air-conditioner.
 
"Minju?" Sakura appeared from the end of the hallway, paper bags in her hands. "Where have you been? I was starting to get worried."
 
Minju unconsciously took a step backward. "I was... I was just strolling around. I bought souvenirs for my mom."
 
Sakura eyed the paper bags. "Oh. I bought souvenirs too for Dad and Eunbi."
 
Minju raised an eyebrow. She doesn't understand Eunbi's role in Sakura's life. But seeing Sakura's smile made everything felt right again.
 
"I didn't see you at the souvenir shop."
 
"I didn't see you either." Sakura turned to the door, opening it with her keycard. She went straight to lie on the bed. "Ooh. I'm gonna miss this bed so much!"
 
Minju left her paper bags on the floor, wondering why Sakura seemed happy. She walked to her closet and started taking out her clothes.
 
"How are you feeling? Don't you feel sick or something? You were so drunk last night," she asked.
 
"I had a terrible headache when I woke up this morning."
 
"Do you want me to get you an aspirin?"
 
"Nah. I'm all cool now." Sakura stretched her arms out and rolled on the bed. "By the way, how did I end up here last night?"
 
Minju stopped for a second, trying to recollect her thoughts. "Chaeyeon's pretty smashed up too last night. Felix and I helped her book a room. Chaewon escorted you back here."
 
"Why didn't Chaewon help Felix with Chaeyeon instead?"
 
"I don't really know." Minju went to her bag to put some clothes. "Felix asked her, but she said she's dizzy. It made me wonder how she could accompany you back here if she was dizzy."
 
Sakura chuckled. "Were we doing something when you came?"
 
"Aside from her ruffling your hair while you were sleeping? I guess none. I don't know if I should pretend to be jealous or not." Minju went back to her closet to get more clothes. "But when I saw her panicked, I realized I should just act cool."
 
"What did you say to her?"
 
"I thanked her for looking after you and then she thanked me for dragging you here," said Minju. "It turned out she's also planning to talk to you over this trip so she asked for my permission to allow you to talk to her."
 
"And you said yes?"
 
"I don't have the right to say no, Sakura. I'm only pretending to be your girlfriend."
 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter